New StreamDeck Plugin

Just now, bones1014 said:

@Bailey Feel like throwing these into your Skyhawk lua? For radar mode and tilt angle and the weapon drop interval

function ExportScript.radar_mode_and_tilt(mainPanelDevice)
	--[120] = "%0.4f",	--AN/APG-53A Radar Mode Switch	{0.1,0,0.4}
	--[122] = "%0.4f",	--Radar Antenna Tilt Switch	{0.4,0,1}
		local radar_mode
		if mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(120) > 0 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(120) < 0.2 then --0.1
			radar_mode = "STBY"
			elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(120) > 0.1 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(120) < 0.3 then --0.2
			radar_mode = "SRCH"
			elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(120) > 0.2 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(120) < 0.4 then --0.3
			radar_mode = "TC"
			elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(120) > 0.3 then
			radar_mode = "A/G"
			else radar_mode = "OFF"
		end
		local radar_tilt = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(122), 1) * 5
		if radar_tilt == 1 then
		radar_tilt = "+5"
		elseif radar_tilt == 2 then
		radar_tilt = "0"
		elseif	radar_tilt == 3 then
		radar_tilt = "-5"
		elseif radar_tilt == 4 then
		radar_tilt = "-10"
		elseif radar_tilt == 5 then
		radar_tilt = "-15"
		else radar_tilt = "+10"
		end

local radar_mode_and_tilt = "MODE" .. "\n" .. radar_mode .. "\n" .. "TILT" .. 
		"\n" .. radar_tilt

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(1250, radar_mode_and_tilt)

end

function ExportScript.drop_interval(mainPanelDevice)
	--[742] = "%0.2f",	--AWRS Drop Interval Knob	{0,0,0.9}

local drop_interval = "DRP INTVL" .. "\n" .. ((ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(742), 2) * 10) / 0.05) + 20

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(1251, drop_interval)

end

Surely. I have a back log of stuff to add to the Library from the community. If you, or anyone else, has anything they would like to add, please feel free to post it in the Library thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/283178-dcs-exportscripts-for-stream-deck-community-github-library
If you dont see your thing in a lua, I havent put it in. Feel free to give me reminders (like max once a week 😄 

Looking at the code above, it looks like those values wouldn't get, for example, an angle of 4.5 degrees?

Surely. I have a back log of stuff to add to the Library from the community. If you, or anyone else, has anything they would like to add, please feel free to post it in the Library thread: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/283178-dcs-exportscripts-for-stream-deck-community-github-library
If you dont see your thing in a lua, I havent put it in. Feel free to give me reminders (like max once a week )  

Looking at the code above, it looks like those values wouldn't get, for example, an angle of 4.5 degrees?

No they wouldn't right now.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

On 1/18/2022 at 4:15 AM, Bailey said:

So here’s how I am making the UH-60 profile. I install the aircraft in the proper saved games location. I start dcs. I then install the aircraft in the dcs install location. This enables DCS-Interface to ready the clickable lua (etc) as if it were an actual module. It will appear in the drop down menu. After making the profile you can then remove the aircraft from the dcs install location. You will still be able to use the profile. The “only” issue I am having is that it seems that the Battery and APU switches are toggleing via the SD, but the systems don’t turn on in game. If I use either keybinds or clicking it works fine. Have you heard of that happen before? And a solution? I plan to post the UH60 profile to the ExportScripts Library once it is mostly finished with the lua. 

Hi Bailey,

Thank you for all your usefull advice in this SteamDeck Plugin section.

I followed your advice in order to creat my A-4C SD profile (start with RADAR MODE) and when I'm in the SD ID Lockup I can choose the A-4C in the drop down menu but it is all empty. 

All other moduls works for me.

What did I miss.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Rem27

DCS interface.png

Edited by rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

3 hours ago, rem27 said:

Hi Bailey,

I followed your advice in order to creat my A-4C SD profile (start with RADAR MODE) and when I'm in the SD ID Lockup I can choose the A-4C in the drop down menu but it is all empty. 

What did I miss.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Rem27

DCS interface.png

I honestly have no idea. My solution is a workaround. Anything more than that is uncharted territory. I'll keep an ear out for a solution though.

8 hours ago, rem27 said:

Hi Bailey,

What did I miss.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Rem27

DCS interface.png

What I do is once the game is running copy the A-4E-C folder from the saved games folder to the install mods/aircraft folder and then the stream deck plugin can see it.

32 minutes ago, bones1014 said:

What I do is once the game is running copy the A-4E-C folder from the saved games folder to the install mods/aircraft folder and then the stream deck plugin can see it.

😮 did you see my technique? Look at this post closer. https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/283178-dcs-exportscripts-for-stream-deck-community-github-library/?do=findComment&comment=4873683

18 hours ago, bones1014 said:

Thank you, I'll give it a try tonight and give a feedback.

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

I wonder if anyone can help me with an issue I have regarding the DCS interface. If I open a web page before connecting to DCS my stream deck will not communicate. Works ok from hotkeys etc. The only solution so far I have found is to restart the computer. I wonder if there is a setting somewhere I could fix. 

Thanks in advance.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

8 hours ago, Mordants said:

I wonder if anyone can help me with an issue I have regarding the DCS interface. If I open a web page before connecting to DCS my stream deck will not communicate. Works ok from hotkeys etc. The only solution so far I have found is to restart the computer. I wonder if there is a setting somewhere I could fix. 

Thanks in advance.

I have not experienced that problem

I've been working on the DCS-BIOS backend addition, and tested out that it's working with the A-4E. For some reason exports from the game work well, but input commands to the game for the A-4 aren't working for me. Standard modules like the A-10C work great though, and even slightly faster than DCS-ExportScript for text displays. Anyways here's a preview video.

I'm still working on the user interface, but I can try share an early version of the plugin to download so people can play around with if they really want A-4 or other DCS-BIOS capability. @rem27 @bones1014

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ctytler said:

I've been working on the DCS-BIOS backend addition, and tested out that it's working with the A-4E. For some reason exports from the game work well, but input commands to the game for the A-4 aren't working for me. Standard modules like the A-10C work great though, and even slightly faster than DCS-ExportScript for text displays. Anyways here's a preview video.

I'm still working on the user interface, but I can try share an early version of the plugin to download so people can play around with if they really want A-4 or other DCS-BIOS capability. @rem27 @bones1014

Iirc, inputs should be a “simple” formatted string that (iirc) terminates in \n? And with the A10 working, sounds even more odd. You are using the FlightPanels DCS-BIOS, correct? In the past I made a VoiceAttack profile that used dcs-bios instead of keybinds for the inputs (the L-39 one). I believe there is someone working on a partial DCS Bios VA for the A4 right now. 

I, and I know a few others, would be glad to take at look the early version of the app and try it out before “official” release. 

10 hours ago, ctytler said:

If the A-4 doesn't work it wouldn't break my heart as it's just a mod. 

I would definitely be willing to test new tools. DCS BIOS is not something I've had to use yet. 

Edited by bones1014

Plea for help again!  Trying to create an "All Radios" tile for the A10. I've tried using code from the SA342M (shown below) but no joy.

Any ideas?

-- AN/ARC-164 UHF and UHF Preset Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------
    local lUHF_RADIO = GetDevice(54)
    if lUHF_RADIO:is_on() then
        ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2000, ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lUHF_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))
        UHF_readout = ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lUHF_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))
        local lPresetChannel = ExportScript.Tools.getListIndicatorValue(10)

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2001, string.format("%s", lPresetChannel.txtPresetChannel))
    else

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2000, " ")
        ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2001, " ")
    end

-- AN/ARC-186(V) VHF AM and Preset Channel
    local lVHF_AM_RADIO = GetDevice(55)
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2002, ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lVHF_AM_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))

VHFAM_readout = ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lVHF_AM_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))

local lVHF_AM_RADIO_PRESET = {[0.0]="1",[0.01]="2",[0.02]="3",[0.03]="4",[0.04]="5",[0.05]="6",[0.06]="7",[0.07]="8",[0.08]="9",[0.09]="10",[0.10]="11",[0.11]="12",[0.12]="13",[0.13]="14",[0.14]="15",[0.15]="16",[0.16]="17",[0.17]="18",[0.18]="19",[0.19]="20",[0.20]="1"}
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2003, lVHF_AM_RADIO_PRESET[ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(137), 2)])

-- AN/ARC-186(V) VHF FM and Preset Channel
    -------------------------------------------------
    local lVHF_FM_RADIO = GetDevice(56)
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2004, ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lVHF_FM_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))

VHFFM_readout = ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lVHF_FM_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))

-- Preset is buggy
    local lVHF_FM_RADIO_PRESET = {[0.0]="1",[0.01]="2",[0.02]="3",[0.03]="4",[0.04]="5",[0.05]="6",[0.06]="7",[0.07]="8",[0.08]="9",[0.09]="10",[0.10]="11",[0.11]="12",[0.12]="13",[0.13]="14",[0.14]="15",[0.15]="16",[0.16]="17",[0.17]="18",[0.18]="19",[0.19]="20",[0.20]="1"}
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2005, lVHF_FM_RADIO_PRESET[ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(151), 2, "ceil")])
    ---------------------
    -- All Radios Tile --
    ---------------------

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2030, "U " .. UHF_readout
                                        .. "\n" .. "VA " .. VHFAM_readout
                                        .. "\n" .. "VF " .. VHFFM_readout)

6 hours ago, Tess said:

Plea for help again!  Trying to create an "All Radios" tile for the A10. I've tried using code from the SA342M (shown below) but no joy.

Any ideas?

-- AN/ARC-164 UHF and UHF Preset Channel
    local lUHF_RADIO = GetDevice(54)
    if lUHF_RADIO:is_on() then
        ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2000, ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lUHF_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))
        UHF_readout = ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lUHF_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))
        local lPresetChannel = ExportScript.Tools.getListIndicatorValue(10)

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2001, string.format("%s", lPresetChannel.txtPresetChannel))
    else

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2000, " ")
        ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2001, " ")
    end

-- AN/ARC-186(V) VHF AM and Preset Channel
    local lVHF_AM_RADIO = GetDevice(55)
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2002, ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lVHF_AM_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))

VHFAM_readout = ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lVHF_AM_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))

local lVHF_AM_RADIO_PRESET = {[0.0]="1",[0.01]="2",[0.02]="3",[0.03]="4",[0.04]="5",[0.05]="6",[0.06]="7",[0.07]="8",[0.08]="9",[0.09]="10",[0.10]="11",[0.11]="12",[0.12]="13",[0.13]="14",[0.14]="15",[0.15]="16",[0.16]="17",[0.17]="18",[0.18]="19",[0.19]="20",[0.20]="1"}
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2003, lVHF_AM_RADIO_PRESET[ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(137), 2)])

-- AN/ARC-186(V) VHF FM and Preset Channel
    -------------------------------------------------
    local lVHF_FM_RADIO = GetDevice(56)
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2004, ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lVHF_FM_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))

VHFFM_readout = ExportScript.Tools.RoundFreqeuncy((lVHF_FM_RADIO:get_frequency()/1000000)))

-- Preset is buggy
    local lVHF_FM_RADIO_PRESET = {[0.0]="1",[0.01]="2",[0.02]="3",[0.03]="4",[0.04]="5",[0.05]="6",[0.06]="7",[0.07]="8",[0.08]="9",[0.09]="10",[0.10]="11",[0.11]="12",[0.12]="13",[0.13]="14",[0.14]="15",[0.15]="16",[0.16]="17",[0.17]="18",[0.18]="19",[0.19]="20",[0.20]="1"}
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2005, lVHF_FM_RADIO_PRESET[ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(151), 2, "ceil")])
    ---------------------
    -- All Radios Tile --
    ---------------------

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2030, "U " .. UHF_readout
                                        .. "\n" .. "VA " .. VHFAM_readout
                                        .. "\n" .. "VF " .. VHFFM_readout)

That's quite a bit of stuff in one go. Have you tried to export each individually to see where the problem is? After you do that you can combine them and not have to worry about which one broke the Tile. You might also want to date out the stuff you aren't using like the Presets code (for testing).

Edited by Bailey

On 1/25/2022 at 6:27 AM, ctytler said:

Thank you Ctytler! I appreciate your help here. I try hard this weekend but no joy. I can read all the values but I cannot activate any switch. If you have some other version I give it a try and give you my feedback.

Best regards

Rem27

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this issue.

I've got Stream Deck, have installed the DCS-ExportScript and the DCS Interface plugin, and have successfully established comms between DCS and the deck. For example I can see the altitude readout using DCS ID "28", so that's all good.

I read the wiki and saw a list of tiles including an altimeter tile (ID "3004"). (https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts/wiki/Spitfire-LF-MkIX) but I can't work out how to get the tiles to display. I've tried referencing the ID with no joy, unsurprisingly because when I check ID Lookup there is no such thing. I suspect I'm misunderstanding how the tiles are meant to work. Can someone help please?

PC specs:

I have found that the A-4 radar does not respond to the stream deck properly. It registers changes in the position when you press the stream deck button and rotate the knobs in game but the game only recognizes the rotation in game via mouse or keyboard.

11 minutes ago, bones1014 said:

I have found that the A-4 radar does not respond to the stream deck properly. It registers changes in the position when you press the stream deck button and rotate the knobs in game but the game only recognizes the rotation in game via mouse or keyboard.

That's why I cann't move de Radar MODE rotary..... (Off; STBY; CT, A/G)

Maybe Ctytler will find a way with his StreamDeck Plugin later on (I will send him Swiss Choclat! 😅)

4 hours ago, bones1014 said:

It moves for me it just doesn't do anything.

UH-60 has similar problems with their "EFM" switches. 

6 hours ago, bell_rj said:

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this issue.

I've got Stream Deck, have installed the DCS-ExportScript and the DCS Interface plugin, and have successfully established comms between DCS and the deck. For example I can see the altitude readout using DCS ID "28", so that's all good.

I read the wiki and saw a list of tiles including an altimeter tile (ID "3004"). (https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts/wiki/Spitfire-LF-MkIX) but I can't work out how to get the tiles to display. I've tried referencing the ID with no joy, unsurprisingly because when I check ID Lookup there is no such thing. I suspect I'm misunderstanding how the tiles are meant to work. Can someone help please?

You'll need to use the spitfire .lua. https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-ExportScript/ExportsModules/SpitfireLFMkIX.lua

@bailey I was trying to make the A-4 radar tilt angle better by making it a continuous range instead of set at 5 deg increments. I haven't thought up a way to do this yet. What is your technique?

Edited by bones1014