DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

However, i can't help but to point out what strikes my eye in the otherwise well written, and very well received, announcement:

The plan is to have the Hornet being out of EA end of December, with the new FLIR engine being labeled [long term], which as far as i understood means minimum 9months+.

When the LITENING pod was released, it was said that the ATFLIR needs the new render engine in order to be implemented.

Now i read "Hornet out of EA in Dec" & "new FLIR engine some unknown time after that" - Without wanting to speculate, what does that mean for the ATFLIR? Is this still on scope as well? It should be, considering the fact the our Hornet is a very specific version, US Navy Lot 20.

Either way i would love to have some light shed on this matter.

There's absolutely no point in making the ATFLIR available before the new FLIR rendering tech is complete, you guys want complete things not half-bakes right, something has to give, and I'm happy to take DELAYS DELAYS DELAYS first over anything else :P

Seems like you found a bug in the progress report, let's see what's going on, release except ATFLIR.

Bah I don't mind if it stays in EA longer just because of the ATFLIR.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

well since 2.5.6 i cant play anymore frames in vr are just tht bad

There was an option in the latest patch for increasing water reflections. I would have to see what it was called in the options. If you disabled this you will almost certainly gain all your FPS back. Same with me. PIMAX 4K ran outstanding before the patch. I read about disabling this option in VR and it fixed everything immediately. Back up to 80/90 FPS. A lot of people did not know this option got snuck in there and is automatically enabled upon the patch

That income is supposed to go towards finishing modules, not starting development of new ones. Case in point, they pulled development from the F-18 to boot the F-16 out the door, and it wasn't even in an 'ok' state.

Things would not come grinding to a halt. Things would actually improve, instead of continuing this ponzi like structure they have going on now.

And I stand by my original question. The A-10C released pretty darn complete. Why couldn't modules like the F-18 and F-16 have been released the same way?

I guess that's because the A-10C was already mostly done and paid for, by the ANG, as it was a by-product of a commercial job for the military.

When it released into Beta it wasn't really complete, just more features integrated, that still needed polishing and IIRC it had its hickups with JTAC, flight model tweaks and Air-Refueling plus a couple minor things...

So, if you can find a commercial customer who will pay for a F/A-18C or F-16CJ Training Simulator based on Eagle Dynamics product line willing to finance the development, I am sure they won't pass. Until then, we need to live with the necessary business decisions...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

COuld ED share same data for the Stable Version vs Open Beta version split

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4287694&postcount=115

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Seems like too many active projects and not enough in the back log. Perhaps fewer active projects would result in more deliverables...? (and cash!)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

Don't by EA if it upsets you so much. I buy them understanding how it works and don't cry about it afterwards.

+1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Good communication and hard work from ED. Worth the wait for the SC.

I have no complaints about anything.

Especially excited about the F16 improvements with a dedicated developer.

CZ and the Maverick will be amazing.

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

Many thanks for that! I'd been looking for the figures for a while. Much appreciated!

If TWICE as many are on stable as on Open Beta - you'd think they wouldn't give up on it like they have huh!

No problem! We're all in this together.

That said, no, stable is alive and kicking well. I'm quite sure.

I believe some querks happened. I haven't been on stable since pre Christmas due to Viper. After 2.5.6xx I also "lost" FPS, but reading through forums I decided to revert my Nvidia drivers to 442.50 and reset everything regarding Nvidia setup. In my M2KC (which I aquired in the sales) doing the same training missions, my FPS went from 40 to +100ish. That's close to a 200% increase, so IMHO not all is ED to blame. And one should give'em credit not to just blame Nvidia, which would've been an easy move. It depended off course where I was flyvning, NTDR, Vegas slowed down, but I didn't change anything in DCS as I was actually testing. Tomorrow's patch might be revealing. That said. I'm running on 7 years old Titans, and in other threads it might seem that only older cards benefit from reverting.

So, to sum it up. IMHO, I think that ED has made correct decision to not push 2.5.6xx to stable. If tomorrows update reveals more insight, I'm sure stable will see and update next week.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Guys, I must say I'm really disappointed.

Dis! A! Pointed!

The shitstorm when the A-10C just didn't go out of Beta to full release was waaaay better than this lousy little episode of whining and crying.

I'm still waiting for all the expert know-it-alls predicting ED's demise within the next 2 to 156 weeks, or how ED's executive branch was robbing our hard earned cash to retire in a nice Bermuda asylum, or some such.

Come on fellas. You can do better than this! Get more creative!

And then another 10 years from now, we'll come back to this moment in time and have a good laugh at all the newcomers who're presented with one of the most fantastic flight simulations of their lifetime, complaining about a slight delay while voicing crazy and contradictory expectations.

Yeah, 10 years from now people will understand that creating cutting edge technology which hardly anyone else -- if anyone at all -- has done before with this level of detail, accuracy and technology, will invariably come with a few delays and setbacks, and then they will treat the devs nicely and maturely. I'm sure of it...

"Clouds. This task is planned to be started again in May 2020."

I wonder what exactly this means?, As far as I know, new clouds were supposed to be released by december 2019, which were supposed to be released years ago so this is a really expected feature that has been systematically postponed once and again, and again. Sincerely I dont understand how are you expecting me to believe that next time will be the good one...I understand things can go wrong and shit happens but c'mon!!! I remember a video showing the navada map with the "new" clouds many years ago yet they never were released....a lot of years later we were supposed to get new clouds, again, but you made little improvements in the old ones as a "temporary" fix in the meantime while new clouds were being developed...finally we were going to have new clouds by the end of 2019 (preview picture included), never happened!...after that the clouds were coming "soon" this year and now they are under "passive development" and will be started again in may 2020???:doh:...I think that flying constantly in a empty sky with zero weather interaction is extremely dissaponting for a flight sim where we spend most of the time in the air so I consider clouds AND weather a key feature really missing since always. Of course there are other important features, but the clouds are a particulary "glaring" missing one, especilly due to the incredible amount of time and times it has been cancelled/postponed/delayed/whatever...now we have to wait indefinitely for them??:noexpression:

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

I am in favor of releasing the Super Carrier for the Single Player since everything works "perfectly" there.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I really appreciate the new direction ED has taken with those two messages from Kate. Thanks for your honesty and for giving us a glimpse into what is to come. Don't be too distraught about all the fuss people make. If the Supercarrier had been released with critical bugs, there would have been complaints anyway (especially since a lot of people use the Beta as a stable version).

@watermanpc: Kate talked about that in her reddit post. Clouds have proven difficult, and they had to start over several times because it just didn't work (or was too much of a fps hit, maybe). It is clearly something they really want to improve but are struggling with. I wish them to succeed, as I have always been very eager in clouds and weather improvements.

Thanks Kate and all the ED staff.

I'm disappointed but that's expected as I was hoping to use the Super Carrier the day after my 48th birthday. But not to worry I previously worked at BISIM so understand the frustration you all must feel with these bugs being found so late in the build cycle. Waiting, not so patiently for more positive news :thumbup:

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Clouds. This task is planned to be started again in May 2020."

I wonder what exactly this means?, As far as I know, new clouds were supposed to be released by december 2019, which were supposed to be released years ago so this is a really expected feature that has been systematically postponed once and again, and again. Sincerely I dont understand how are you expecting me to believe that next time will be the good one...I understand things can go wrong and shit happens but c'mon!!! I remember a video showing the navada map with the "new" clouds many years ago yet they never were released....a lot of years later we were supposed to get new clouds, again, but you made little improvements in the old ones as a "temporary" fix in the meantime while new clouds were being developed...finally we were going to have new clouds by the end of 2019 (preview picture included), never happened!...after that the clouds were coming "soon" this year and now they are under "passive development" and will be started again in may 2020???:doh:...I think that flying constantly in a empty sky with zero weather interaction is extremely dissaponting for a flight sim where we spend most of the time in the air so I consider clouds AND weather a key feature really missing since always. Of course there are other important features, but the clouds are a particulary "glaring" missing one, especilly due to the incredible amount of time and times it has been cancelled/postponed/delayed/whatever...now we have to wait indefinitely for them??:noexpression:

Last time Kate posted on Hoggit she said they attempted clouds twice and failed twice. So it's not that it's just arbitrarily postponed (sounds like what you think they did) but they've been trying.

||i5-9600k||MSI GTX1070Ti Duke||16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V||Gigabyte Aorus B360||X56||

As an air traffic controller myself, I'd be interested in what's being considered for that. I also have some training as a Combat Airspace Manager for an Air Operations Center. There's a way that aircraft go from the airbase to the fight and back...;)

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I really appreciate the new info.Im a bit unnerved that " full ground radar " is in the passive development area. when F16 and F/A 18 both need it :( Im hoping this means it will be filled out as we go in their development. These planes though cannot be called complete until ground radar is actually complete.