DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

Thanks for the update Kate. Rather a smooth release than a bugged one. Please revisit the Hornets TGP undesignate and reset position behavior. There’s no way that undesignating a target should basically snowplo the cursor back to center. Especially when things such as the MAV Fs won’t lock a target until the TGP is undesignated. Thank you ma’am.

Dear Community, dear Friends,

Our general roadmap hasn’t changed substantially since February 20th:

• A-10C II moved to active phase of development.

Current projects in active development phase:

Modules:

• [ Mid Term ] A-10C Warthog II

Mid Term - we have a firm list of tasks and we trust that it might be delivered in less than 9 months.

Yours truly,

Kate Perederko

Chief Operating Officer

Eagle Dynamics

Kate, happy to assist as needed (and within export controls) with the A-10C 2. If you haven't seen I've already provided some feedback on what we have real world vs what's in DCS currently.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260353

There’s no way...

Thanks for the update Kate. Rather a smooth release than a bugged one. Please revisit the Hornets TGP undesignate and reset position behavior. There’s no way that undesignating a target should basically snowplo the cursor back to center. Especially when things such as the MAV Fs won’t lock a target until the TGP is undesignated. Thank you ma’am.

Great to see an expert in the technical discussion!

DCS is data-driven, if you have got data to support your view, send it to developers, and they will certainly review it.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I guess that a lot of people are disappointed by the delay on some modules but I'm happy to see that the Mi-24P is in active development and that we can still hope for a release by the end of the year...:D:D

Many thanks for this update! :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So you're telling me that the Hornet is going to be complete by the end of this year but the FLIR is not. Which tells me that the ATFLIR will not be ready since you are waiting on the FLIR engine. So how exactly is the Hornet complete by December?

In that case is there any new Release date?

Why the anxiety, did you see a hard date stated on the CEO post? .. I prefer to just be surprised, when one day the new Module appears .. plenty to do with the other Modules of DCS in the meantime :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

No date yet, only this

[ April-May 2020 ] Supercarrier EA

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

I completely understand where the disappointed comments are coming from, especially in the current situation full of tension, but I sure wouldn't want be in ED's shoes:

- Timelines not published - "We want transparent comms and an estimated timeline!"

- Estimated timelines published and missed - "You promised to deliver today, where is the module I paid for?!"

- Product released anyway despite the remaining bugs in order not to miss deadlines - "Early access is not an excuse to release products that don't work! This is unacceptable!"

So...what exactly is it that people want? What other options are left for ED in order to avoid being burned at the stake? :huh:

I keep seeing permutations of this post everywhere - why are these the only three options?

Surely ED publishing accurate timelines is an option? How about publishing semi-accurate timelines and letting people know before release day if they won't make release? How about said information isn't four vacuous lines that amount to "It's not done yet" followed by "...but look at the shiny distraction!"?

The Super Carrier not dropping today is miles from the end of the world but giving ED a blanket pass because there is this impression that, in software, releasing a product on time and releasing a product without bugs are mutually exclusive isn't constructive either.

I don't want them burned at the stake but I'm not in a rush to pat them on the back and tell a group of disappointed people that it's not ED's fault, it is their expectations that were wrong.

Sorry, I've dog piled on you a bit there. My post is more a general commentary than a direct response.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

+1

49% of the people will complain if you do something, the other 49% will complain if you do the opposite. 2%... well, they just like to complain.

Have you read this thread? It's way more than half.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

We all pay for a finished Product and if it says Releasedate April 15th 2020 then You can expect that our Developer doesn't have to apologize for Bugs that postpone the Release. And to discuss this Topic publicly on April 15, 2020 is a Gamebreaker.

Otherwise, Thanks for all Your hard Work and Thanks for the Transparency, ED Team.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greetings,

Nightowls_Coffee

• ED Team
I wouldnt try to disagree with you on this.

I have a Question regarding Vulkan. As far as im aware this means a massive Change which (hopefully) leads to Performance Improvements. I heard that the Team behind X-Plane also did that switch and they took the Chance to refactor large parts of the Software which also leads to better performance, at least in their case. I know that just because it works in that case doesnt mean the same improvement in DCS just because its Vulkan.

So here is the Question: Do you also Plan to use this as a Chance for a Refactoring?

Im thinking about stuff like lay the Groundwork for Multithreading Support for example.

We took this Chance as well. That's why it takes a long time to integrate and deliver.

And Vulkan will not work for us as a lifesaver. It's an opportunity for us to refactor our codebase.

We think that Multi-threading will give us the option to increase performance by refactoring our code.

We took this Chance as well. That's why it takes a long time to integrate and deliver.

And Vulkan will not work for us as a lifesaver. It's an opportunity for us to refactor our codebase.

We think that Multi-threading will give us the option to increase performance by refactoring our code.

That's nice! As real pilot, one big thing I always pray for improvement is the circumference os the world in the maps instead of the flat ground.

Any plans for change this in a future?

Thanks for the updates and take attention with the customers!

• ED Team
Dear Kate,

1) Is a public bug tracking system so users can view acknowledged/reported bugs, add bugs still in the pipeline? The forums are a nightmare for bug reports.

2) When your Flight Modeling Engineer has time, please correct the Negative Static Roll Stability of the F/A-18C in Powered Approach Mode. Should be Neutral Static Roll Stability.

To everyone at ED and their families, stay safe and healthy during these crazy times.

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Dear Monnie,

Thank you for your remarks and question.

1) Yes, we will have a public bug tracking system.

We use Jira. I looked through the possibility to have it public. Well, bad luck. They provide Service Desk which is a bit different service, it's more for tech support we have on our website.

I need to create an environment where the community can post, search, comment and vote. And on the other hand, it should be an automated solution to transfer those bugs to the development team with a private tracking system without public access.

And be able automatically (okay through even and scripting) update from devs system to public system.

There is a possibility with Jira Service Desk and Confluence to create a knowledge base, but again it's not a public => private => public bug tracking solution.

Still looking for solutions and open for suggestions.

2) Written down, we'll take care.