[REPORTED]LOW FPS on F10 MAP

I noticed something strange going on while I was in the F10 map in a multiplayer server (persian gulf map, buddyspike server). As soon as I join the server and get into the observer slot I have more or less 50FPS but as time goes on they start decreasing progressively. After 50 seconds they stabilize at 17-19FPS.

Realized that if u actually disable the LIFEBAR tool I get 100 FPS.

Map was fully zoomed out so to have the max number of unit visible.

System specs in the signature.

Edited by dedde01

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

The F10 map can have a lot of draw calls, it saturates the CPU and so can't the GPU do more work because of the CPU babysitting thing. Secondly, because DX11 API has notoriously botched multi-threading support, the whole thing is single-threaded still and nothing DCS can do about it, plus Draw Calls thems selfs just cost a lot of CPU.

It could be some off bug and it may be optimized, but for major improvement you'll have to wait for the new graphics engine based on Vulkan API (or get a better CPU in terms of single-thread performnace, that's impossible as there is none significantly better on the market in that field)

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Prior to 2.5.6 I used to have great framerates in the F10 map, but after updating to 2.5.6 it takes much longer to load and constantly causes SteamVR to crash. The game otherwise runs fine as long as I don't use the F10 map. Something definitely got porked between 2.5.5 and 2.5.6.

• 2 weeks later...

It could be useful to disable background hangar image in F10, as option. many months ago I have it disabbled due lue edit, but after 2.5.5 it was no possible (DCS give me error at starting).

Just to free some resources and gain fps, its not necessary to have in ram those items loaded.