DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

I think the right approach is being taken by delaying but aiming for a better quality release.

I didn't see any mention of the new General Flight model (GFM) for AI aircraft in the roadmap. I am eagerly awaiting this as it will bring much more realism to air combat. Can you comment on the GFM please, Kate? Has it been pushed back?

PC specs:

So I guess you guys don't want ED to give us any release dates anymore??

Software development isn't very predictable unfortunately.

No dates would make asking for people's money up front a very difficult sale. It could be done if there was greater confidence in ED, but I don't think that's something in great supply right now.

When you look back at how far DCS has come it isn't so hard to see it's going to keep getting that much better. If only they had the PR to back it up.

ED could make the best move right now as to not give any release date, which is exactly what they're doing with the Supercarrier because it eliminates any pressure and expectation from the user fanbase. However, users like being updated about the progress of the game, and more so appreciate an idea of when they get their hands on something, so it will always be a tricky pair to balance.

Kate,

This would be my first post here, although I've been with you guys for a while now. My question is: will the Stennis/Tomcat catapult issue be sorted out in the next update? One of your team on facebook said the issue had already been "solved internally" and would be included in the update (the previous one), which didn't happen. Which is ok, I understand it may seem a minor thing with all the big projects going on. Still, would be nice to have my missions with AI Tomcats starting cold on the Stennis work again, if indeed the issue has already been resolved. Any chance to see a fix this time around? Kinda instead of the SC, I guess, lol.

I can understand and accept delays. I cannot accept dishonesty. When it was said by ED staff (that I won’t name) that the reason the super carrier was originally being delayed in March was “due to an ongoing sale” it was downright dishonest. Effectively the customer was blamed for the delay then. This is unacceptable to me and causes lost trust. I like the information provided in this update and again am ok with the delay. Thank you for the news.

I would consider adjusting the way self-imposed public timelines are disseminated and continue to work on improved communication if possible. An example being how the forums were told by ED staff that there would be an announcement yesterday and even that missed its deadline!

Some unpopular suggestions:

1. move to a 3 month update policy. That way you won't have the pressure to release versions every two weeks. It certainly takes a lot of resources... And Every time you'll release a much more progressed and bug free versions.

2. Take all the time you need to fix the Carrier and only then release. It's better to wait for a good product than to be disappointed by a mediocre one.

Hi Kate thanks for the update.

Firstly... For those posting about FS2020 by Christmas... (No chance) Its in alpha testing with lots of bugs. Does look good though!

Secondly, I am disappointed in the SC delay. But then again, I would be more upset if the module got released and didn't work. (No point)

Is it possible to not announce a module for pre release purchase until it is further down the development line. That way a more accurate date can be given.

An example could be the Eurofighter... Wouldn't have mentioned it at all. Develop the aircraft to a point its fully playable... Then Surprise pre purchase for next week. Servers will crash with download requests. No delays! Happy customers.

Only an idea. But want you people to succeed. Keep up the good work. Stay safe.

We started with the missile we received complaints and detailed information from the community.

We will work on Russian A2A if we'll be 100% sure about information.

We are data-driven devs.

Are you seriously telling us, that the AIM-120 got a buff over night after Deka released the JF-17 and SD-10 was a mere coinsidence?

lol

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Thanks a lot Kate! This is exactly the kind of transparency I like to see!

I don't have any need for hard release dates as I know how difficult it can be to predict these as a developer. Getting (a quarterly) info on what is actively being worked on and in what time frame (near, mid long term) we can expect certain features is all I want to know.

Having to wait a bit longer for the supercarrier to get some more fixes is absolutly fine. It's a game afterall and life doesn't depend on it. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

PS: Having the devs working overhours because some people on the forums here can't get a grip of themselves is pretty sad :(

^This - Couldn't have said it better myself.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Does anyone else take this post as a bit of a "hail-mary" for another missed target by ED? Honestly, a couple of sentences earlier in the week would have been enough to satisfy most people. Maybe a video? If single player is working as it should, why no video? Maybe a single player live stream? I do not respect dishonest people.

Always remember: "We do not release products during sales" and "The Hornet Team is not working on the Viper, they are separate teams."

Be better ED.

Edited by Bloodhound57

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Not entirely.

The Carrier ATC is already in the OB largely. Mostly scripted calls and not really a new system as such. All operated on a single freq etc etc. A welcome step forward but hardly the overhaul that is needed in my view.

I mean a new proper system with Ground, Departure, Tower and other seperate freq uses (confirmed by Wags)

This new system still seems a very long way off according to Kate's update today.

Regards,

Gary

+1

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• ED Team
I can understand and accept delays. I cannot accept dishonesty. When it was said by ED staff (that I won’t name) that the reason the super carrier was originally being delayed in March was “due to an ongoing sale” it was downright dishonest. Effectively the customer was blamed for the delay then. This is unacceptable to me and causes lost trust. I like the information provided in this update and again am ok with the delay. Thank you for the news.

There was no dishonesty, sorry if you feel that way.

The post by Wags explained about the sales, and even mentioned it gave us some more time to deal with with super carrier tasks.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266705

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

A bunch of nothing.

"near term".....

Why did you let the drama go on in the threads you "closely follow" and then post this meaningless bunch of nothing?

Those who are praising you for this deserve what they get over and over and over again.

ED, do less, better.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I feel very sad about the way ED is going. Your long early access time for aircraft and modules is getting too long. You tease us with clips put it up for sale we bite and buy then you have our money now all we can do is wait we have no choice. I understand the times are differant to any before but with most people sat at home waiting and praying for the release then to pull it at a time like this is just plain bad form. Something like this is what a lot of people needed to keep going. TBH you should have pooled everything you had to get this out there, now even more so. This post will be like marmite you'll either love it or hate it but I have the right to my opinion and this is it.

but where is P47?

Have you read the OP? It's in there:

Modules:

• [ April 2020 ] WWII Asset Pack update
  • [ April-May 2020 ] Supercarrier EA
  • [ May 2020 ] Huey Multi-crew
  • [ Q2 2020 ] P-47D Thunderbolt EA
  • [ Q2-3 2020 ] The Channel EA
  • [ Mid Term ] Mariana Islands
  • [ Dec 2020 ] F/A-18C Hornet out of EA
  • [ Mid to Long Term ] F-16C Viper
  • [ Mid Term ] Modern Air Combat
  • [ Mid Term ] A-10C Warthog II
  • [ Mid Term ] Mi-24P Hind

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I feel very sad about the way ED is going. Your long early access time for aircraft and modules is getting too long. You tease us with clips put it up for sale we bite and buy then you have our money now all we can do is wait we have no choice. I understand the times are differant to any before but with most people sat at home waiting and praying for the release then to pull it at a time like this is just plain bad form. Something like this is what a lot of people needed to keep going. TBH you should have pooled everything you had to get this out there, now even more so. This post will be like marmite you'll either love it or hate it but I have the right to my opinion and this is it.

but then.. don't bite every time.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi Kate, Matt and Devs,

take your time. From my side, I can wait. Dont excuse that it takes more time.

Dont listen to Sentences such as "...Also as I'm sure you've

born in mind MS FS 2020 is out by Christmas..."

Thats really inappropriate from that guys. It seems to be that Releases will

be faster, if that said to you. Dont understand this guys.

As QuiGon said:

Software development isn't very predictable unfortunately.

Umland, I understand where you're coming from, but it's likely that MS 2020 will likely draw potential sales/users to it. ED is a profit company after all and choosing whether to improve the core of the game or spend lots of time on modules is a decision I'm sure they will weigh up (could they focus on less, faster). I'm not saying rush by Christmas 20/Mar 21..etc or FS2020 steals the show, I'm saying new software (using better architecture) is coming and ED will as a company, have to ensure they stay ahead of the game through innovation. It's what they prioritise that will matter. They have a great following and own the mil flight sim realism market right now. We, as users are just voicing our opinions, it's up to ED what it takes on board.

Just my opinion!

Kate, thank you for your reply, sounds promising!

Jack

More BS from the gang that refuses to learn how to shoot straight. They knew Monday that the SC wasn't gonna be released on Wednesday if these issues were so bad yet they redirected with "news soon" instead of being actually honest with their "dear friends" and now we're supposed to believe them that the Hornet is getting A/G radar before the end of the month.... yeah OK :megalol:

"Fool me once"....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Yes that would be great but then I'm not supporting ED I have nearly all the modules and have been around since LOMAC. If something is advertised and looks so good then I'm happy to bite that is not what my post was about not really and if that's what you took from it then I must have worded it wrong.

My post was about a release that is not now comming at a time like this and by this I mean the way the world is and people needing somthing to look forward to, the SC was that if it was not comming don't wait till the last second to tell people no. Right now people both young and old need things to keep them going. Yes ED has done the 2 day release trial great really good. What people wanted is not there yet at leaset not in MP but if SP is working let people play with that. That way they would of had something rather than another Sorry not today folks move along.