New StreamDeck Plugin

On 8/29/2021 at 6:06 AM, ESzczesniak said:

I was wondering if anyone has advice for the A-10C radios?  I'm trying to make very comprehensive A-10C and F/A-18C profiles.  The one's I've found have utilized keyboard shortcuts, which have room for problems.  So I'm wanting to make my own profiles with DCS Interface.  I want to both eliminate (or nearly eliminate) keyboard commands AND have feedback (i.e. current NMSP selection is green to indicate it's active).

I've made the UFC, AHCP, and CDU and have these working well.  These are a bit simpler and mostly momentary buttons with no feedback. 

In particular for the radios, does anyone have experience having the current frequency/channel displayed on a Stream Deck button? 

While I haven't programmed it, it seems using rotary/buttons to switch the frequency, modes, etc, will be relatively straight forward.

Thanks for any help!

Yes. There are basically two ways to do this that I know of off the top of my head. 

Method 1 - Writing your own function in the aircraft.lua. This method will allow you to print the entire freq (or whatever you want) to a button.
Method 2 - Using the position of a single knob to print the correlated value on the stream deck button. This method will allow you to both have a display of the freq, one number per button and will allow you to press the buttons to increase/decrease the values. 

I believe I use both methods in the ARC radio for the Mi24P profile I made, located here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317284/

Take a look at the screenshots. I hope you will be able to find some insight when you take a look at the code.

Edited by Bailey

Question Moved to specific Topic

Edited by Ice Rhino
Asked question elsewhere

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Having issues with the A/A and A/G master modes on the F/A-18C Hornet.  There’s something funky about them.  Anyone had success in making them work?  

I can get the lamps to work (codes 47 and 48). It’s the actual 458 and 459 that isn’t doing what I expect. The values should be 1 or 0, but that’s not working.  

Tomorrow, I will copy the exact codes that I am trying to use, to no avail, and share them for you all to look over.

Edited by Chewmann

14 hours ago, Chewmann said:

Having issues with the A/A and A/G master modes on the F/A-18C Hornet.  There’s something funky about them.  Anyone had success in making them work?  

I can get the lamps to work (codes 47 and 48). It’s the actual 458 and 459 that isn’t doing what I expect. The values should be 1 or 0, but that’s not working.  

Tomorrow, I will copy the exact codes that I am trying to use, to no avail, and share them for you all to look over.

I have spent hours and hours trying to get this to work and to switch between them as it does in the jet, but gave up in the end and had to use the keyboard commands on both. Even Charles Tytler could not work it out, and he wrote the interface. My HotKey method, although you have to turn off A/A to go to A/G in order for the lights to look right on the SD and cockpit. 

If you find the solution, I would love to hear what you did

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

On 8/28/2021 at 11:06 PM, ESzczesniak said:

I was wondering if anyone has advice for the A-10C radios?  I'm trying to make very comprehensive A-10C and F/A-18C profiles.  The one's I've found have utilized keyboard shortcuts, which have room for problems.  So I'm wanting to make my own profiles with DCS Interface.  I want to both eliminate (or nearly eliminate) keyboard commands AND have feedback (i.e. current NMSP selection is green to indicate it's active).

DCS A-10C II Zip.streamDeckProfile

I've made the UFC, AHCP, and CDU and have these working well.  These are a bit simpler and mostly momentary buttons with no feedback. 

In particular for the radios, does anyone have experience having the current frequency/channel displayed on a Stream Deck button? 

While I haven't programmed it, it seems using rotary/buttons to switch the frequency, modes, etc, will be relatively straight forward.

Thanks for any help!

Here's my profile, you can check and pick what you like.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Rhino - I am not sure what isnt working for you with the Hornet A/G and A/A mode buttons.

But here is my settings:

AG:

DCS Command:  Button-ID =3002, Device ID = 23, Send Value = 1, Release Value = 0

Image State: DCS-ID = 48, Show 2nd State = > 0

AA:

DCS Command:  Button-ID =3001, Device ID = 23, Send Value = 1, Release Value = 0

Image State: DCS-ID = 47, Show 2nd State = > 0

With these settings - single press will switch a mode on, second press will turn it off.  Pressing the other mode button will switch to that mode.

Am I missing something?

Hi Thermal,

I am not sure if you are missing something 🙂, but I am about to give your settings a try, thanks very much, I will let you know

Edited by Ice Rhino

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

This is more a general Stream Deck question, but can anyone tell me how to reuse an icon from another profile/button?  I know how to select custom images, but as I'm piecing parts of various profiles together to make what I want, I find sometimes I like the icon from one profile, but not the coding/action.  And the icon seems to be written in to the profile, I'm not finding a separate place Stream Deck puts icons when you import a new profile.

Most commonly, I've found icons I like but they utilize keyboard shortcuts.  So I want to use a DCS Interface button command, but with the icon from the keyboard shortcut profile. 

40 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

This is more a general Stream Deck question, but can anyone tell me how to reuse an icon from another profile/button?  I know how to select custom images, but as I'm piecing parts of various profiles together to make what I want, I find sometimes I like the icon from one profile, but not the coding/action.  And the icon seems to be written in to the profile, I'm not finding a separate place Stream Deck puts icons when you import a new profile.

Most commonly, I've found icons I like but they utilize keyboard shortcuts.  So I want to use a DCS Interface button command, but with the icon from the keyboard shortcut profile. 

They way I've been doing it is to zip the profile up into a zip file.  Then open it with 7zip and 7zip will let you open up the profile to look into it, then you will see the folders with the icons named X,Y so 0,0 for the top left, etc.  Then in each folder you'll see state0 and state1 files for the icons.

On 9/4/2021 at 2:50 PM, Thermal said:

Rhino - I am not sure what isnt working for you with the Hornet A/G and A/A mode buttons.

But here is my settings:

AG:

DCS Command:  Button-ID =3002, Device ID = 23, Send Value = 1, Release Value = 0

Image State: DCS-ID = 48, Show 2nd State = > 0

AA:

DCS Command:  Button-ID =3001, Device ID = 23, Send Value = 1, Release Value = 0

Image State: DCS-ID = 47, Show 2nd State = > 0

With these settings - single press will switch a mode on, second press will turn it off.  Pressing the other mode button will switch to that mode.

Am I missing something?

Hi Thermal,

I have done as you have dictated and it now works like a charm. I was using the wrong DCS-ID.

Thank you so much

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

So with a little experimenting, I see that if I "select" then "deselect" a mode, it works properly.  What I have been doing was selecting a mode, then when I wanted to go to another, I would just select it without deselecting the active one at the time.  

14 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

Use copy/past from the streamdeck interface.

A question. Some buttons or inputs are blinking in the f14. Is there any fix to this 🙂 

I have noticed it often occurs when the button or function has no bindable option in the controls menu but i have discovered that several bindable swtiches and buttons like tail and wing light switches blinks as well like in my movie example.

Edited by lassekongo
wanted to upload video

9 hours ago, Phoenix FR said:

Use copy/past from the streamdeck interface.

Doesn't that copy the entire thing?  The button/switch type, the command/keyboard shortcuts, and the icons?  I'm specifically trying to figure out how to switch the button type, i.e. from keyboard shortcut to DCS Interface Switch, etc.

23 hours ago, hasole said:

They way I've been doing it is to zip the profile up into a zip file.  Then open it with 7zip and 7zip will let you open up the profile to look into it, then you will see the folders with the icons named X,Y so 0,0 for the top left, etc.  Then in each folder you'll see state0 and state1 files for the icons.

I hadn't tried that yet, but I was wondering if that might work.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:44 AM, ESzczesniak said:

Doesn't that copy the entire thing?  The button/switch type, the command/keyboard shortcuts, and the icons?  I'm specifically trying to figure out how to switch the button type, i.e. from keyboard shortcut to DCS Interface Switch, etc.

Yes it copy all.

A question. Some buttons or inputs are blinking in the f14. Is there any fix to this  
I have noticed it often occurs when the button or function has no bindable option in the controls menu but i have discovered that several bindable swtiches and buttons like tail and wing light switches blinks as well like in my movie example.

This happens when there's more than one entry for a control. Use notepad+ to search for the entries that blink and edit one
of them so they both match.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

When I see flashing on the Stream Deck it is usually (always?) a result of a duplicated export. I search for the duplicate and delete it. One of the popular F14 luas has many.