Whats she like to fly?

ak22

Thanks guys, im reading this with interest.

I was looking for some confirmation on the "nervous" behavior of the F-5 and it looks like it's not my stick that is broken.

I can't keep it straight yet but i will look at the trim and other options mentioned in more detail when i have time.

That is quite sparse as a description of a possible issue.
I'd say, assuming your stick is okay, you should tune the curves in the axis setup of DCS.

Edited by DthFrmAbv

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Even for experienced DCS simmers, the F-5 is a joy to fly. Keep in mind to put enough of an agressive curve on your rudder pedals, though 😉

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It's a roll rate limiter on the stick. On the real thing it's a detent that you have to push through to reach full deflection in roll axis, but in game there is a button for that. It's not a button in the pit.

Call up control overlay with Rctrl+ enter and you will notice tick marks halfway on the roll axis.

It's called something like ''stick limiter'' in key mapping.
So this could actually be simulated on a FFB stick? Hmmm Interesting.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

If anyone wants to challenge themselves with the F5 then look into Fast Jet Performance on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/timdavies#:~:text=Fast Jet Performance on Patreon,in fast jet flying training.&text=BASIC WARRIORS get 1 on,on the Shadowlands DCS Server.

Tim Davies is an ex RAF instructor and us using the F5 to teach the Air force Advanced and tactical flying training program. It's a great experience and good knowledgeable crowd on the servers too. 

• 11 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 6:42 PM, MAXsenna said:

So this could actually be simulated on a FFB stick? Hmmm Interesting.

I believe this is already implemented when using a FFB stick. On mine I can feel a detent that I have to "push" through to get larger roll rate.

Edited by jalexb88
  • Thanks 1

I believe this is already implemented when using a FFB stick. On mine I can feel a detent that I have to "push" through to get larger roll rate.
Ah, I cannot "feel" it on mine. Hence my question, but I'll double check!
Cheers

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 3/3/2022 at 7:52 AM, jalexb88 said:

Thank you! You are correct, I hadn't noticed it before, but it's absolutely there!

Cheers!