[NO BUG]Open Beta Bug

JG14_Smil

Latest version of Open Beta L-39 has the following repeatable bug:

"K" flag should be turning off whenever the RMI receives a localizer signal. It stays turned on during both Navigation mode (when receiving a signal) and Glidepath/Pentration mode. The SDU follows this also (though I do not use it).

To repeat the bug, just fly the $#@ plane. ;)

Please fix this.

All due respects Dan, but you are wrong about the flag working correctly.

In either Stable or Open Beta (clean install or modified beacons do not matter):

Fly L-39 and tune to a RSBN channel. Both green lights are on, you are receiving localizer and glideslope information.

- In Navigation mode, RMI is receiving localizer data only; "k" flag should be off.

- In Penetration mode, you are still receiving that data and "K" flag is still on.

Both instances are bugs as "K" flag should be off and not on.

In PRMG/Landing mode, "K" flag is working correctly; Flag is off.

If you have the Mig-21, you can see how this should properly work. Just repeat above step by tuning to a RSBN channel.

----

You were quite correct that I should have used better wording. Thank you for that.

----

Please note: I have a L-39 simpit. Radio Navigation in the L-39 or Mig-21 is the only reason I fly in DCS and I use it on every single flight. I may be the only person in the world that does this, so I notice things. :)

Not surprised by all of this as it is just more of the same old, same old. People go out of their way to prevent bug fixes instead of helping to get them fixed.

I rest my case.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Smil, at least I am not wrong about it's "working" same in stable and open beta. :music_whistling:

It seems it's broken for very long time, it's same in video from 2015.

All due respects Smil, but you are wrong, I actually provided video showing, it's broken as you states and I am also providing track now. So even whenever I was wrong about it's not being broken I think I actually helped by providing additional info.

Bug-L39-Flag-K.trk

Edited by danvac

• ED Team

Hi all

the team have checked and K flag should be closed only in landing mode.

localizer and glideslope signals don't use in other modes, only on landings.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello,

First, the flags work as they always worked; I checked some old DCS videos. But for us who also fly MiG-21 it gets confusing as the two DCS modules unfortunately work inconsistently. I wish they were consistent.

Second, there is good logic behind the flags in DCS: Let 0 stands for No Show (Off) and X for Show (On). You get, assuming correct Navigation and Landing channels are set,

K G

X X in the navigation mode,

X 0 in the penetration mode,

0 0 in the landing mode*.

*The flags can go On if you are off the course.

Third, I feel what Bignewy wrote was a bit too concise. Flags serve as an indication of your SDU mode, rather than if you receive signals. In navigation and penetration modes only Navigation channel is used, and localizer signal is indeed received. It gives you direction and distance, but no glide slope. You get the glide slope in the penetration mode by setting the atmospheric pressure on ZDV-30, which is obtained when you contact the tower for approach. Disappearing G flag then means that you can use SDU in the pitch channel.

In the landing mode, the Navigation channel is not used, instead it is the Landing channel. You receive the glide scope directly by the beacon if you are within a certain approach cone. It does not matter what pressure is entered to ZDV-30 (the RSBN field elevation knob). Disappearing K and G flags now means that you can use SDU in both bank and pitch channels.

Edited by -Martin-

According to the real manual, in the actual plane disappearing K and G flags occur whenever you can use SDU in bank and pitch channels, respectively. On the other hand, their presence indicate poor or no signal strength, or absence of power supply (e.g., SDU if off). Furthermore, flags on RMI are just repeaters of SDU flags. They tell the pilot when it makes sense to turn on SDU, they do not appear to be informative about the RMI pointers. This is consistent with how it works in DCS.

Edited by -Martin-

Hello,

Fly L-39 and tune to a RSBN channel. Both green lights are on, you are receiving localizer and glideslope information.

If you jump into the instructor's cockpit, you will see that these lights are called Azimuth Correct and Distance Correct, respectively. These light are the system's evaluation whether the information received is reliable or not. In navigation and penetration modes you are not receiving glidescope information (in the penetration mode it is computed using pressure entered into ZDV-30 by the RSBN field elevation knob). In fact, you can enter a nonsense Landing channel, and both lights will be still on.

Edited by -Martin-