INS updates for landing airfield.

muamshai

Two questions:

1. The number in INS coordiantes keep running during normal flight. However, when I enter a new waypoint, say for landing airfield (yes, the last two digits are converted from seconds to percentage as per Chuck's guide in page 209) and elevation in meters then coordinates are frozen, and they only show for selected waypoint. How can I keep them running while waypoint is selected for landing airfield?

2. Synthetic runway doesn't show up. Yes, the proper ILS frequency is entered and can hear the code. Yes, autopilot is engaged, and I'm on the line. Yes, coordinates are entered (261078N, 0561458E, 14M for Khasab airfield. Coordinates are convered from seconds to percentage as per Chuck's guide in page 209) What am I doing wrong? Screenshot attached during approach.

Thanks in advance folks :-)

landing.png

This space is available for your advertisement

Are you sure you understand the difference between PREP and DEST waypoints ?

PREP to prepare and enter new way point

DEST to select waypoint.

At least this is how I understood :joystick:

PREP 00 is your current location, hence the continous update on lat/long coordinates on the PCN.

PREP is set to 00 at start up.

Other waypoints will have fixed coordinates which is what you want as you want to fly toward a fixed waypoint.

So if you want to see your current location, you have to make sure 00 is selected as PREP.

Are you sure you understand the difference between PREP and DEST waypoints ?

I think he's wondering why he doesn't see the coordinates running while on a PREP different than 00. Probably didn't even realize that PREP 00 existed.

That's correct. I didn't consider PREP 00.

Let me try this as soon as I'm at home.

To all others, thank you folks for taking time to elucidate me. :thumbup: