DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

... I am sure, there will always be a difference in performance between 2D and VR for a veeeery long time. So you need to adapt, or keep complaining. Only, complaining won't change anything...

CV1 with "medium" graphic settings and having "constant" ASW'd 45 frames on my pimped computer ... hm ... is not the worst thing on earth, really, I can tell you ... :)

I like the ground radar upcoming very soon, what a nice surprise to me!

Thanks Kate for your post!

Stay healthy and keep up the work on our beloved modules!

Best wishes to the team and kind regards,

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I didn't even sleep tonight for how excited i was about the release of SC, and now this, i'm gonna kill myself out of the door now...

Who cares about MP i never play MP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Hi Kate - Thanks much for the communication, and the commitments to making this awesome product even better. I certainly appreciate the teams efforts and being able to fly the aircraft I love whenever I want.

You covered much of what I was interested in, but the other big thing I'd like to know is are there other maps in significant development in addition to the Mariana Islands, and if so, would those be available this year sometime? I love flying, and would like to add more diversity to the mission building, and locations I fly.

Thank you again!

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Umland, I understand where you're coming from, but it's likely that MS 2020 will likely draw potential sales/users to it. ED is a profit company after all and choosing whether to improve the core of the game or spend lots of time on modules is a decision I'm sure they will weigh up (could they focus on less, faster). I'm not saying rush by Christmas 20/Mar 21..etc or FS2020 steals the show, I'm saying new software (using better architecture) is coming and ED will as a company, have to ensure they stay ahead of the game through innovation. It's what they prioritise that will matter. They have a great following and own the mil flight sim realism market right now. We, as users are just voicing our opinions, it's up to ED what it takes on board.

Just my opinion!

Kate, thank you for your reply, sounds promising!

Jack

YES EXACTLY !

You made my day :thumbup:

but again i cannot understand while ED is too slow to fix old stuffs , why they wanna introduce new buggy EA modules ! or for example empty map without Asset like Persian Gulf (unbalance for multiplayer and full of bugs and cannot make mission by real history events )

please make your product RICH and with less bug ! we dont care about MAC ! we care about flawless DCS :thumbup:

And yeah yeah we know already..! all we know how programming and developing and being a designer is so very hard and effortful job and i am so thankful and respectful and grateful for.

love you ED team and wishes the best !

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

I completely understand where the disappointed comments are coming from, especially in the current situation full of tension, but I sure wouldn't want be in ED's shoes:

- Timelines not published - "We want transparent comms and an estimated timeline!"

- Estimated timelines published and missed - "You promised to deliver today, where is the module I paid for?!"

- Product released anyway despite the remaining bugs in order not to miss deadlines - "Early access is not an excuse to release products that don't work! This is unacceptable!"

So...what exactly is it that people want? What other options are left for ED in order to avoid being burned at the stake? :huh:

I personally just want timelines reasonably met with a product in a decent EA state.

Now, "reasonable" and "decent" are subjective and so there will always be people complaining.

I also don't want the developers, nor the community managers to feel even more under pressure than they already probably are.

On the other hand, it seems quite amiss that a company misses two estimated timelines with confusing communication and the people who were understandably excited are attacked because they express their frustration and someone also opens a thread to thank the company for the hard work.

So the SC is not ready today and life goes on anyway, but surely we have the right to feel disappointed and to give the relative negative feedback; sorry for ED if they will feel bad about it but this is life.

personal message to ED: you have created an amazing simulator which have given me a lot of fun, but this time, frankly, you have failed; I feel sincerly sorry to tell you this but I feel compelled to do so. Everybody fails sometimes, including me and every person who has written something on this thread.

This time you surely won't get my compliments; you will probably get them when the module will be released.

Surely I encourage you to go on and continue developing the SC and DCS in general.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

some users don't know what they want and won't stop until they get it.

That's the only thing I can think of after reading this.

They want the product they paid for on the date they were told they would get it. Are some people over reacting? Sure. But you don't have to agree, just understand that some people aren't going to appreciate being let down and told at the last minute. Some understanding please.

It's pretty clear what Wags said, "We earlier stated that DCS: Supercarrier would be available to play in early access by Q1 2020. However, we will need to postpone the early access release to 15 April 2020 in order to complete the “Stay at Home” Sale. We do not launch large products during an ongoing sale event."And he said this almost a month ago. Yes, the next line he talks about some fixes they are doing in the mean time, but it seems like more of hashing out of fixes to typical EA stuff.

This sentence reads that the only reason for the delay was because of the SALE, not the bugs. Now this may not have been his intent, and he might have used a poor choice of words, but he/ED had almost a MONTH to correct it. Again, you guys decided to wait till the last hour to tell us it is delayed.

This is the issue that I and I think most others have. ED does a horrible job at managing communication. There are too many sources, on too many platforms. People have to jump around to get tidbits of info. I'm cool with the delay (I seriously can't stress that enough), but ED and Community Managers need to get on the same page and figure out the best way to get us, the paying customer and fans, information in a more direct and comprehensive way. Last weeks lead up to the Newsletter is a prime example of this.

+1

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• ED Team
I think the right approach is being taken by delaying but aiming for a better quality release.

I didn't see any mention of the new General Flight model (GFM) for AI aircraft in the roadmap. I am eagerly awaiting this as it will bring much more realism to air combat. Can you comment on the GFM please, Kate? Has it been pushed back?

The developer is allocated and we are progressing every day. As soon as we will be able to show something we'll do.

Disappointed that the Super Carrier has been delayed, but I appreciate you guys taking the time to try to resolve the issues beforehand, this will just give me more time to build some awesome Alpha Strike missions.

Very excited to see the Hornet leave early access this year, and particularly for AG Radar this month!

Stay safe everyone!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Seriously?...:doh:

I would answer this question but i'm dead already :lol::lol::megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Thanks for the info, Kate :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• ED Team
I can understand and accept delays. I cannot accept dishonesty. When it was said by ED staff (that I won’t name) that the reason the super carrier was originally being delayed in March was “due to an ongoing sale” it was downright dishonest. Effectively the customer was blamed for the delay then. This is unacceptable to me and causes lost trust. I like the information provided in this update and again am ok with the delay. Thank you for the news.

I would consider adjusting the way self-imposed public timelines are disseminated and continue to work on improved communication if possible. An example being how the forums were told by ED staff that there would be an announcement yesterday and even that missed its deadline!

It wasn't a lie. Together with that statement, the list of bugs was posted. And we thought that we will use this period to improve the software. We didn't experience the multiplayer issues that we have right now. The situation changed and you might see it as lie and feel upset about it. I'm really sorry to disappoint you.

I hope to be able to return your trust with our other products and with the improvement of our processes.

We didn't expect that 2.5.6 performance issues will rise so dramatically and we o not want to update Stable release with this unstable version. 2.5.6 was released in the middle of February and potentially it may take some additional time to complete.

2.5.5 = 60%

2.5.6 = 35%

1.2 and 1.5 = 5%

Thank you for sharing those numbers.

Would you care to share numbers for MP vs SP for both OB and stable?

Cheers

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Dear Kate

First of all thanks a lot for your roadmap and open communication. This is what I really appreciate and hope we get such a roadmap more often (maybe quarterly?). I don‘t care if we get a feature or module on day 15 or 29 of month X, it‘s just enough to know if we can await it in the next six months (short term) or 9 months or you still haven‘t started with it.

Yes of course I am also bit disappointed but I understand that such a complex task like a SC module takes it time to get finished. I rather prefer getting a module with less bugs than you push it forward and release it with several bugs.

Please take all care and wish you lot of health :thumbup:

We plan to have the update tomorrow, April 16.

Hi Kate, can we have some detail about fps improvements? I would like to know if, at least, we will recover the same performance we have in 2.5.5. Or if you have find the root problem of the huge perfomance reduction in OB regarding stable.

Thanks

I did not see Huey multicrew on the list????hope it is stillin the works

Then look again. It's there:

Modules:

• [ April 2020 ] WWII Asset Pack update
  • [ April-May 2020 ] Supercarrier EA
  • [ May 2020 ] Huey Multi-crew
  • [ Q2 2020 ] P-47D Thunderbolt EA
  • [ Q2-3 2020 ] The Channel EA
  • [ Mid Term ] Mariana Islands
  • [ Dec 2020 ] F/A-18C Hornet out of EA
  • [ Mid to Long Term ] F-16C Viper
  • [ Mid Term ] Modern Air Combat
  • [ Mid Term ] A-10C Warthog II
  • [ Mid Term ] Mi-24P Hind

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I did not see Huey multicrew on the list????hope it is stillin the works

Enhanced Asset Pack, Supercarrier and helicopter Multi-crew now have deadlines. (Sniped)

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

Yeah, look at how much performance VR needs and why the majority of VR-Games usually opt for comic book graphics, confined spaces. See why the upcoming mother of all "Flight Simulators" built from scratch, does not incorporate VR in release... maybe some people need to check their expectations when venturing into unknown territories?

The current state of the art tech allows for either the immersion of Virtual Reality ( "I am inside this Cockpit" ) OR the 4K full blown stunning realistic graphics on a 2D Screen. With the render distances and object details we have in DCS on the current graphics engine you can't have both.

When you read through the roadmap, you notice, the plan to further optimize for VR and to replace/update the core graphics engine. But this will not happen overnight, and I am sure, there will always be a difference in performance between 2D and VR for a veeeery long time. So you need to adapt, or keep complaining. Only, complaining won't change anything...

This argument falls apart when there is another combat flight sim with MUCH better VR performance. Also, MSFS didn't have VR at the outset because the developers seemed to have no clue how important it is to simmers. They looked at VR adoption rates, and extrapolated, which was wrong! The evidence for this is when they were first asked about it, one of the devs laughed and said "maybe later". Then after the chorus of "No VR, no buy" it suddenly became a priority. So it wasn't for technical reasons, but because they had underestimated the demand.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV