New StreamDeck Plugin

It's not so much the individual aircraft scripts. My problem is that the plugin can't seem to communicate with the game itself. Taht side of things seems to be handled by files within DCS-ExportScript\lib, like Tools.lua

4 hours ago, jiblet said:

The export scripts is what I meant. The stream deck plugin has various release so that’s fine. 

I’m just wondering if something in the more recent export scripts is breaking it. It’s probably something else though. I’m grasping at straws. 

I know this may sound condescending, but you are actually in a mission when you try the DCS Comms, aren't you? Silly mistake that I made when I first tried.

AND

You've got the correct path set in the ID Lookup page? Another silly mistake I made 2 days ago 😛

Edited by frostycab

Hah, no problem @frostycab - we all make daft mistakes and I'm happy to be called out on them because I'm fairly convinced that I am indeed doing something daft here.

However, it's not either of these 😞

ID Lookup path is set and returns values from the game. And yes I'm in a mission when I try th eDCS Comms button. 
The Export.log shows things like "11:31:58:593 : File 'C:\Users\jiblet\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\JF-17.lua' loaded" So it seems the DCS side of things is loading the right export script when I start the mission.

@frostycab I have this issue, uninstall from StreamDeck the DCS Interface, and reinstall it. I personally am reinstalling version 1.0.4 of StreamDeck XL interface

This resolves for me the issue where when I press a button that has already worked I get an Exclamation Mark, and the is not information for any module, and no modules even listed under 'ID Lookup'

Apologies if what I am describing is not relevant and wasting your time. I am also wondering if the latest update to the StreamDeck software itself is causing, at least it has just dawned on me that this is when my problem started

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Hi

This maybe of no relevance to your problems, but I find in order for my stream deck and DCS to communicate via the DCS Interface I have to first open the Stream Deck and DCS after initial boot of my computer. If I open the internet first then the two fail to communicate i.e. exclamation mark on the stream deck buttons. Though using system hotkey program keys are un affected. (hotkey etc.)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

Hello, 

Please, i have a problem with AH64D export. If i make new profile on my streamdeck for AH64 and i want to use ID lookup for mapping - select module - AH64D - i dont see any data for mapping. 

I attach a picture. 

I have more modules and they all work well.

can anyone advise me?

Thank you!

ah64d streamdeck problem.png

On 3/30/2022 at 10:49 AM, Mordants said:

Hi

This maybe of no relevance to your problems, but I find in order for my stream deck and DCS to communicate via the DCS Interface I have to first open the Stream Deck and DCS after initial boot of my computer. If I open the internet first then the two fail to communicate i.e. exclamation mark on the stream deck buttons. Though using system hotkey program keys are un affected. (hotkey etc.)

Are you running both DCS and the Streamdeck software in administrator mode?

Volanta. That's the cause of my problem!

After reisntalling everything (like 200GB of everything) and then slowly reinstalling plugins, it seems that if you ahve this exporet file:

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
    dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])
    dofile(lfs.writedir() .. "Scripts/DCS_Volanta.lua")
    local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

YOu get the problem I had.

If you ahve this:

dofile(lfs.writedir() .. "Scripts/DCS_Volanta.lua")
    local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

THen it works... but with over a second of lag between pushing a button on the SD and seeing a result in-game~~~~.

And if you have this:v

-- dofile(lfs.writedir() .. "Scripts/DCS_Volanta.lua")

With Volanta commented out, or indeed missing entirely then everything works fine.

FML.

I am trying to get my Apache Helios profile and the new Apache interface profile for the Apache to run together.  I thought I had solved this problem, but apparently not.  In my Scripts>export.lua file I have Helios as the first entry and the DCS  ExportScripts  as the last entry.  Separately, both work fine. But together, no joy.  I hate to have to pick one over the other.  Any thoughts?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

On 4/1/2022 at 9:00 PM, frostycab said:

Are you running both DCS and the Streamdeck software in administrator mode?

Thanks a lot that was the solution, tick admin box. Many thanks!

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

Mordants

So if I run both DCS and Streamdeck as administrator, they should work together?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

frostycab

Have you run into any adverse effects in doing so?  I was always told there could be issues running dcs in admin mode.

6 minutes ago, sobe said:

frostycab

Have you run into any adverse effects in doing so?  I was always told there could be issues running dcs in admin mode.

ps  To show you how boring my life must be, this news is very exciting.

I've never managed to attribute any issues to running it as admin. You could try running both DCS and the Streamdeck NOT in admin mode to see if that works for you too. When I finally got it working I was told that you just need to ensure that you haven't just got one of them in admin, but I haven't tested to confirm it.

1 hour ago, sobe said:

Mordants

So if I run both DCS and Streamdeck as administrator, they should work together?

Yes sir, mine does. (Didn't need to be in Admin mode though for it to work initially, if it was the stream deck and DCS that was first opened in windows at bootup)

Edited by Mordants
Additional info

frostycab   and   Mordants

First, as far as I can determine, I am currently running both streamdeck and DCS NOT in admin mode and I cannot get either to work at the same time no matter in which order i place them in the export lua file.

second, I will try later to run both of them in Admin mode and hope for the best.  Does it matter in which order Helios and streamdeck export lines appear in the Export.lua file?

13 minutes ago, sobe said:

First, as far as I can determine, I am currently running both streamdeck and DCS NOT in admin mode and I cannot get either to work at the same time no matter in which order i place them in the export lua file.

second, I will try later to run both of them in Admin mode and hope for the best.  Does it matter in which order Helios and streamdeck export lines appear in the Export.lua file?

Can't comment on Helios as I've never used it. I've got streamdeck export as the first item in my export.lua.

2 hours ago, sobe said:

Regret I don't have Helios either, Find attached my export file for what its worth.

Export.lua

Unfortunately it does not matter if you run all or any combination of DCS, Streamdeck and Helios as an Administrator or not, if you try to run both Helios and streamdeck together, neither will work.  Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to do that. 

I had tried it using the exportscript in the referenced file this morning with no luck.

With the winwing fix, what do you do? Cut and paste the lines into my existing exportscripts.lua file (after making a backup of course).  Is there a completed file with this fix already included.  I could be wrong, but I  am currently running a version dated April 2 and it seems to have it in the file already.

Edited by sobe

6 hours ago, sobe said:

I had tried it using the exportscript in the referenced file this morning with no luck.

With the winwing fix, what do you do? Cut and paste the lines into my existing exportscripts.lua file (after making a backup of course).  Is there a completed file with this fix already included.  I could be wrong, but I  am currently running a version dated April 2 and it seems to have it in the file already.

Use that second link for the full file. If you already have it then I guess my theory is bust. 

Edited by Bailey

Bailey

No joy.  Someone, a while back, suggested that it might be a port issue.  I am not sure what that means.

Hey all - most likely a stupid question, however I've been able to setup Streamdeck Profiles for the clickable cockpit. However, not everything that I'd like to get setup is clickable in the flight deck (for example, on the Apache a decent number of controls such as throttle, pilot WAS switches, IHADSS symbology select) aren't clickable, but are keybind'able. 

To get those functions working on a StreamDeck, is the only option to map the hotkey? Would be nice to do it without first needing to set up a whole bunch of keybindings (for some reason, my Apache install didn't have any default keybindings, so most things are not bound to the keyboard but directly to the stick)