F-14 SME RIO Training Event

**EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT**

DCS:New Zealand & Australia (DCSNZA) is beyond elated to announce that we are hosting an event with none other than Ret. USN Commander David 'Bio' Baranek - F-14 RIO, Top Gun Instructor, CO of VF-211!

Bio will be teaching YOU how to be a RIO the right way.

The event will be in 3 sections:

-Introduction to RIO position & Crew Concept

-A typical USN F-14 sortie covering Aircraft preparation, Air Refuelling, Intercept & Deck recovery. Bio will be riding along with us, commentating on the flight.

-A Q&A Session with DCSNZA members

The event will be live streamed on Twitch this weekend. Worldwide times as follows;

-18/04/2020 - 10.30AM NZST - New Zealand - Sat

-18/04/2020 - 08.30AM AEST - Australia East Coast - Sat

-17/04/2020 - 6.30PM EDT - US East Coast - Fri

-17/04/2020 - 3.30PM PDT - US West Coast - Fri

-17/04/2020 - 11.30PM BST - United Kingdom - Fri

This is going to be AMAZING! Get involved!

http://www.dcsnza.com

http://www.facebook.com/groups/dcsnza

Crushenator - DCSNZA

93015575_10156645253177100_7611749614173028352_n.jpg.e375c50c5db51565fc5b9226dbc27b00.jpg

Awsome! Not gonna miss this, thank you. :thumbup:

- That would be 00.30 Central European Time, for those wondering.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Awesome, hope everyone enjoys it :)

We will be uploading the full recording of the stream to our Youtube, as well as making some 'Theatrical Cut' videos with it.

Our youtube is currently empty as we have only just opened it, but you are more than welcome to subscribe for when they are uploaded :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC34CYsVbr53nDojUeNIs6EA

Crushenator

Edited by Crushenator123

Thanks to all that tuned in! We had a blast doing it, something totally new for all of us involved, we feel it went well and Bio really enjoyed himself :)

Full stream video still available to watch on the twitch, and a slightly edited version will be on youtube very soon (cut down intermission times between segments etc). So go have a look for it if you missed it!

Cheers everyone, Crushenator

• 1 year later...

Anyone Have any good Rio Training missions? I'm starting from square 1. I have been flying the tomcat for a while and its long past time for me to learn what it is the back seater does, right now I'm completely relying TWS Auto for Phoenix launches and Pal for sparrows, Its hard to make use of Jester when you don't understand what he can or cant do.