Crashes right away loading main menu

demoteam44

Gurus, I need help. I cannot load DCS anymore for whatever reason. I was playing it no problem about two months ago, came back to it and now I cannot even get into the main menu. I can open the game just fine in 2D mode, but as soon as I try to play in VR the loading screen gets to about 5% and crashes. I've tried reinstalling a fresh DCS, deleting all files left behind from the uninstall. All drivers are updated. I'm at my wits end now.

Edit: Just after some more troubleshooting, ive noticed that the loading bar will cycle through 1% to 10% over and over usually 3-4 times then the DCS crash window will pop up.

dxdiag.txt

dcs.20200413-201314.txt

Edited by demoteam44

• ED Team

are you using any shader mods or any other unofficial mods?

If so please remove them and run a cleanup and repair ( or verify for steam users )

whatever it is it is crashing your display driver.

let me know

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am not no. I currently have a totally clean install of DCS. After the core game downloaded I installed the F-18, F-14, Nevada and Gulf modules. (all with my HMD unplugged so that I can run it in "non-VR" mode).

After i uninstalled DCS the first time I deleted the core game folder as well as the saved game folder just to be sure. Are there any other folders hiding that I could have missed?

• ED Team
No, the only other VR related program that is running is fpsVR.

That should be fine, I run that also.

Try reinstalling your VR software or updating it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I uninstalled windows mixed reality, deleted all remaining files. Uninstalled steamVR, deleted all remaining files. Reinstalled both. Get the exact same result. Game begins to load, flickers like crazy and crashes.

EDIT: I also just tried uninstalling and reinstalling my display drivers. Yet another no go.

Edited by demoteam44