DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

Hi Kate,

I'd be grateful if you could take a look at the following thread from post #361 onwards,

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263525

and give your thoughts on the severe (>80%) fps drops seen in missions with multiple AI objects since 2.5.6. Surely, these can't be caused by the recent engine improvements alone?

Many thanks.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

So what happened to the F4 phantom? Or is it the mind blowing mystery alluded to some time ago?

I have been wondering the same thing.....Its mind blowing that it has not been done IMHO.Its one of the most important jet fighters of the 20th century and was as numerous and used as much as the F-16 is... I have been waiting for the Phantom for a long time and I guess will have to wait for a lot longer...:(

BS3

I thought with the new KA50 cockpit BS3 would follow soon but now i see that it's in "Projects that are in the passive development phase"

Would that mean not this year?

My expectations on new Eastern modules is rather low but at least give the BS3 some priority.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

I thought with the new KA50 cockpit BS3 would follow soon but now i see that it's in "Projects that are in the passive development phase"

Would that mean not this year?

My expectations on new Eastern modules is rather low but at least give the BS3 some priority.

The new KA50 cockpit is in game already. The new external model and features are not as they will be part of BS3.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I hardly think ED would waste their time and effort developing and releasing a module that the overwhelming majority of their customers wouldn't use/wouldn't see any benefit from...would they?

See and there ya go, completely missed the point I was trying to make. I would say I'm surprised, but that would be a lie. I DID NOT say they developed the SC with only the "minority" would use. I didn't even say S*** about developing. I was only referencing pushing SINGLE PLAYER RELEASE before MULTIPLAYER.

Side note: I find the argument between SP and MP to be absolutely FUBAR. I am no more special than you because I play a lot of MP. You are no more special than me because you play SP. We are ALL equal. So don't come at me with this 2/3 vs 1/3 horse crap. I want all of us to have this stuff at the same time. I paid just as much money (well depending on discount/miles I guess) as anyone else. MP doesn't deserve to be rated as second class community members just because 2/3 feel their entitled to be first.

I would be really insterested about some statistics how customers play the DCS. SP/MP, instant actions / missions / campaigns / user files / generator ? (never used it) / Own edit (I use often). Cold start / hot start etc.

As to your suggestion, I dont think that players play instant mostly. This customers will probably be fast enough into MAC game then. But again, I would be very interested in statistics about this.

I would like to see the stats as well.

Over at another flightsim, I think SP ranked MP by something like 10 to 1, but MP still seemed to get equal or more effort over SP considerations. I find that very odd.

My flights are 99% through the excellent DCS mission editor. I build every flight just the way I want it. Gotta love DCS for making that fast and easy.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

The important point is, what is affected by the issues? Just the SC if placed in a MP mission could be solved with a simple release note warning.

So much more likely it breaks Multiplayer and that is a showstopper and nothing is acceptable in terms of counting the numbers of players against one another... think about it. The next step could be a bug in module A crashes module B so with module A being more popular owners of the less popular module B can't play for couple months?

Kate and the team made a very sound and responsible decision in my opinion.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The important point is, what is affected by the issues? Just the SC if placed in a MP mission could be solved with a simple release note warning.

So much more likely it breaks Multiplayer and that is a showstopper and nothing is acceptable in terms of counting the numbers of players against one another... think about it. The next step could be a bug in module A crashes module B so with module A being more popular owners of the less popular module B can't play for couple months?

ABSOLUTELY spot on.

I would like to see the stats as well.

Over at another flightsim, I think SP ranked MP by something like 10 to 1, but MP still seemed to get equal or more effort over SP considerations. I find that very odd.

My flights are 99% through the excellent DCS mission editor. I build every flight just the way I want it. Gotta love DCS for making that fast and easy.

My view on race and flight sims is that multiplayer offers the best opportunity for the closest to reality experience. I say opportunity because it depends entirely upon the players involved. An online race with a bunch of poor drivers who drive nothing like a professional real world race is of less value than having a decent AI. Get a decent group together and the experience is second to none.

I would also say that typically those who partake in multiplayer are the most enthusiast and "hardcore" players. Also typically the most active on forums and social media. Hence their importance can outweigh the percentage of income they may provide, providing valuable feedback and also a risk of negative PR through forums and social media.

That said I am never keen of separating them as distinct groups. There are also plenty of enthusiasts who play single player exclusively and I would guess many who do both.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

@shagrat

But Multiplayer is an integral part of DCS. Even if there would be a release note, people would still complain about multiplayer bugs and spam the forums.

So if ED has this new quality standard of only releasing when they think its ready then I think it's a good thing.

Releasing it early could have sideeffects we dont know of. Nobody knows the internals, so we have to trust them, because they know their software.

Edited by OG84
add context

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals

I think the long game has to be on MP. All the other top games have big MP scene. Yes, DCS is a very different beast and harder to get good, even with 1 aircraft. But once you go online and join in with others, it's a real blast.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Maybe. But it was poorly handled. When a simple delay turns into a ****storm of negative posts and the developers pondering a refund scheme for a hotly anticipated product, something is clearly wrong.

In this case the customers are not at fault.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Maybe. But it was poorly handled. When a simple delay turns into a ****storm of negative posts and the developers pondering a refund scheme for a hotly anticipated product, something is clearly wrong.

In this case the customers are not at fault.

I just can't get this picture out of my head: one dev walking between Hornet desk, Viper, SC... back to Hornet. I've had that vision for a while. No bathroom breaks:D

Yes, you are right. Should be done for every project. We'll do! Thank you.

Hi Kate,

I would appreciate this type of information, but what I think would really provide some transparency is for each of these to be linked to a back end patch / dev database of comments updated every few weeks. Nothing too big, but just a comment or two to show progress is happening, and giving the community some insight on the challenges the team is facing. We have some other devs and folks with significant tech skills who could possibly provide insight or ideas that could improve the product.

The con is that there will be some who use it as a means to criticize - those would have to be ignored, but that is the same as it is now...

Just another idea... Thanks again for your continued participation here. This has been AWESOME!

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

ED needs to not base development decisions based on feedback from the negative crowd over at Hoggit. That vocal crap fest doesnt speak for the community despite what they think over there. Believe it or not there is a strong single player base who enjoys the game and spends time flying rather then posting hate filled rhetoric on reddit.

ED needs to not base development decisions based on feedback from the negative crowd over at Hoggit. That vocal crap fest doesnt speak for the community despite what they think over there. Believe it or not there is a strong single player base who enjoys the game and spends time flying rather then posting hate filled rhetoric on reddit.

I agree. Well said! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Agreed!

I'm afraid I have to disagree. This has been a textbook case of how not to handle a product delay.

The majority of paying customers are being told to wait for a product in order that a minority of customers can have features they would have to wait for anyway. And from what I read, if it's correct, there are plans being made to offer refunds for a product people want, have already paid for, and could have today.

That last part is truly the alpha and omega of mind boggling inanity. I'd be unemployed by dinner if I ran my business like that.

Yes, but we have to be careful what we post on this forum ;)

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Amen to that :thumbup:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would also say that typically those who partake in multiplayer are the most enthusiast and "hardcore" players. Also typically the most active on forums and social media. Hence their importance can outweigh the percentage of income they may provide, providing valuable feedback and also a risk of negative PR through forums and social media.

I would also say that I'm the most enthusiastic and "hardcore" player in my own opinion. I'm very active on forums and social media and so feel My importance can outweigh the tiny percentage of income I provide , as if I'm not treated as extra-special I'll get extra-salty on forums and social media.

Airbag_signatur.png

See and there ya go, completely missed the point I was trying to make. I would say I'm surprised, but that would be a lie. I DID NOT say they developed the SC with only the "minority" would use. I didn't even say S*** about developing. I was only referencing pushing SINGLE PLAYER RELEASE before MULTIPLAYER.

Side note: I find the argument between SP and MP to be absolutely FUBAR. I am no more special than you because I play a lot of MP. You are no more special than me because you play SP. We are ALL equal. So don't come at me with this 2/3 vs 1/3 horse crap. I want all of us to have this stuff at the same time. I paid just as much money (well depending on discount/miles I guess) as anyone else. MP doesn't deserve to be rated as second class community members just because 2/3 feel their entitled to be first.

I don't see your point at all, you can still play single player right ? lf SC releases for singleplayer at first then just go play single player.

Everyone will be equal if it is a SP only release since everyone would have access to the same content at the same time.

You could even train in SP if you want before taking on the challenge with real players.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?