Moltar's Sound Mod

qrPgCZx.png

pZXYOEA.png

What Is Moltar's Sound Mod

Moltar's Sound Mod aims to provide a one stop shop for players and simmers looking for a more immersive sound experience in DCS. The pack contains a almost complete overhaul to the DCS sounds scape. There are many many sounds and modifications that are not shown or heard in the demo clips above so please do not think that the demo clips do the full mod justice. All mods that are included have been edited so that there are no conflicting files. Mods included in my pack can be found below.

A-10 Audio Production Mod (Diveplane)

A-10 GAU8 (Diveplane)

A-10C Colonel Tacos A-10C Sounds (RAWMEXICANTACOS)

A-10C Real Sounds (243HT-Raptor)

Air Distortions Audio Production (Diveplane)

AJS37 VIGGEN Sound Effects Fixes (Devrim)

AV8BN/A Correct Betty Sounds (al531246)

AV8BN/A Dynamic Sound (112th_Rossi)

Better Explosion Sounds (Boris)

BF-109 K-4 Audio Production(Diveplane)

BF-109 K-4 IDB Sounds (5tuka)

Decreased Betty Volume (Kozmyk)

Edge Sounds (Rlaxoxo)

Environment Audio Production (Diveplane)

F-15 Audio Pack (hubson001)

F-15 Audio Production (Diveplane)

F-15 HD Cockpit Texture (c@sper)F-15 Real Sounds (zzzspace)

F-15 Real Sound (243HT-Raptor)

F/A-18C Sound Mod (I_Gamer)

F/A-18C Sound Mod (watermanpc)

F/A-18C M61A Vulcan Sound (atomtomgo)

F-86 Audio Production External Only Sound (Diveplane)

Fw-190 Audio Production (Diveplane)

Fw-190 Focke Wolf Junkers Jumo 213 (king palmer)

G-Breath Sound (Tetra)

Huey M60 Sound (243HT-RAPTOR)

Huey Sounds (Skullz)

KA-50 Gun Sound (=STP= Isegrims)

KA-50 Rotor Sound (Devrim)

KA-50 Sounds (=STP= Isegrims)

L-39 Audio Production (Diveplane)

Mi-8MTV2 Audio Production (Diveplane)

Mig-15 Bis Audio Production External Only (Diveplane)

Mig-21 Bis GSh-23 Cannon Sound (_Quaggles)

Mig-21 Bis Sound Overhaul Mod w/Dynamics (Nin)

Other Planes and Weapons Effects Sounds (Diveplane)

P51 Sound Mod Beta (Caitlin14)

RAE Sounds (Ralfidude)

Older Module Switches (Rich)

Su-25 Audio Production (Diveplane)

Su-27 and 33 Audio Production (Diveplane)

This mod pack should pass IC 100%. If you run into any issues with IC please let me know and we can get it fixed

QUESTIONS

If you have not already, join me on Discord. I am a member of Splash One Gaming and provide updates to my mod pack there. There are constant updates, usually weekly, but sometimes daily, to my pack. S1G is also a great place to just hang out and talk aviation. Again, if you have not already joined, come check us out.

Splash One Gaming Discord

OVGME

If you are not using a mod manager at this time you should be. I currently use OVGME and it works wonders. Information for OVGME is below.

OVGME

>>>>>>>>>>Moltar's Sound Mod (Updated 4/15/2020) <<<<<<<<<<

Download Moltar's Sound Mod

Install Instructions

To install Moltar's Sound Mod simply unzip the zip archieve that you downloaded and place the 'Mods' directory into C:Users<your windows username>Saved GamesDCS[.variant_suffix]. If the Moltar's Sound Mod installed correctly you will see it appear as a DCS World Module on the Home Screen in your DCS World game.

Download and Stay Up-To-Date On Moltar's Sound Mod Using OvGME

How to Install Moltar's Sound Mod Using OVGME

You can now update my mod directly using OvGME.

If we ELI5, this means that you can have OvGME query the repositories and it will let you know if one or more parts of my mod are out of date. If it is, you can simply hit download and it will download the most up-to-date version.

If you do not already have OvGME I would highly suggest you get it, not only for the repository, but also for the ease at which you can turn mods on and off. Even if you already have JSGME, I would still highly suggest you switch. OvGME, to me, is a better piece of software that both runs better and quicker.

How to setup OvGME to use the Moltar's Mod repositories:

First off, we need get the OvGME client it self. The original mirrors have been taken off line, but it can still be found at this private mirror, OvGME Download.

Second, after we have OvGME installed and configured for our *DCS Saved Games install, we need to add the new repositories to OvGME so that it knows where to look for the mod files.

*NOTE - Notice above how I said DCS Saved Games install. This is important as Moltar's Sound Mod must be installed in Saved Games now due to ED changing how mods install in the normal game directory. Also please ignore the URL in the images below. Its an old image using an old repository.

NA MIRROR:

http://195.201.110.22/downloads/moltars_mod/moltars_mod_na.xml

Go to Mods > Repositories > Configure

JjOFeWe.png

Type the URL for the location that is closest to you in the URL field and select Add. The location URL's are listed above. Hit close when done.

H23bgMp.png

Go to Mods > Repositories > Query

hXsMhn8.png

If you do NOT already have the mod, a grey arrow will appear. If you have it, but it is out of date, a red arrow pointing up will be present. If you have it and it is up-to-date a green check will be seen.

You can either use CTRL+Click to select parts that you want to download followed by 'Download Selected' or you can download all of the parts regardless of the state by simply hitting 'Download All'.

Zgdsmth.png

Once done your downloads will begin and once completed will show in the OvGME mod file window.

JjOFeWe

Edited by M0ltar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Moltar !

I noticed that your OvGME repository XML file only refers to your sound pack, not your other mods (which are however present on your repository, via http://195.201.110.22/downloads/moltars_mod

Is this an error ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Thanks Moltar !

I noticed that your OvGME repository XML file only refers to your sound pack, not your other mods (which are however present on your repository, via http://195.201.110.22/downloads/moltars_mod

Is this an error ?

I left the files there so that people could still use them if they wanted to access them. However, since saved games is needed for the sound mod to work, and since most people only want the sound piece of the mod pack, I decided to just split this piece out. If you want to still download the other parts of the mod you can download them directly, but they ya e not been updated in sometime (no need to as nothing has changed).

Ok, great ! Thanks for your work !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

During loading screen ED tell me that "this mod is not authorized and will be disabled within "2d xxhrs xxxmins" - any idea how to cope with that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

where exactly do I need to have this folder ?

Saved Games / Mods / tech ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

That's it ??

Or maybe in the saved games / mods folder ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I am missing the A-10 sound mods in this folder. Anybody able to share?

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Got problem for DCS World version 2.8.4.39731 in F/A-18C where its afterburner sound cannot be mod. The afterburner sound remain with the stock DCS F/A-18C sound after Moltar sound mod was installed and activated. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? 

• 4 weeks later...