A case for the Blackburn Buccaneer

Evoman

Here is a request for a unique carrier-capable attack aircraft that is actually feasible and would probably appeal a lot to the Tornado fan club because the Buccaneer was its predecessor and it was one of the last all British made combat aircraft.

Some interesting facts about the Buccaneer is that it was capable of flying at very low altitudes for a long distance at high speed. In the late 1970’s the Buccaneer had attended Red Fag, in which none of the American aircraft of the time could score a hit against a Buccaneer. For more details of what made it so special check out this video:

Prior to creating this new thread, I did some research and found that back in 03/2016 the BANA Project was announced in the below thread that was going to develop the Buccaneer for free distribution. But it seems like the project lost momentum and stalled since then. Which I am actually happy it did because it would had used a simplified flight model and would had lacked the quality of a proper licensed module. Plus, it would have had all of the same limitations the A-4 currently has.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=163181

Blackburn-Buccaneer.jpg

• Thanks 1

+1 would love an S.2B and S.2D

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Interesting:

AIRPASS was a British airborne interception radar and fire-control radar system developed by Ferranti. It was the world's first airborne monopulse radar system, the first all-digital airborne radar, and fed data to the world's first head-up display. The name is an acronym for "Airborne Interception Radar and Pilot's Attack Sight System". In the Royal Air Force (RAF) it was given the official name Radar, Airborne Interception, Mark 23, normally shortened to AI.23.[1] AIRPASS was used on the English Electric Lightning throughout its lifetime.

A modified version, AIRPASS II (Blue Parrot), was designed for low-level flight navigation and targeting. This was originally intended for the BAC TSR.2, but when that aircraft was cancelled in 1965, it was subsequently used in the Blackburn Buccaneer. Elements of the AIRPASS design were used on many subsequent radars from Ferranti, while its head-up display was soon licensed for use in the United States where it was quickly adopted for many aircraft.

Cheers.

Sorry guys, not interested in the slightest. More core changes and general gameplay improvements are preferred.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Sorry guys, not interested in the slightest. More core changes and general gameplay improvements are preferred.

If you have not noticed already DCS needs to keep developing and selling modules to keep the lights on. So even if a module does not interest you, the sales that come of it will benefit you in funding those improvements that you so desire in the long run. Plus you should actually be happy for a module that will be popular not only with Europeans and South Africans but with anyone else that has a preference for older aircraft. More sales = improvements. :smilewink:

If you have not noticed already DCS needs to keep developing and selling modules to keep the lights on. So even if a module does not interest you, the sales that come of it will benefit you in funding those improvements that you so desire in the long run. Plus you should actually be happy for a module that will be popular not only with Europeans and South Africans but with anyone else that has a preference for older aircraft. More sales = improvements. :smilewink:
As much as I would like to have more aircraft in DCS, a lot of them remain in half-baked state and cause frustration, with developers just steaming ahead with new modules and people squealing for "moar". I'd rather pay twice to get them to finish what they started... :(

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

As much as I would like to have more aircraft in DCS, a lot of them remain in half-baked state and cause frustration, with developers just steaming ahead with new modules and people squealing for "moar". I'd rather pay twice to get them to finish what they started... :(

From my experience Heatblur has been doing a great job at finishing up their modules in a fair amount of time. It all depends who the developer is.

A buccaneer would be cool or a DCS Skyhawk but some cool carrier jets the F/A-18, F-14B, Su-33, A-7(in the future)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

• 1 year later...

Bit late but yes. I’m an RAF brat and spent my youth watching Buccaneers take off and landing at various stations among other aircraft during the Cold War. 3 years at RAF Laarbruch being the absolute highlight. I love this aircraft. Looks odd but just oozing that superb Cold War era of aircraft. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

Yes, but only if it comes with an Audacious-class aircraft carrier 

Personally I'd go for the RAF S.2B which was slightly more capable AFAIK, and had a longer service life with more of a role grounded in reality (the RN S.2D was gone by the mid-to-late 70s, and if I'm not mistaken they went to the RAF to be converted into S.2Bs).

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

9 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Personally I'd go for the RAF S.2B which was slightly more capable AFAIK, and had a longer service life with more of a role grounded in reality (the RN S.2D was gone by the mid-to-late 70s, and if I'm not mistaken they went to the RAF to be converted into S.2Bs).

If possible how about both?

On 4/14/2020 at 3:55 PM, Northstar98 said:

+1 would love an S.2B and S.2D

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2024 at 11:03 PM, Tengah said:

A crying shame this thread fizzled out... 😞  

I'd love to see a double pack with a RN and RAF buckaneer the RAF might be more capable but RN has carrier ops

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upyr1 said:

I'd love to see a double pack with a RN and RAF buckaneer the RAF might be more capable but RN has carrier ops

Absolutely!  The possibilities, oh the possibilities for mission creators...  Upyr, thank you for commenting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------