DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please correct me if I am wrong but there is no alternate combat simulator which is at par with DCS World. A lot of us quench our thirst of combat flying through DCS World.

Suppose if DCS was currently in infant stage, even then many if us would have played it.

However, luckily, as of today, DCS has developed into quite an advance simulator. So we should ignore what we dont have and enjoy what we do have.

As regards complaints, they never end. Even if you bring stars from sky for someone, he/she will still complaint that you brought less.

Happy flying.

Sanity finally arrives...Amen!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

+1

I´m kind of forced to use SRS and I don´t like it.

Please speed up the dev off you in game voice program

My two cents on the whole DCS voice vs SRS debate are that very few online players will use DCS voice until it approaches the basic functionality of SRS anyway. Many online servers disable DCS voice because its not and it causes additional problems.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Kate,

In an effort to assist customers (particularly new ones) could I suggest that a comprehensive list of features (complete and in development) for each module appear on their respective product page on your website, along with their development status? I present an example below. It would be informative, and provide an obvious place to look for information, instead of trawling through the forums. If (very rough) time scales could also be included, all the better.

Thanks for continuing to read through this thread.

Sensors:

• A/A radar with RWS, STT, and ACM modes (complete)

Weapons:

• Mk-82 series (complete)
  • Mk-83 series (complete)
  • Mk-84 series (complete)
  • CBU-99 and Mk-20 Cluster Bombs (complete)
  • BDU-33 Training Bomb (complete)
  • BDU-45 Training Bomb (complete)
  • 2.75 inch rockets (complete)
  • 5 inch rockets (complete)
  • 20mm cannon (complete)
  • AIM-9L/M and CATM Sidewinder (complete)
  • AIM-7F/M Sparrow (complete)

Following the early access release, we plan to include many more sensors, weapons, and decoys for the final product. Please note that this list is also subject to change:

Sensors:

• A/A radar with TWS, SCAN RAID, AZ/EL (WIP)
  • A/G radar with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA (no)
  • AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod (WIP)
  • Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) (mostly complete?)
  • Link-16 (mostly complete?)
  • AWW-13 Datalink Pod (mostly complete?)
  • NVGs (complete)

Weapons:

• AGM-88C HARM (WIP)
  • AGM-45A/B Shrike (no)
  • AGM-84D Block 1C Harpoon (mostly complete?)
  • AGM-84E SLAM (no)
  • AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER (no)
  • AGM-65E Maverick (complete)
  • AGM-65F Maverick (complete)
  • AGM-154A JSOW (complete)
  • AGM-154C JSOW (complete)
  • Walleye I ER/DL
  • Walleye II ER/DL (complete)
  • GBU-10 Paveway II (complete)
  • GBU-12 Paveway II (complete)
  • GBU-16 Paveway II (complete)
  • GBU-24B/B Paveway III (no)
  • GBU-38 JDAM (complete, subject to change)
  • GBU-31 JDAM (complete, subject to change)
  • GBU-32 JDAM (complete, subject to change)
  • AIM-9X Sidewinder (complete)
  • AIM-7P Sparrow (complete)
  • AIM-120B/C AMRAAM (complete)
  • Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine (no)
  • Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine (no)
  • Mk-77 Fire Bomb (no)

Decoys:

• ADM-141 TALD (no)
  • GEN-X (no)

My two cents on the whole DCS voice vs SRS debate are that very few online players will use DCS voice until it approaches the basic functionality of SRS anyway. Many online servers disable DCS voice because its not and it causes additional problems.

Sure, but they need to start somewhere and the alternative shouldn't be not to continue developing it.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

What about nukes? Would love do dump some nukes...

Just kidding. Guess a list like that would be better in the game itself, maybe added as an extra menu button.

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

Sure, but they need to start somewhere and the alternative shouldn't be not to continue developing it.

You have a valid point and I agree that ED should implement its own voice system, without depending on 3rd parties.

If I had been ED, though, I would have simply hired Ciribob (SRS' developer) to work on the official voice system, without spending time to reinvent the wheel from the very scratch, given that VoiceChat seems to have a long road ahead before becoming functional and, at the current moment, it doesn't really offer anything more than a simple Discord/Teamspeak does, and in a worse way too.

I do appreciate ED's effort, I do spouse their choice of implementing its own voice system, but perhaps all this effort might have been avoidable at least, hiring Ciribob.

Edited by Saruman

• ED Team
Hey kate, posted most my comments over on reddit because yeah but to summerize, thanks for actually keeping your word on the roadmaps and the like, really think you could have communicated before release day, but also understand easter..

Big one though still is what is going on with bug tracking and patch notes? Because currently that part still doesn't appear to be improving, patch notes are still missing vital information, they still don't list known ongoing issues etc which is frustrating as is having to ask Newy etc each week and being told 'wait and see'.

Case in point the crash happening with 2.5.6 and VR users, it's been reported now for 3 months since 2.5.6 dropped to open beta, it's a game stopper for a lot of VR users and appears to be an issue with your changes to 2.5.6's transparency and translucency implicit renderer based on the logs and the data they are throwing out as that is the top of every one of the memory dump items other then the last log item saying 'bow wave' but we have not seen it acknowledged as an 'ongoing' issue each patch, instead we have to ask if it's been fixed, get told 'dont think so if it wasn't in the patch notes, but give it a try and let me know if it is fixed'.. We should be able to look at the patch notes each time and see a list of known ongoing bugs not have to guess :(

I know it's not easy things have to be translated etc but the bug tracking and the like was the other big 'gripe' beyond communication/roadmaps etc over the last 6 months and it would be nice to see that new 'better' tracking you mentioned finally implimented with JIRA ;)

Other then that again thanks for listening, thanks for keeping your word about trying to be more open, wish you'd gotten it out before today but yeah.

To all the ED staff, keep yourselves safe in these times and hope you had a good easter.

Dear Rob,

Thank you for your comments. It's good to know that you are in perfect shape.

Here are my updates:

1. public bug tracking system: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4288166&postcount=227

In short: I'm opened for suggestions.

2. changelog is improved. And it will be even better with the changes we made to the code commits. I think that 13 pages of changes are not a bad improvement.

3. 2.5.6 VR crash was reported at the initial delivery and was fixed. If it still appears, please submit the ticket to tech support with logs. We recently discovered that some hardware libs love to eat completely full RAM. We were surprised and it was not related to DCS at all.

We made changes again and the new update will be today.

Thank you for your passion for DCS and the help you deliver. I appreciate it.

• ED Team
Can you share something more like testing plans? How are builds tested, if there are testers running through some "boring always same procedures" with every build.

Also Kate Perederko recently mentioned that new open beta is compiling just now. How can be that tested if it was not compiled yet?

Why do you ask about testing plans?

Yes, testers go through boring always the same procedures including analytics of performance.

The build will be compiled and tested again.

How do we speed up the process? We have several build running and testing at the same time. So it's a none-stop process.

Kate,

In an effort to assist customers (particularly new ones) could I suggest that a comprehensive list of features (complete and in development) for each module appear on their respective product page on your website, along with their development status? I present an example below. It would be informative, and provide an obvious place to look for information, instead of trawling through the forums. If (very rough) time scales could also be included, all the better.

Sensors:

Weapons:

• 20mm cannon (complete)

Following the early access release, we plan to include many more sensors, weapons, and decoys for the final product. Please note that this list is also subject to change:

Sensors:

• NVGs (complete)

Weapons:

• AGM-88C HARM (WIP)
  • AGM-45A/B Shrike (no)
  • AGM-84E SLAM (no)
  • AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER (no)
  • Walleye I ER/DL
  • Mk-77 Fire Bomb (no)

Decoys:

• ADM-141 TALD (no)
  • GEN-X (no)

This is an AWESOME idea, something listing a standard of what must be included in an early access release would be helpful too, ie we won't release "X" product if it doesn't have "X" standard feature ie damage model etc

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

• ED Team
Kate,

Sensors:

Weapons:

• 20mm cannon (complete)

Sensors:

• NVGs (complete)

Weapons:

• AGM-88C HARM (WIP)
  • AGM-45A/B Shrike (no)
  • AGM-84E SLAM (no)
  • AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER (no)
  • Walleye I ER/DL
  • Mk-77 Fire Bomb (no)

Decoys:

• ADM-141 TALD (no)
  • GEN-X (no)

Yes, you are right. Should be done for every project. We'll do! Thank you.

Why do you ask about testing plans?

Yes, testers go through boring always the same procedures including analytics of performance.

The build will be compiled and tested again.

How do we speed up the process? We have several build running and testing at the same time. So it's a none-stop process.

Thanks for reply. Original question was How and answer looked liked Who. I have job as a tester so professional curiosity too.

Can I ask about Mi-8 multicrew? There is multicrew for Huey planned for may, but I don't see multicrew for Mi-8 even in passive development phase.

Thanks for all that time you are spending now answering to community. I appreciate that.

Hello! I have a question now. Does the so-called exit of early products mean the end of development?

No, maybe you have missed that the A-10C and Ka-50 just got new cockpits. 10 years after their release!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't understand why there's so much complaining.

"SC isn't being released because it's not ready"

That's all we need to know.

Sometimes you bake a turkey for Thanksgiving, and when you pull it out the oven, you see it needs another half hour or so.

So stick the carrier back in the oven, in the meantime we'll be at the table picking at the Viper rolls

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• ED Team
Thanks for reply. Original question was How and answer looked liked Who. I have job as a tester so professional curiosity too.

Can I ask about Mi-8 multicrew? There is multicrew for Huey planned for may, but I don't see multicrew for Mi-8 even in passive development phase.

Thanks for all that time you are spending now answering to community. I appreciate that.

Are you a game tester? Do you want to be a DCS tester?

UH-1H is the first product to have it. Multi-crew will be applied to Mi-8 and Mi-24 and may be others later as well. We need to have something first, polish it and apply to others.

The Voice Chat feature is not planned to be suspended.

There are people who are against it and get used to play with SRS and other great additions. But there are also people who want to have everything from the box. I do not see the reason why it should not happen.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to switch the dev team of Voice Chat to Vulkan API integration or even F18 development. I'm sorry.

Don’t stop the development please.

Srs is a nice addition for now, but it is not perfect.

We use 1 hotas but many different modules. Every module has is own radio layout with srs you have to compromise with an internal solution probably that won’t happen anymore.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

First, thanks a lot for your time: we're at almost 500 posts in 18 hours.

If possible, I would like to share a wish non SC or VR or module related: It would be a blast to have the possibility to get in touch with someone involved in the DCS World scripting engine here in the forum, to share ideas, report bugs, or simply get advices.

Sometimes performance could be significantly affected by bad scripting behaviour, or poor knowledge about how a certain action could impact the server answer. I'm the first that does these errors. Being able to get some advice from someone that knows the code, once a while, would improve a lot the skills of the mission designers in the community and maybe with time will help some optimization customer side.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Can you share something more like testing plans? How are builds tested, if there are testers running through some "boring always same procedures" with every build.

Also Kate Perederko recently mentioned that new open beta is compiling just now. How can be that tested if it was not compiled yet?

Well probably they are just merging their closed beta branch with the public open beta.

So what we’ll receive today is what they are testing from some days ago

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please correct me if I am wrong but there is no alternate combat simulator which is at par with DCS World. A lot of us quench our thirst of combat flying through DCS World.

Suppose if DCS was currently in infant stage, even then many if us would have played it.

However, luckily, as of today, DCS has developed into quite an advance simulator. So we should ignore what we dont have and enjoy what we do have.

As regards complaints, they never end. Even if you bring stars from sky for someone, he/she will still complaint that you brought less.

Happy flying.

Can i quote you please?

What is the end of life plan for DCS as we go forward? I would suspect that there will come a time that the base code that the simulator is based on will be harder and harder to maintain when introducing new features.

Eventually I suspect that it would have to be re-written from the ground up to take advantage of newer technologies and such.

Is there a timeline for eventual re-tooling of the game?

Thanks!

Are you a game tester? Do you want to be a DCS tester?

UH-1H is the first product to have it. Multi-crew will be applied to Mi-8 and Mi-24 and may be others later as well. We need to have something first, polish it and apply to others.

I work in the IT as well and would like to help with testing DCS...I always open to experimenting.

So i also would like to be a DCS tester...very much really

I work in the IT as well and would like to help with testing DCS...I always open to experimenting.

So i also would like to be a DCS tester...very much really

The open beta enables us all to be testers :)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

The open beta enables us all to be testers :)

Yes I know....but i think is cool to do test cases.

Some people thinks its boring and repetitive, but I don’t see it in this way.

Yiu need to predict also the strangest behavior

• ED Team
First, thanks a lot for your time: we're at almost 500 posts in 18 hours.

If possible, I would like to share a wish non SC or VR or module related: It would be a blast to have the possibility to get in touch with someone involved in the DCS World scripting engine here in the forum, to share ideas, report bugs, or simply get advices.

Sometimes performance could be significantly affected by bad scripting behaviour, or poor knowledge about how a certain action could impact the server answer. I'm the first that does these errors. Being able to get some advice from someone that knows the code, once a while, would improve a lot the skills of the mission designers in the community and maybe with time will help some optimization customer side.

Thank you for your comments and request.

Once we'll have a public bug tracking in place we create DCS scripting engine section.