Bhaptics Tactsuit

Hi all

Has anyone heard about or tested the bhaptics Tactsuit? I‘m talking about this one:

bhaptics

Seems to be a buttkicker to wear and supports also games and videos or music via audio output. As I have no experience with buttkicker or Andre‘s jetseat or something similar, I‘m not sure if this could be a real benefit in DCS or if it‘s just expensive crap. Any thoughts?

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

For DCS seems like overkill IMO.

But it would be interesting. lol

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

I‘m curious how the vest would work in DCS. Don‘t think the rest is that beneficial compared to the prize. But a wearable wireless buttkicker sounds good to me. Main question is what kind of aircraft „signals“ can be sent to the vest that make sense. Don‘t think you can simulate g-forces and feeling the flap extension on your body - not sure if that‘s the same quality than using a jetseat. Maybe he shaking of a stalling aircraft? Would be interesting what others are thinking.

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

For DCS seems like overkill IMO.

But it would be interesting. lol

Vibration effects are never overkill.

Or that´s what she told me :doh:

• Like 2

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Vibration effects are never overkill.

Or that´s what she told me :doh:

She should know! :megalol::megalol::megalol:

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

• 5 months later...

Would be cool if when you pulled

g it would inflate and squeeze you. That and a good tilt in vr would really emulate motion.

Of course you would look silly as hell but we are already grown men in pretend worlds so.....

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

• 5 months later...

I recently got a bhaptics vest and would love to get it set up with dcs but ive found 0 info on how to even attempt it. since it doesnt require audio to work with games this is a promising platform I just dont have the skills to set it up. platform seems pretty open though if someone did have the knowledge I would happily test it out

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm starting to experiment with bHaptcis and MSFS ...

When the plane aproaches VNE, my back starts vibrating gradually.
When the RPM exceed 95%, my chest starts vibrating gradually
Whem G's exceed 3, my belly starts vibrating gradually

For a first try, I'm loving it !!!!
Is the a way to get DCS telemetry via UDP ? GForces, speed, rpms ...

https://github.com/cercata/pysim2bhap

Edited by cercata

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 2:59 PM, tekrc said:

I recently got a bhaptics vest and would love to get it set up with dcs but ive found 0 info on how to even attempt it. since it doesnt require audio to work with games this is a promising platform I just dont have the skills to set it up. platform seems pretty open though if someone did have the knowledge I would happily test it out

Still interested in testing ? I just added DCS support to my tool:

Sim2bHapDCS.png

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 11:26 PM, cercata said:

Still interested in testing ? I just added DCS support to my tool:

Sim2bHapDCS.png

does the vest bother you to fly long sesions >1hr flight time?
are you coding yourself the app to read DCS telemetry and sending effects to the various shakers accordingly?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 4/9/2022 at 8:49 PM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

does the vest bother you to fly long sesions >1hr flight time?
are you coding yourself the app to read DCS telemetry and sending effects to the various shakers accordingly?

Y endure very long sessions, 2 3H sessions with a pause for eating something. Not confortable, but it's like if a was wearing a anti-g suit 😉
But a friend says he can't endure it, that it destroys his back in minutes.

The Lua Script for porcesing the telemetry I copied the one from FlyPT Mover, and then Y proces the info, and send the effect to the bHaptics API. It's Open Source, it's all there

Edited by cercata
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

@cercata I'm wondering if you are still experimenting with your software and the bhaptics tactsuit. I currently use a bass shaker and it has dramatically improved my immersion, especially in the warbirds. My hope would to be to use both at the same time, separating certain signals like g-forces away from the bass shaker and into the suit while using both for certain other signals (such as AoA, flaps and gear, and cannon fire).

• 4 months later...

hmm, it tells me "Grabing config ...DCSBHap started", Sim: DCS, IP 127.0.0.1, Port 4125, status green, Preset: DCS_F18. Log says "no fresh telemetry data". When I hit "Stop", bhaptics tells me "Client disconnected", when I hit "Run", bhaptics player tells me upon connection "client disconnected"...

"DCS_To_bHap.lua" is in ...\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Hooks\ of course.

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2022 at 1:11 PM, void68 said:

hmm, it tells me "Grabing config ...DCSBHap started", Sim: DCS, IP 127.0.0.1, Port 4125, status green, Preset: DCS_F18. Log says "no fresh telemetry data". When I hit "Stop", bhaptics tells me "Client disconnected", when I hit "Run", bhaptics player tells me upon connection "client disconnected"...

"DCS_To_bHap.lua" is in ...\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Hooks\ of course.

Hey, sorry, didn't know someone was interested in using it ... I forgot about this.

if you could sniff UDP traffic on port 4125 with wireshark, I will know if it's a problem with the .lua or with my Script. I'll test it today to see if it works with the last version, didn't use it with DCS for months.

Sometimes there is another folder for the .lua files, DCSBeta instead of DCS.

Edited by cercata

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 4:29 AM, cercata said:

Hey, sorry, didn't know someone was interested in using it ... I forgot about this.

if you could sniff UDP traffic on port 4125 with wireshark, I will know if it's a problem with the .lua or with my Script. I'll test it today to see if it works with the last version, didn't use it with DCS for months.

Sometimes there is another folder for the .lua files, DCSBeta instead of DCS.

Finally got mine working... idiot operator error as usual. @cercata any possibility of adding the DCS P47? It's the only aircraft I fly unfortunately.

Edited by Gringo Escobar
fat fingers

16 hours ago, Gringo Escobar said:

Finally got mine working... idiot operator error as usual. @cercata any possibility of adding the DCS P47? It's the only aircraft I fly unfortunately.

I don't have that plane, so I can't test it ...

You can edit the Sim2bHap.ini, and add the P47, you can use the P51 as base, copy/paste, rename, and change the max speed.

The *Threshold parameters, you can change them also to your taste, if you want the vibration to start sooner or later.

If you put several * before the name, it will be the first one in the list.

[***DCS_P-47]
activeSim = DCS
speedThreshold = 75
rpmThreshold = 98
maxSpeed = ???

Edited by cercata

On 4/13/2023 at 9:00 AM, cercata said:

I don't have that plane, so I can't test it ...

You can edit the Sim2bHap.ini, and add the P47, you can use the P51 as base, copy/paste, rename, and change the max speed.

The *Threshold parameters, you can change them also to your taste, if you want the vibration to start sooner or later.

If you put several * before the name, it will be the first one in the list.

[***DCS_P-47]
activeSim = DCS
speedThreshold = 75
rpmThreshold = 98
maxSpeed = ???

i just tested it out and it works with my edited file. Thanks a million @cercata

• Like 1