F-14 SME RIO Training Event

Crushenator123

**EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT**

DCS:New Zealand & Australia (DCSNZA) is beyond elated to announce that we are hosting an event with none other than Ret. USN Commander David 'Bio' Baranek - F-14 RIO, Top Gun Instructor, CO of VF-211!

Bio will be teaching YOU how to be a RIO the right way.

The event will be in 3 sections:

-Introduction to RIO position & Crew Concept

-A typical USN F-14 sortie covering Aircraft preparation, Air Refuelling, Intercept & Deck recovery. Bio will be riding along with us, commentating on the flight.

-A Q&A Session with DCSNZA members

The event will be live streamed on Twitch this weekend. Worldwide times as follows;

-18/04/2020 - 10.30AM NZST - New Zealand - Sat

-18/04/2020 - 08.30AM AEST - Australia East Coast - Sat

-17/04/2020 - 6.30PM EDT - US East Coast - Fri

-17/04/2020 - 3.30PM PDT - US West Coast - Fri

-17/04/2020 - 11.30PM BST - United Kingdom - Fri

This is going to be AMAZING! Get involved!

http://www.dcsnza.com

http://www.facebook.com/groups/dcsnza

Crushenator - CO - DCSNZA

attachment.php?attachmentid=232594&d=1586939306

Hey guys.

Stream will absolutely be recorded and uploaded to our youtube in its entirety.

We will also be making some 'Theatrical cut' Videos, gonna have some guys on server with us spectating and taking sweet sweet external shots of the action ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC34CYsVbr53nDojUeNIs6EA

DCSNZA Official Youtube channel. There is nothing on there right now as we have only just opened it, but if you subscribe, you will get notification as soon as the videos are up.

And you can tune in from anywhere on earth! Come one come all!

Thanks guys,

Crushenator

• ED Team

shared on our discord community feed, good luck with the training hope it goes well.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Wow guys this is amazing thanks much for hosting this!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

This is just an amazing opportunity for the community, I know not everyone wants to play as a Rio, but for those of us who do, getting training and info from a real life top gun instructor. Damn, I never thought that would happen.

Hell I know I’m still gonna be rubbish at it, but at least now I know I’m rubbish with no excuse. :D :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

This is just an amazing opportunity for the community, I know not everyone wants to play as a Rio, but for those of us who do, getting training and info from a real life top gun instructor. Damn, I never thought that would happen.

Hell I know I’m still gonna be rubbish at it, but at least now I know I’m rubbish with no excuse. :D :D

Thanks for your kind words mate! This is DCSNZA's gift to the community (Hopefully the first of many!!).

Please leave the videos up in your channel (youtube or twitch) to let us watch it later as we have not compatible timetables for the shows. Thanks!

Yes please to this ^ as it will be in the early hours of the morning here in the EU, and this old fart needs his beauty sleep ;)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Thank you DCSNZA and BIO for a great stream and conversation on being a RIO.

Also, BOLTER BOLTER :p (says the guy who has yet to get the basket on the S3)

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Huge thanks for putting this together, just finished watching the twitch feed at work. Sshhhh don’t tell anyone. ;)

Was a great little session, and got some nice little tips from Bio. He really sounds like a great guy and I’m impressed that he’s willing to give his time up for us.

He’s certainly sold another copy of his 3rd book now, already have his other 2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: