DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

There was no dishonesty, sorry if you feel that way.

The post by Wags explained about the sales, and even mentioned it gave us some more time to deal with with super carrier tasks.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266705

thanks

It's pretty clear what Wags said, "We earlier stated that DCS: Supercarrier would be available to play in early access by Q1 2020. However, we will need to postpone the early access release to 15 April 2020 in order to complete the “Stay at Home” Sale. We do not launch large products during an ongoing sale event."And he said this almost a month ago. Yes, the next line he talks about some fixes they are doing in the mean time, but it seems like more of hashing out of fixes to typical EA stuff.

This sentence reads that the only reason for the delay was because of the SALE, not the bugs. Now this may not have been his intent, and he might have used a poor choice of words, but he/ED had almost a MONTH to correct it. Again, you guys decided to wait till the last hour to tell us it is delayed.

This is the issue that I and I think most others have. ED does a horrible job at managing communication. There are too many sources, on too many platforms. People have to jump around to get tidbits of info. I'm cool with the delay (I seriously can't stress that enough), but ED and Community Managers need to get on the same page and figure out the best way to get us, the paying customer and fans, information in a more direct and comprehensive way. Last weeks lead up to the Newsletter is a prime example of this.

There was no dishonesty, sorry if you feel that way.

The post by Wags explained about the sales, and even mentioned it gave us some more time to deal with with super carrier tasks.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266705

thanks

Thanks for the reply. It is statements like this though that caused many to think ED was trying to blame the original delay on a sale.. whether that was the intent or not:

“Dear valued clients, We earlier stated that DCS: Supercarrier would be available to play in early access by Q1 2020. However, we will need to postpone the early access release to 15 April 2020 in order to complete the “Stay at Home” Sale. We do not launch large products during an ongoing sale event.“

Yes later in the message other issues are mentioned, but this still seems a bit misleading to me and I am sure I am not the only one..

I wonder about they don´t make SC available for singleplayer use.

I think we are a bunch of people who selvdom, or never use multiplayer anyway.

As far as I know, Multiplayer is very buggy in it´s own and has been so for years.

So it´s hard for me to see what a month of developement of SC for multiplayer should bring.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Thank you for your comment... Sadly, Vulkan cannot be programmed by developers who are in charge of avionics and especially 3D modelers and even terrain designers. I wish they could. I just cannot allocate everyone to integrate Vulkan.

I wouldnt try to disagree with you on this.

I have a Question regarding Vulkan. As far as im aware this means a massive Change which (hopefully) leads to Performance Improvements. I heard that the Team behind X-Plane also did that switch and they took the Chance to refactor large parts of the Software which also leads to better performance, at least in their case. I know that just because it works in that case doesnt mean the same improvement in DCS just because its Vulkan.

So here is the Question: Do you also Plan to use this as a Chance for a Refactoring?

Im thinking about stuff like lay the Groundwork for Multithreading Support for example.

I wanted to stay out of this hole "release date" thing but...

I can remember asking for exactly that kind of transperancy in a different threat (guess it was something about the AH-1 or what ever) and basically got godsmacked for pointing out how important proper communication is.

So I'm very happy to see that this is now taking place. Thank a lot for that, Kate.

Beeing a VR User myself, I can not understand the complaints about it beeing "unplayable", simply because I use it everyday and it works fine. Not on the highest details, but far from beeing unplayable. Anyway - I have to say that i second the wish for a bigger and faster focus on multithreading and and vulcan, since, well - It would be nicer to max out the amazing details you can already find at the moment.

The other thing is however - the way some People are talking in here is just unacceptable. While i can understand that it is annoying to deal with release dates constantly beeing pushed further and further into the future. What I can not understand is the fact that no matter what ED does, people are bitching about it. Release it early and with a few Bugs - People get annoyed because it's not working properly. Change the release date and people bitch about ED not sticking to the called out dates. Thats ridiciules.

Calling the people at ED incompetend and what have you... Those guys have created something that brings a lot of joy into our lifes and maybe, but only maybe - until you have created something like that - you should shut up. Because honestly it takes a lot of blood, Sweat and Tears to do something like DCS and if you think you can do better - Please, go ahead. Oh - And if you are just annoyed by everything - Hit uninstall. :-)

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

Thanks for the update!

I appreciate the update,even if I'm not always happy with everything I see. The roadmap updates provide a level of transparency which we didn't have before. Please carry on!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team
I appreciate the update,even if I'm not always happy with everything I see. The roadmap updates provide a level of transparency which we didn't have before. Please carry on!

Thank you for your support and patience.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I completely understand where the disappointed comments are coming from, especially in the current situation full of tension, but I sure wouldn't want be in ED's shoes:

- Timelines not published - "We want transparent comms and an estimated timeline!"

- Estimated timelines published and missed - "You promised to deliver today, where is the module I paid for?!"

- Product released anyway despite the remaining bugs in order not to miss deadlines - "Early access is not an excuse to release products that don't work! This is unacceptable!"

So...what exactly is it that people want? What other options are left for ED in order to avoid being burned at the stake? :huh:

Dear Kate,

1) Is a public bug tracking system so users can view acknowledged/reported bugs, add bugs still in the pipeline? The forums are a nightmare for bug reports.

2) When your Flight Modeling Engineer has time, please correct the Negative Static Roll Stability of the F/A-18C in Powered Approach Mode. Should be Neutral Static Roll Stability.

To everyone at ED and their families, stay safe and healthy during these crazy times.

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

I wanted to stay out of this hole "release date" thing but...

I can remember asking for exactly that kind of transperancy in a different threat (guess it was something about the AH-1 or what ever) and basically got godsmacked for pointing out how important proper communication is.

So I'm very happy to see that this is now taking place. Thank a lot for that, Kate.

Beeing a VR User myself, I can not understand the complaints about it beeing "unplayable", simply because I use it everyday and it works fine. Not on the highest details, but far from beeing unplayable. Anyway - I have to say that i second the wish for a bigger and faster focus on multithreading and and vulcan, since, well - It would be nicer to max out the amazing details you can already find at the moment.

The other thing is however - the way some People are talking in here is just unacceptable. While i can understand that it is annoying to deal with release dates constantly beeing pushed further and further into the future. What I can not understand is the fact that no matter what ED does, people are bitching about it. Release it early and with a few Bugs - People get annoyed because it's not working properly. Change the release date and people bitch about ED not sticking to the called out dates. Thats ridiciules.

Calling the people at ED incompetend and what have you... Those guys have created something that brings a lot of joy into our lifes and maybe, but only maybe - until you have created something like that - you should shut up. Because honestly it takes a lot of blood, Sweat and Tears to do something like DCS and if you think you can do better - Please, go ahead. Oh - And if you are just annoyed by everything - Hit uninstall. :-)

Jesus, take a look at your PC specs and you don't even run the game with settings at HIGH... You have to be more objective dude, if YOUR PC can't run DCS in high, than who can ?

DCS World roadmap update

Thank you for the update. I do appreciate the development of DCS World and the goals that have been made. However, I do fear that ED has gotten into an issue of ‘biting more than it can chew’. With so much that needs to be fixed/updated with the core of the simulation, five EA modules that need to be developed, would this be the time for ED to pump the brakes for new items? I think core updates should be more of a priority since it affects everyone than getting more aircraft modules. ATC, weather, physics, performance, stability, weapons fixes. In a flight sim, they are all very important regardless of MP or SP. I’ve been with DCS since 2010, for the life of me still don’t understand why these items have been low priority for 10 years. I feel like ED has put themselves into a pinch and all we can do is watch with a cringe.

Don’t get me wrong and other people who are upset. No one here wants ED to fail. No one wishes bad fortune for ED. We are a community with a great passion for flight and think, no ‘wants’ ED to lead the way forward. To set the example. I wish ED the best but please stop the car wreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• ED Team
Not really care that much about SC but do we still have update today?

Planned for the 16th

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I completely understand where the disappointed comments are coming from, especially in the current situation full of tension, but I sure wouldn't want be in ED's shoes:

- Timelines not published - "We want transparent comms and an estimated timeline!"

- Estimated timelines published and missed - "You promised to deliver today, where is the module I paid for?!"

- Product released anyway despite the remaining bugs in order not to miss deadlines - "Early access is not an excuse to release products that don't work! This is unacceptable!"

So...what exactly is it that people want? What other options are left for ED in order to avoid being burned at the stake? :huh:

If the community set unrealistic dates then complained about either a) the date being missed, or b) a buggy mess being released, then you would have a point.

However it's ED who sets the dates. If they don't manage to release a largely functional product on the date advertised, then it's not unreasonable to expect people to criticise.

I'm ok with the delay. I'm an MP guy so obviously its good lol. I have few questions and wishes for you Kate :

1. Are we gonna get ATFLIR or not? (no mentioned on your first post)

2. What about Sniper pod for Viper? Can you confirm we're gonna get that ? (or no?)

3. Please review bug threads that got reported tag but not get fixed (some of them reported 2 years ago).

4. When we're gonna get more skins for the Viper. Its certainly not realistic flying Israeli Viper for example but with USAF skin.

5. Please put more attentions on Russian fighter. For example Su-27 has natively fighter to fighter DL working in SP but not in MP. Please implement that DL capability in MP also.

Thank you

Good luck Kate.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

God knows what they want. What I would like is for everyone just to take a little step back and chill. It is in the grand scheme of computer game/simulation things a small delay of a couple of weeks or so. Big deal. Do something else with your lives. It's not as if we don't all for the most part have a little extra time on our hands. Fly the Hornet and improve your skills so you don't look like a total ass like me when the SC module is released. And before you know it the SC will be released. And for the record I am content with the attempts by ED to be as transparent in its communication to it's customers as is humanly and commercially possible. Is it perfect? Probably not but what is in life.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Jesus, take a look at your PC specs and you don't even run the game with settings at HIGH... You have to be more objective dude, if YOUR PC can't run DCS in high, than who can ?

You may have misunderstood what i wanted to say - I can not run the game on the highest settings in VR. If I do, i get like 2,7 FPS. And i have tried a lot to make it possible, even buying two 2070 Super in NVLink for testing - i even wrote a review about NVLink in the german section.. It is simply impossible to run it at the highest Setting in VR. That's why i said i second the wish for multithreading and the vulcan implementation. :pilotfly:

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

I don't have a problem with SC being delayed.

I am not sure though why did the team wait for the April 15th, the planned release date, to announce the delay? Epecially, as noted in the OP, when the team was aware of the "no go" issues on April 11th?

I believe the delay should have been announced at least few days (or at least a day) earlier, not at the very day we were expecting the module to be released in early access.

The way you handled the timing of the announcement, you sure, unneccessarily, if I may add, dissapointed a lot of people (though I know this was certainly not your intention).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

+1

49% of the people will complain if you do something, the other 49% will complain if you do the opposite. 2%... well, they just like to complain.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Good on you Kate. I'll take a delay over a game breaking bug any day.

Here is a suggestion, because I'm sure this will come up. Test the update on a system that is equal to or close to the Recommended Specs for VR. And use the VR Preset graphics. If it works fine in those settings. Then that can be set as a benchmark. Anyone who complains of having issues in VR performance can use that to gauge which settings they should adjust or if their machine even meets the recomemnded specs. That should curve the number of complaints about performance issues since we would have a benchmark to compare to.

Thank you ED team for continuing to work through these trying times. Stay safe and healthy.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Yeah, look at how much performance VR needs and why the majority of VR-Games usually opt for comic book graphics, confined spaces. See why the upcoming mother of all "Flight Simulators" built from scratch, does not incorporate VR in release... maybe some people need to check their expectations when venturing into unknown territories?

The current state of the art tech allows for either the immersion of Virtual Reality ( "I am inside this Cockpit" ) OR the 4K full blown stunning realistic graphics on a 2D Screen. With the render distances and object details we have in DCS on the current graphics engine you can't have both.

When you read through the roadmap, you notice, the plan to further optimize for VR and to replace/update the core graphics engine. But this will not happen overnight, and I am sure, there will always be a difference in performance between 2D and VR for a veeeery long time. So you need to adapt, or keep complaining. Only, complaining won't change anything...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks for update... quite long waits.

...quietly firing up the new A320...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

some users don't know what they want and won't stop until they get it.

That's the only thing I can think of after reading this.