Walleye questions

TLTeo

I've looked this up in the forum but couldn't find much discussion.

1. Can you guys get it to lock reliably? Specifically, can you get it to lock in the "Dawn Raiders" mission? For me, it won't lock on the building I'm supposed to hit even 4nm away from it, which makes it pretty pointless
  2. Can you maneuver the thing with the datalink after dropping it? For me, what happens in the video feed after dropping it is that on the video feed, the seeker of the bomb somehow looks way down rather than straight ahead on the target. As a result, it's impossible to guide it.

Any tips?

I've looked this up in the forum but couldn't find much discussion.

1. Can you guys get it to lock reliably? Specifically, can you get it to lock in the "Dawn Raiders" mission? For me, it won't lock on the building I'm supposed to hit even 4nm away from it, which makes it pretty pointless
  2. Can you maneuver the thing with the datalink after dropping it? For me, what happens in the video feed after dropping it is that on the video feed, the seeker of the bomb somehow looks way down rather than straight ahead on the target. As a result, it's impossible to guide it.

Any tips?

Are you Italian?

Same here pal, no way to lock it and I was not able to maneuver the bomb with D/L. I solved it using only the Walleye without pod. It locked thr building and flew directly on the roof of that.

I posted some tests on this forum demonstrating the walleye will not lock a target after 5pm regardless of actual lighting conditions. This is based on real world accounts from Desert Storm where Hornet pilots had trouble getting lock at dawn and dusk.

It is likely there is a time (5am ?) before which lock is not possible with the walleye.