New StreamDeck Plugin

Just checked and I think it might have been added with the update that recently happened.  It seems that this will make life easier.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Here y'all go. Export for the apache.  https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts/tree/master/Scripts/DCS-ExportScript/ExportsModules
You can sub/favorite the Git, my discord, or this thread for updates (https://forum.dcs.world/topic/283178-dcs-exportscripts-for-stream-deck-community-github-library/)
The export itself seems pretty much fully finished minus custom functions for SD stuff. If it were a "version", I'd likely call it 1.0. It should be good for most people to make a full stream deck profile (which I am also working on).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Here y'all go. Export for the apache.  https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts/tree/master/Scripts/DCS-ExportScript/ExportsModules
You can sub/favorite the Git, my discord, or this thread for updates (https://forum.dcs.world/topic/283178-dcs-exportscripts-for-stream-deck-community-github-library/)
The export itself seems pretty much fully finished minus custom functions for SD stuff. If it were a "version", I'd likely call it 1.0. It should be good for most people to make a full stream deck profile (which I am also working on).

That'll be worth waiting for! (Opinion based purely on your earlier outstanding work)

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

I'm having a bit of an issue and hoping somebody can help. It's been a long time since I actually made a new profile for DCS with this plugin, but with the Apache release I though it was time I updated my setup and I've forgotten a few things.

Right now my main issue is that when I use the ID Lookup I have no modules to select. I've set my DCS install directory to "J:\DCS\DCS World OpenBeta" and hit Update but the dropdown box for modules remains empty. I've missed a step somewhere but no idea what.

@frostycabYou have the Export Script for the AH-64D in the correct place?

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

It's in "saved games/dcs openbeta/scripts/DCS-exportscript/" containing exportscript.lua, config.lua, the exportsmodules folder and lib folder.

My existing profiles work. I just can't make anything new as I can't get the ID Lookup function to recognise modules.

I had a similar thing recently when I upgraded the version of the Charles Tytler interface. I find now that I have to open DCS BIOS and enable the network part for it to interface with the modules

image.png

I am not saying this is your problem, but it is what I have to do

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

5 hours ago, frostycab said:

It's in "saved games/dcs openbeta/scripts/DCS-exportscript/" containing exportscript.lua, config.lua, the exportsmodules folder and lib folder.

My existing profiles work. I just can't make anything new as I can't get the ID Lookup function to recognise modules.

Double check your export.lua file. Play with it a bit. You can post it here for assistance.

Edited by Bailey

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Double check your export.lua file. Play with it a bit. You can post it here for assistance.

This is what I've got at the moment:

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
local iUFClfs=require('lfs');
dofile(iUFClfs.writedir()..'Scripts/iUFCExport.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Initially I just put the DCS ExportsScript section on the end, but in one of the creators videos he said if you have problems then try it at the top instead. Sadly that hasn't worked.

2 hours ago, frostycab said:

This is what I've got at the moment:

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
local iUFClfs=require('lfs');
dofile(iUFClfs.writedir()..'Scripts/iUFCExport.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Initially I just put the DCS ExportsScript section on the end, but in one of the creators videos he said if you have problems then try it at the top instead. Sadly that hasn't worked.

I  would personally backup the file and delete everything else other than the export script part.

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

I  would personally backup the file and delete everything else other than the export script part.

OMG! I just worked it out. For some reason I've got a "DCS World OpenBeta" folder AND and "DCS World OB" folder, and I was directing the plugin to the wrong one! The other folder must have been a leftover from a failed install or something.

Thank you for trying to help!

Edited by frostycab

I have had all kinds of problems of late with the interface, which is why I went back to the version when I got my StreamDeck XL last year. Perhaps you could try that? 

I just uninstalled the version I had, and put the old one back in. Everything now works fine for me, no need for extra actions, just works as it always use to

DCS 1.0.4 if that helps

Toni

ps. This of course is only relevant if you are not trying to use the new features that Charles is working on developing. Goes without saying, but will say it anyway, always backup, and if unsure, backup your backups

Edited by Toni Carrera
added ps section text

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

@ctytler Please can I make a request?

In a version, in the not too distant future, would you be good enough to enable us to move the separator, or just set it a little higher than it is currently, as forever having to scroll down to see the boxes you want is just time and/or extra step intensive. I am referring to the below/attached;

image.png

image.png

Thank you Charles

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

53 minutes ago, Toni Carrera said:

In a version, in the not too distant future, would you be good enough to enable us to move the separator, or just set it a little higher than it is currently, as forever having to scroll down to see the boxes you want is just time and/or extra step intensive. I am referring to the below/attached;

image.png

image.png

Thank you Charles

Toni

Since we're making requests I was wondering if I could throw one into the mix:

Is there any way of having the ID Lookup window stay open when you select a new button, rather than having it auto-close and then having to reopen it to edit another button? 

2 hours ago, frostycab said:

Is there any way of having the ID Lookup window stay open when you select a new button, rather than having it auto-close and then having to reopen it to edit another button? 

Hi Frosty,

I am not sure this is a feature request thread, I know I was cheeky in asking Charles Tytler, it was just a slight moment of frustration that urged my comment

I am not saying that I still would not like the feature though

Toni

• Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

7 hours ago, frostycab said:

OMG! I just worked it out. For some reason I've got a "DCS World OpenBeta" folder AND and "DCS World OB" folder, and I was directing the plugin to the wrong one! The other folder must have been a leftover from a failed install or something.

Thank you for trying to help!

Sweet. Enjoy! 

On 3/26/2022 at 2:25 PM, Toni Carrera said:

Unfortunately, that's part of the Streamdeck GUI and I don't have control over it from a plugin. I just have access to the space below the "Title" bar and to the right of the button image. Elgato didn't really intend for users to configure such complicated buttons within their system. So for the next version with DCS-BIOS I plan to transition to doing all configuration in a larger separate window I can open (which, annoyingly, can only be set to one size).

On 3/26/2022 at 3:19 PM, frostycab said:

There is not a way to keep it open because the way the Streamdeck software works is it intends every button to be its own unique entity. So for the ID Lookup what I do is store the last selected module and last search query and restore that each time it opens. With the new version I have been looking into an "Auto-Open" checkbox that may make this somewhat better, the window will just close and reopen in the same spot each time you select a different button. I will look into if I can add that feature to the existing DCS-ExportScript buttons if its helpful, but will likely not have time until a couple weeks from now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for responding. No matter what, it's a great tool you've created.

One thing I've never been able to get working is the DCS_BIOS button type that you added a while back. When I set the path to DCS-BIOS in the setup page and click Update it doesn't do anything and doesn't save the path. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I'm not exactly au fait with all this stuff. I just press things in different combinations until they work. 😛

I wonder if anyone can help with initial setup?

Having followed the docs I have the export script installed and running (Export.log shows for example "11:31:58:593 : File 'C:\Users\jiblet\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\JF-17.lua' loaded" when starting a mission in the JF-17

But when I try the "DCS Comms" button on a DCS-Interface button, it shows: "DCS module not detected."

The ports appear to be configured correctly in the Stream Deck plugin:

IP: 127.0.0.1
Listener: 1725
Send: 26027

And in the Config.lua for the DCS-ExportScript:

-- Ikarus a Glass Cockpit Software
ExportScript.Config.IkarusExport    = true         -- false for not use
ExportScript.Config.IkarusHost      = "127.0.0.1"  -- IP for Ikarus
ExportScript.Config.IkarusPort      = 1725         -- Port Ikarus (1625)
ExportScript.Config.IkarusSeparator = ":"

-- D.A.C. (DCS Arcaze Connector)
ExportScript.Config.DACExport        = false        -- true for use
ExportScript.Config.DAC              = {}
-- first hardware
ExportScript.Config.DAC[1]           = {}
ExportScript.Config.DAC[1].Host      = "127.0.0.1" -- IP for hardware 1
ExportScript.Config.DAC[1].SendPort  = 26026       -- Port for hardware 1
ExportScript.Config.DAC[1].Separator = ":"
-- secound to n hardware
--ExportScript.Config.DAC[2]           = {}
--ExportScript.Config.DAC[2].Host      = "127.0.0.1" -- IP for hardware 2
--ExportScript.Config.DAC[2].SendPort  = 9092        -- Port for hardware 2
--ExportScript.Config.DAC[2].Separator = ":"

-- Ikarus and D.A.C. can data send
ExportScript.Config.Listener         = true         -- false for not use
ExportScript.Config.ListenerPort     = 26027        -- Listener Port for D.A.C.

Wireshark seems to show the expected values being sent and received on the right ports.

68808    1042.283182    127.0.0.1    127.0.0.1    UDP    42    1725 → 26027 Len=10
68815    1042.343534    127.0.0.1    127.0.0.1    UDP    42    1725 → 26027 Len=10

(And Wireshark shows it failing legitimately when DCS is not running):

111622    1892.546177    127.0.0.1    127.0.0.1    UDP    42    1725 → 26027 Len=10
111623    1892.546189    127.0.0.1    127.0.0.1    ICMP    70    Destination unreachable (Port unreachable)

Any thoughts on what idiotic thing I've done wrong?

There is certainly something weird going on, my StreamDeck XL is only now randomly being able to recognize that I have DCS and the SD connected. Been fine for 8 months, and in the last couple of weeks, since upgrading and going back to the original version of the interface 1.0.4. I spent all day yesterday programming my SD for the AH-64D without a single issue, now today, I can't get it to connect at all

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

My suspicion (and it really is only that) is that it's an issue with DCS-ExportScripts.
Only because there are no versioned releases for it on Github, you just have to get the current code, so no real version control. The setup video from CT shows there used to be versioned releases, so I'm not sure what happened there. But it feels to me like there might be an issue with the current state of that script. Though I'm really not sure.

Anyone have an older, versioned copy of it?

5 hours ago, jiblet said:

My suspicion (and it really is only that) is that it's an issue with DCS-ExportScripts.
Only because there are no versioned releases for it on Github, you just have to get the current code, so no real version control. The setup video from CT shows there used to be versioned releases, so I'm not sure what happened there. But it feels to me like there might be an issue with the current state of that script. Though I'm really not sure.

Anyone have an older, versioned copy of it?

@jibletAre you referring to an older version of the StreamDeck Plugin or Export Scripts? I have versions of various dates going back to about July last year, as I am a bit OCD on keeping historic stuff 

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

The export scripts is what I meant. The stream deck plugin has various release so that’s fine. 

I’m just wondering if something in the more recent export scripts is breaking it. It’s probably something else though. I’m grasping at straws. 

Let me have a look and I will see what I have, what aircraft are we talking about, AH-64D?

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)