DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

DCS has really grown on me I am new to DCS and the only I only find 2 things that bother me is the Loading time and download speeds are rediculous it would be nice to see these two things addressed at some point in the future.

NVMe drive and a fiber-optic internet access address them nicely!

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Well if you want to support DCS, using P2P saves resources on the servers and probably funds for bandwidth.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Well if you want to support DCS, using P2P saves resources on the servers and probably funds for bandwidth.
Good point and I try to do that when am not impatient, but it seems that the P2P setup is a little strange. Ordinarily I get like 13MB/s with a couple of peers when DL other stuff. With DCS there's usually 30-40 peers in and I usually get around 1-2MB/s, often half of that. If I switch to http I usually get 6-8MB/s.

There should be an option to be able to share even after the DL is finished for those of us with fiber to support others.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yes, I was looking to talk about that ... but let's talk about it in an appropriate thread --> wishlist.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Are there any plans for a complete Mission Editor redo? Maybe external App?

As long as it doesn't make it like the IL2 mission editor which is a disaster and a complete pain in the azz to use.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

As long as it doesn't make it like the IL2 mission editor which is a disaster and a complete pain in the azz to use.

well you do need to think like a Russian...lol..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Good point and I try to do that when am not impatient, but it seems that the P2P setup is a little strange. Ordinarily I get like 13MB/s with a couple of peers when DL other stuff. With DCS there's usually 30-40 peers in and I usually get around 1-2MB/s, often half of that. If I switch to http I usually get 6-8MB/s.

There should be an option to be able to share even after the DL is finished for those of us with fiber to support others.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

My experience is much the same. I have a cable 600mbit connex, and a fiber 1 tb syncro up/down connection, and I get the exact same results as the above quote, with both connections. The torrent speeds from DCS updates always have me saying "wtf" when they are SO slow with so many peers.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I didn't used that seriously but seeing it as a separate program (but with full access to the 3D game engine) and with graphic representation of triggers etc... It looks like a big improvement over DCS one. Sure... it is over complicated maybe but DCS's is obsolete and complicated. And I can use triggers scripts create radio menus complex missions with hundreds of units etc etc but still obsolete and complicated for too little. And most of new players don't bother with it and this is a very very big loss for ED.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

well you do need to think like a Russian...lol..

I respect how Russians think. I do not respect IL2's bad joke of a mission editor. It might as well not even be there.

Not only do you have to turn the game off to use it, you have to load all the buildings and bridges on the map yourself. That's insane.

The DCS mission editor is much, much better.

Some of you guys Don’t realize how seemingly unimportant, totally unannounced changes can give mission makers weeks of work to make their missions work again. A “new ME” would be a total disaster for us and mean the end of many free and paid content.

Some new triggers and conditions would be welcome, though. And an undo button :)

The DCS ME may look daunting at first but it’s super straightforward and logical. With a little creativity the possibilities are endless.

• Like 1

Some of you guys Don’t realize how seemingly unimportant, totally unannounced changes can give mission makers weeks of work to make their missions work again. A “new ME” would be a total disaster for us and mean the end of many free and paid content.

Some new triggers and conditions would be welcome, though. And an undo button :)

The DCS ME may look daunting at first but it’s super straightforward and logical. With a little creativity the possibilities are endless.

The DCS mission editor is just fine. I run almost 100% of my flights through it. Every flight and mission is exactly the flight and mission I want to fly.

And if the mission is small, like hunting a few ZSU-23s in an A-10, I can set it up the way I want it in seconds and fly it seconds later. Perfect! thumbup.gif

I didn't used that seriously but seeing it as a separate program (but with full access to the 3D game engine) and with graphic representation of triggers etc... It looks like a big improvement over DCS one. Sure... it is over complicated maybe but DCS's is obsolete and complicated. And I can use triggers scripts create radio menus complex missions with hundreds of units etc etc but still obsolete and complicated for too little. And most of new players don't bother with it and this is a very very big loss for ED.

1/ It used to be a separate application, and it was integrated (relatively recently) so it could access the rendering and allow things like the satellite view and real sized object icons.

I tell you, you might think loading times are slow now, but they were actually slow when to launch a mission you had to wait for the editor to start a whole other application.

2/ The usability / features / GUI form / form of triggers have nothing to do with whether it's a separate application or integrated into the base application, they're entirely the results of how E.D. have decided to set up the interface.

Cheers.

• ED Team
Kate

I have read all the answers and they are very encouraging!

My question is about that Combined Arms, I haven't read any new ones

You are planning to upgrade it to improve it so that it supports it with trackIR/VR, physic model etc?

And thank !

We do not post a lot of news about Combined Arms because we believe that we need to improve the terrain rendering technology first and after achieving the level of the detail we want we can improve the CA to a new level.

• Like 1

We totally agree. :thumbup::thumbup:

The mission editor as it is right now is a great tool. Like many things, it will look complicated at the beginning but it isn't.

Always happy landings ;)

• ED Team

Dear All,

Thank you for all your comments.

I have to admit that the release of the update last week didn't meet our expectations at all.

We still have a lot of work to do with performance issues before we will be able to release it to the Stable branch.

Please do not expect it to be released in April.

All your comments, suggestions, ideas and, of course, critics are taken into account. We cannot make it happen all at once but we want to be more transparent for you and improve the DCS World together with you.

I apologize if we are unable to meet some of your expectations.

I think that this thread can be closed and we all need to move on.

Thank you for your support,

Kate Perederko

COO, Eagle Dynamics

• Thanks 1