Anybody see an aircraft carrier around here?

ironcross

PSA: If you have discord, join Ed's channel and you'll get notifications for major updates and newsletters. Such as the last post about the carrier delay and roadmap updates.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

USS Carl Vinson is open for business. No IFOLS; REAL sim pilots don't need one. You fall through the elevators, so I highly recommend not taxiing over one. The deck is finished in high-gloss fiberglass; makes cleanup from NBC attacks easier, and you can use a leaf blower to handle FOD. But it has wire-looking lines on the deck, and you can land on it.

USS Carl Vinson is open for business. No IFOLS; REAL sim pilots don't need one. You fall through the elevators, so I highly recommend not taxiing over one. The deck is finished in high-gloss fiberglass; makes cleanup from NBC attacks easier, and you can use a leaf blower to handle FOD. But it has wire-looking lines on the deck, and you can land on it.

Nah, I'm back on Stennis. Wires rigged, all 4 cats (not yours :/) working. Boss is pissed and ready.

Skip is in quarantine... almost ready.

Trying to get out of PG waters and head east:D… Is the elephant walk still going on in Guam? Would be exciting to join the festivities.

9kvNjKf.png

Wow... I'm actually impressed how good the ol' Carl Vinson looks in the latest version of EDGE

No IFLOLS of course, but it'll still catch an invisible wire. And the catapult works just fine, JBD still raises. Seems the core Carrier functionality is independent of the ship type. It feels just like operating from the John C Stennis.

Don't mind the static object error... I swapped out the ship models in the Instant Action mission. :)

Wow... I'm actually impressed how good the ol' Carl Vinson looks in the latest version of EDGE

No IFLOLS of course, but it'll still catch an invisible wire. And the catapult works just fine, JBD still raises. Seems the core Carrier functionality is independent of the ship type. It feels just like operating from the John C Stennis.

Don't mind the static object error... I swapped out the ship models in the Instant Action mission. :)

What a beauty. I hadn't noticed this before, but no rust. There's a crew that takes pride in their ship! You can WATCH metal rust at sea; take about a minute to get a surface coating, so a ship that big and that clean?

That's a pretty super looking carrier right there.

9kvNjKf.png

Are those OARS sticking out of the side ? :)

Yeah , that's the early access propulsion system :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Pretty sad, when the carrier from years ago, still works. It's replacement and latest CVs, are still MIA.

Old, crusty, and works.

New, shiny, and broke.

Some day that will apply to the Ford class; it will be the old, reliable technology and it's replacement will be shiny and broke. Who knows what that technology will be...unmanned drone carrier with unmanned drone aircraft, and a bunch of guys who grew up flying DCS will handle air operations using their uber-spiffy VR headsets?