New StreamDeck Plugin

I’m not very technical, so cant advise on a lot of that right now, but things like the cyclic WAS switch may become available in the same was as the current clickables later in EA. None of the cyclic switches seem to be animated yet, so when they are it wouldn’t surprise me if it started to work. 

12 hours ago, ThatSillyGinge said:

Hey all - most likely a stupid question, however I've been able to setup Streamdeck Profiles for the clickable cockpit. However, not everything that I'd like to get setup is clickable in the flight deck (for example, on the Apache a decent number of controls such as throttle, pilot WAS switches, IHADSS symbology select) aren't clickable, but are keybind'able. 

To get those functions working on a StreamDeck, is the only option to map the hotkey? Would be nice to do it without first needing to set up a whole bunch of keybindings (for some reason, my Apache install didn't have any default keybindings, so most things are not bound to the keyboard but directly to the stick)

Hotkeys are not the “only” option. You can also use joy keys (DirectX). 

13 hours ago, frostycab said:

I’m not very technical, so cant advise on a lot of that right now, but things like the cyclic WAS switch may become available in the same was as the current clickables later in EA. None of the cyclic switches seem to be animated yet, so when they are it wouldn’t surprise me if it started to work. 

They are animated, but unused. 

11 minutes ago, tea_cypher said:

Just getting into this and really like it! Is there anyway to get it to put a text output (ie harrier ufc) over 2 lines on one button?

Yes. Use /n as Enter in the text/string. 

OK so I am guessing I would need to edit

local lRep = 8 - lUFC_Left_Position:len() - lUFC_Right_Position:len()

lUFC_Display = lUFC_Left_Position..string.rep(" ", lRep)..lUFC_Right_Position

Would the /n go in the first line where the - is?

6 hours ago, tea_cypher said:

OK so I am guessing I would need to edit

Would the /n go in the first line where the - is?

I'm just going to say "no" because I can't tell what you mean, haha. Take a look at a previous example that someone has already done. You can go to to Library (in my signature), click the wiki, find an aircraft with multi-line outputs (there are many), take note of the ID number (like 3008 for example), and then go to that aircrafts lua and find "3008". You will see the syntax there. 

The format for a Newline is native to Lua so it is also Googleable. 

Edited by Bailey

8 hours ago, tea_cypher said:

Ok changed 

lUFC_Display = lUFC_Left_Position..string.rep(" ", lRep)..  lUFC_Right_Position

to

lUFC_Display = lUFC_Left_Position..string.rep(" ", lRep).. "\n".. lUFC_Right_Position

Seems to have done the job

Awesome. Glad we for that worked out over discord. 

Also can some one check the Harrier Comm Chanel out puts/ mine done seem to be working.

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2023, string.format("%s", lUFC_Chnl1)) -- string with max 2 charachters
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2024, string.format("%s", lUFC_Chnl2)) -- string with max 2 charachters

Don't know if there has been an update to the harrier that means the hook are n o longer valid as I cant find the ouputs in the DCS Comms tab

On 3/20/2022 at 4:08 AM, Bailey said:

Here y'all go. Export for the apache.  https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts/tree/master/Scripts/DCS-ExportScript/ExportsModules
You can sub/favorite the Git, my discord, or this thread for updates (https://forum.dcs.world/topic/283178-dcs-exportscripts-for-stream-deck-community-github-library/)
The export itself seems pretty much fully finished minus custom functions for SD stuff. If it were a "version", I'd likely call it 1.0. It should be good for most people to make a full stream deck profile (which I am also working on).

Hi Bailey, any update on this nice Apache profile you're cooking ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

1 hour ago, davidp57 said:

Hi Bailey, any update on this nice Apache profile you're cooking ?

Nope. Busy with other stuff. You can see most of the progress in the git. I posted all my pics, images, and lua.

Edited by Bailey

• 4 weeks later...

@ctytler, how can I escape colons? I have a time function I'd like to use but the colons seem to be interrupting the parsing done by DCS-Interface.

Hi All,

To which awesome apache profile from Bailey are you referring to?

Just curious

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

• 2 weeks later...

I have streamdeck working for multiple aircraft-F18, AH64D, Huey,A10C2 but cannot get it to work for the SU25-t.
The plug in is properly installed. When clicking 'ID Lookup' in the streamdeck application, the list of bindable controls is empty. However, clicking 'DCS Comms' and then 'refresh' shows a list of DCS IDs and the last received value.
I am in the SU25T in the first training lesson.
The export.log says:

ExportScript Version: 1.2.1
12:55:23:446 : Create UDPSender
12:55:23:446 : Create UDPListner
12:55:23:447 : File Path: C:\Users\Stefan\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\Su-25T.lua
12:55:23:449 : File 'C:\Users\Stefan\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\Su-25T.lua' loaded
12:55:23:449 : Version:
12:55:23:449 : Config: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : Maps: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : FC_AuxiliaryFunctions: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : Tools: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : Su25T: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : genericRadio: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : ExportScript: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : Detected Map: CaucasusBase
12:56:19:586 : reset fc ikarus

How do I troubleshoot this?

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

5 hours ago, skypickle said:

I have streamdeck working for multiple aircraft-F18, AH64D, Huey,A10C2 but cannot get it to work for the SU25-t.
The plug in is properly installed. When clicking 'ID Lookup' in the streamdeck application, the list of bindable controls is empty. However, clicking 'DCS Comms' and then 'refresh' shows a list of DCS IDs and the last received value.
I am in the SU25T in the first training lesson.
The export.log says:

ExportScript Version: 1.2.1
12:55:23:446 : Create UDPSender
12:55:23:446 : Create UDPListner
12:55:23:447 : File Path: C:\Users\Stefan\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\Su-25T.lua
12:55:23:449 : File 'C:\Users\Stefan\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\Su-25T.lua' loaded
12:55:23:449 : Version:
12:55:23:449 : Config: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : Maps: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : FC_AuxiliaryFunctions: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : Tools: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : Su25T: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : genericRadio: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : ExportScript: 1.2.1
12:55:23:449 : Detected Map: CaucasusBase
12:56:19:586 : reset fc ikarus

How do I troubleshoot this?

do you have the correct path listed in the top box when looking up an ID?

Yes the correct path is used. In fact, I removed all mods just the same and the su25T does not seem to register with the stream deck plug in. The export.lua file in the scripts folder includes the proper line:

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

The SU25T lua file  does exist in the proper location:

C:\Users\Me\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules

However, this comment is also present in the lua file

-----------------------------------------
-- FLAMING CLIFFS AIRCRAFT / Su-25T    --
-- FC aircraft don't support GetDevice --
-----------------------------------------

When clicking 'ID Lookup' in the streamdeck application, the list of bindable controls for the entry for 'Flaming Cliffs' in the stream deck is populated. Is the SU25T ONLY a flaming cliffs aircraft? If so, why is there an entry for the SU25T in the drop down?

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm creating a profile for the AV-8B and am trying to display the armament panel counters with spaces between the characters but don't know what function (or where) to add to the LUA file to make this possible.

I.e.

--[392] = "%.4f",    --InVT x 10 1. DRUM
    --[393] = "%.4f",    --InVT x 10 2.
    --[394] = "%.4f",    --InVT x 10 3.

digits = {}
    digits[1] = string.format("%1.0f",mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(392) * 10)
    digits[2] = string.format("%1.0f",mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(393) * 10)
    digits[3] = string.format("%1.0f",mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(394) * 10)

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2020, digits[1]..digits[2]..digits[3])

I can display 2020 but would specifically like to add 2 spaces between each digit to fit the custom icons I'm creating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, CornAddict said:

Hi all

I'm creating a profile for the AV-8B and am trying to display the armament panel counters with spaces between the characters but don't know what function (or where) to add to the LUA file to make this possible.

I.e.

I can display 2020 but would specifically like to add 2 spaces between each digit to fit the custom icons I'm creating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

digits = {}
digits[1] = string.format("%1.0f",1)
digits[2] = string.format("%1.0f",2)
digits[3] = string.format("%1.0f",3)

-- baseline
print(digits[1]..digits[2]..digits[3])

-- method 1
local twoSpaces = '  '
print(digits[1]..twoSpaces..digits[2]..twoSpaces..digits[3])

-- method 2
print(digits[1].. '  ' ..digits[2].. '  ' ..digits[3])

123 -- baseline
1  2  3 -- method 1
1  2  3 -- method 2

Edited by Bailey

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there! first sorry for my bad English! 

I made some experiments and tweaks based on previos works found in this forums and i got working on Stream Deck the A4 🙂

Its a proof of concept but the panel works. The panel is working on DCS interface:

https://github.com/enertial/streamdeck-dcs-interface (great job!!!)

And

https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts (Epic Idea!!!)

After the install of the DCS interface use the ExportScript and point to the 

Subir a foro.PNG

on the "save" folder not the game 🙂 

No need to change the folder when playing or use another panels.

In the next weeks i will update the Streamdeck profile.

Subir a foro 3.PNG

Subir a foro 2.PNG

Edited by Montykoro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1