stereo_mode_use_shared_parser helps a lot with balancing CPU/GPU usage

In VR, what surprise to me is that when PARSER is ON, clouds not rendered in one eye are fixed, also other glitches not rendered correctly (planes at medium distance).

However, flood light in cockpit is bugged (rendered in one eye), also afterburner / explossions blur.

It appears that fps are more stable

Appart, there are culling issues with stereo parser on (110 degrees of previous HDM generation?)

Please ED, are you working on fixing the parser? it could be if optimized well, a good improvement in fps stability, there are 2 glitches to fix only (culling and flood lighting, other things seems good).

Yes, it's a very helpful performance option. Should be an official tickbox in VR settings. Please ED fix it's current unfinished state, these are current issues:

- Frustum Culling FOV seems to be set for 1st gen VR HMD (max 110°) in my Valve Index i can clearly see how objects are switched on and off at the edges of the screens

- heatblur post effect renders in one eye only

- cockpit lighting, esp. flood lights are rendered in one eye only

- cloud shadows (if i'm passing under a cloud) are rendered in one eye only

- in some modules, canopy glass internal highlights produce artifacts against water (z-buffer sorting?)

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

@blunt_waco

What HMD are you using? In my case i see yellow for on and dark grey for off. There is clearly a difference.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Whaoo, I kind of was attributing this visual bugs issue to the vr shader mod I am using.

I use Samsung odyssey +. I see gray color on my left eye and light yellow light on my right eye with the flood light turned on at night. The water reflection on the cockpit glass is very noticeable too especially in the Hornet.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

@blunt_waco

We are going off-topic here. However, everything is correct with the yellow/orange weapon station lights, because you are fully loaded with launchers on all 4 stations, those yellow lights will stay on. Try to unload everything on ground or jettison your inner stations, you'll see how those inner station lights will go off. They are very dim, yes. But still visible enough atm. I would wait for the Black Shark 3 upgrade for ED's final take on the Ka-50 and it's new cockpit style and features.

• ED Team

I have spoken with the team,

stereo_mode_use_shared_parser is currently work in progress and not ready yet for real use.

This will change in the future.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

It's better to disable it, the new update seems to work well without it.

[W.I.P]stereo_mode_use_shared_parser helps a lot with balancing CPU/GPU usage

It needs to be disabled if you don’t want strange artifacts...still should give some gains in performances. It’s WIP so it is probably part of their VR optimization package on which they are working

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 2 weeks later...

With the the update DCS 2.5.6.50321 I get lots of render errors with the default stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false setting.

Much less with the stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true setting (also the supercarrier personal is only rendered in one eye, but this is preferable for me to the rendering errors with the default setting all over the place).

After flying some missions with the true setting you can instantly perceive the wrong rendering when you switch back to the default false setting (It is quite nauseating).

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

With the the update DCS 2.5.6.50321 I get lots of render errors with the default stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false setting.

Much less with the stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true setting (also the supercarrier personal is only rendered in one eye, but this is preferable for me to the rendering errors with the default setting all over the place).

After flying some missions with the true setting you can instantly perceive the wrong rendering when you switch back to the default false setting (It is quite nauseating).

So now it´s fixed?

Using "options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true" in autoexec.cfg has a huge impact on DCS's CPU and GPU usage in VR. It enables View Frustum Culling https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aEj494GokOg/VvG7kQoY1uI/AAAAAAAAAD8/XF9f7fmXMT0QUoPSKbgab7IIeSLiqgTDQ/s1600/3.jpg

I have a very simple test scenario, F/A-18 instant mission "Ready On The Ramp" in the Caucasus map. Start it in VR, just look to the right and then to the left. As soon as the hangars on the left side appear in your fov, CPU and GPU usage drop heavily. The GPU drop is extreme. FPS gets cut in half. Check the graphs in my screenshots (3rd pic is with shared_parser enabled).

This goes away completely after enabling shared_parser. However, the culling is very rough and not very well tuned by ED. I can see the objects dropping in and out at the edges of the screens in my HMD, some stuff doesn't get rendered properly in both eyes. And it will not bring back those precious stable 45 fps in 2.5.6 :(

I tried adding that line to autoexec config in savedgames DCS folder last night but couldn't get it to work. When I got into the F18 cockpit everything was frozen on supercarrier - deck crew weren't moving, no HUD and the ocean was static.

• 2 months later...

Vr

Thankyou very much for this, Amazing how this little line has cleaned up my VR performance.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel® Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 20Gb RAM, 1070 8Gb, HPOmen 17", Thrustmaster Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1 SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView,

Modules:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Improved my VR performance, eager to try when fully supported/bug free.

for now: "Frustum Culling FOV seems to be set for 1st gen VR HMD (max 110°) in my Valve Index i can clearly see how objects are switched on and off at the edges of the screens" as an Valve Index user it happens to me too.

Thank you,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Improved my VR performance, eager to try when fully supported/bug free.

for now: "Frustum Culling FOV seems to be set for 1st gen VR HMD (max 110°) in my Valve Index i can clearly see how objects are switched on and off at the edges of the screens" as an Valve Index user it happens to me too.

Thank you,

F.

I see it to but it is not as noticible in the air. I am using it as it does generate a few fps extra and I feel it makes the game smoother. Granted that may be my imagination.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Please still bare in mind this is W.I.P and not intended for public use yet.

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Tried this one out today and keeping in mind that is not intended for public use I found that one major positive (at least for me) is that the objects, shadows, etc are rendered at the same distance with both eyes :clap: which is a welcome change since with it turned off they render at different distances and it's super annoying and distracting when using VR.

It comes as a "cost" that cockpit flood lights now are rendered only with one eye so I just turn them off...

However this looks promising and I look forward to see the polished version. :thumbup:

@BIGNEWY any update on this?

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• ED Team

No update to share yet, still W.I.P, I have asked the team but they are very busy, if I get something to share I will.

thanks

No update to share yet, still W.I.P, I have asked the team but they are very busy, if I get something to share I will.

thanks

thanks for the quick reply :thumbup:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel