DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

Excellent post (although it could've come a couple of days earlier and saved you some grief). It gives a particularly transparent picture of development and I'm sure everyone here appreciates that. I was personally hoping that Vulcan/multithreading and the FLIR overhaul were closer, since a lot of tools and sensors would benefit from both, but I was also pleased by several items.

And don't feel like you have to rush the SC if it's not ready. A delay is unfortunate, but understandable to anyone working in software development. At the end of the day, all of us want a good release.

Keep up the good work and stay safe, everyone.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

AFAIK it has the new carrier ATC as a prerequisite, meaning that as soon as the new carrier ATC works fine field ATC can follow.

Not entirely.

The Carrier ATC is already in the OB largely. Mostly scripted calls and not really a new system as such. All operated on a single freq etc etc. A welcome step forward but hardly the overhaul that is needed in my view.

I mean a new proper system with Ground, Departure, Tower and other seperate freq uses (confirmed by Wags)

This new system still seems a very long way off according to Kate's update today.

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Thanks for the updates, but I think ED must reconsidering in giving deadlines and release dates, every release date postponed to another few weeks, its better not to give us dates and make us wait then ... wait another few weeks!!!

its just my personal opinion :)

Appreciate the transparency, and best regards

Sorry guys but you are sooooooooooooooooo............ slow !!!

the most reason that i am not satisfied like before is ! the CORE of game ! i mean weather , and YES CLOUD !!! CLOUD !!! 90% of flying is in sky , but it is looks like 10 years old game's graphic ! while FS2020 is so close to release ! my advise is to push your beautiful fingers on Graphic specially the SKY and everything included in the SKY !

Just imagine layers of clouds , all towering or embedded and all 10 type of clouds .......

cloud i even see those clouds when i slept or daydreamed yeaaaah 8-\ LOL

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• ED Team

Thank you all for the comments! Important to me to feel your feedback and opinions.

ATC, in our opinion, is a large system to have it in place with good implementation.

I prefer to fi technical debt first and start new large projects after it.

Deadlines have several purposes and people ask them all the time because it's the orienting points.

• ED Team
Sorry guys but you are sooooooooooooooooo............ slow !!!

the most reason that i am not satisfied like before is ! the CORE of game ! i mean weather , and YES CLOUD !!! CLOUD !!! 90% of flying is in sky , but it is looks like 10 years old game's graphic ! while FS2020 is so close to release ! my advise is to push your beautiful fingers on Graphic specially the SKY and everything included in the SKY !

Just imagine layers of clouds , all towering or embedded and all 10 type of clouds .......

cloud i even see those clouds when i slept or daydreamed yeaaaah 8-\ LOL

Yes, we are very slow but focused on details.

The layers of clouds are ready but the cloud system, it's not just the layers.

But thank you for your patience!

Just my 2 cents ...

For me, and i think most of the VR players, the implementation of the Vulkan engine ist the most excitement update you ever spoke about.

So if i have a choice between new modules or the implementation of the Vulkan engine .. i would prefer the Engine implementation. But i know that this is one of the hardest jobs on your to-do list .. and sadly its going to take long time until its ready.

So keep up the good stuff ...

Thank you for informing us of the situation and progress of everything in general. Of course I hope you are all well and that we will see those improvements soon as we understand that they are difficult situations.

Sincerely an affectionate greeting and we hope that everything is good on your part. A strong hug and encouragement.

I prefer to fi[x] technical debt first and start new large projects after it.

That's the best thing I've read in these forums in a long time regarding development of any kind in DCS.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Thanks for the transparency Kate, I am glad to see that you are working on some of the issues that really push back this sim.

One question though: ¿What do you mean about 'Special Effects Update? Like explosions, sparks, smoke, etc.? Could you be more specific?

Thanks in advance.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

While I understand the decision, I´m still disappointed.

It seems there are too many balls in the air.

While it makes sense to share developemnt knowledge between the F/A-18 and F-16, it still causes delay to finishing the F/A-18 which many of us bought before the F-16 was announced - thats unfair for those not interested in the F-16.

We pre-pay real money as a sign of trust that modules will be delivered. No one forces us to pre-pay or buy EA modules, but that doesn´t mean that we shouldn´t expect the developers to deliver what we paid for within a reasonable time.

I bought the F/A-18 may 2018 and according to the Roadmap, we should be lucky if it´s considered out of EA by the end of this year, more realistic will be in a year - thats 3 years from start of EA to the release version.

Focus should be to finish first what You started first.

Other bugs and promised features within the core sim has been present / missing for years with little attention - I can mention multicrew for UH-1, Damage model, AI enhancements & ATC enhancements.

I still love DCS, but also feel frustrated for the way things are prioritised.

3rd part developers also doesn´t live up to, what paying customers expect -to mention the Razbam M-2000D, now going into it´s 5th year without being finished, or the AV-8B. Same with the Yak-52.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I notice a very distinct lack of Mi-24P mentioned anywhere, and am rather disappointed by that. Still, it is really nice reading an update like this one, hoping to see this continue as a trend.

Edit: nevermind, it is in fact listed as a mid-term module in dev.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Thanks a lot for the info, Kate, appreciated! I was really looking forward to the SC today, but it's totally understandable why you chose not to release it yet. Some of those no-go-s would surely have started a flame war along the lines of "oh no, another broken EA module...etc" - we've all seen this before.

You know best what state it's currently in, and whether or not it's ready enough for release. I wish you good luck squashing those last couple of bugs and I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see it in game soon.

Thank you all for the comments! Important to me to feel your feedback and opinions.

ATC, in our opinion, is a large system to have it in place with good implementation.

I prefer to fi technical debt first and start new large projects after it.

Deadlines have several purposes and people ask them all the time because it's the orienting points.

Kate,

Thank you. I appreciate the frank reply re ATC.

Helps manage my expectations.

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1