Weird Cloud Glitching

FYI, I tried to replicate the cloud bug with the version of Nvidia 177.92. I’m glad to report that I was no longer able to replicate it. It seems to have been fixed with that version. As for the shadows, well that’s seems to be a DX version compatibility issue, it remains unfortunately.

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Im having this issue, only with SLI enabled though. I tried the 177.92 drivers and its fixed.....but only because nVidias profile for Lockon has MultiGPU rendering set to "Single GPU", so obviously they cant fix it. Lockon and SLI just dont seem to get along. Even with SLI enabled and flickering clouds my frame is still better with Single GPU. SLi always makes me loose a couple of FPS.

I dont know if any of you have tried the advance nvidia profile editing software called nHancer? This allows you to change the compatibility flags for different game profiles. These predefined nVidia Flags are why people suggest to try "renaming the .exe" to make it use another profile.

From my experimentation with nHancer and the Lockon profile:

BAD Flags

========

16:flickering all clouds

17:disappearing clouds, Flickering MFD

25:flickering clouds, cockpit

Good Flags

=========

5: seems to give marginal fps increase

6: Lockon compatability Flag (no bad side affects, FPS increase???)

22: (no bad side affects, FPS increase???)

Turning off the bad flags allows you to use Sli with no corrupt GFX, but as I mentioned I have yet to see it give more FPS than Single GPU. With SLi indicators switched on you can see that SLi is doing bugger all. the green bar just stays near the middle of the screen (AFR).

anyone else had any definite increase in FPS with Sli or have any more insight into the nHancer compatibility flags?

C2Q9300 @3.375Mhz

780i mobo

4gb DDR2 8500

2x 9800GTX

Vista Ultimate x64 sp1

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

bttw hi .i was using sli pre 177.92 in lomac what fixed the clouds and canopy a10 mav display flicker was for me at least by going into ajust settings with preview and using my pref emphasizing quality.do you think this setting disables sli.

evga e760 x58 3way mb

nvidia gtx 480sc sli

intell 980x

1860 dominaters triple channel

corsair 800d case

2xintell m160g gen 2 ssd in raid 0

corsair hx1000 psu

win 7 64 ult

all fully water cooled by ek

dell u2711 monitor 2560x1440

x58pro

g13

plus das keybrd

I wouldnt think so, I tried messing around with the quality settings but it didnt seem to make a difference.

I see you have a GX2, can you set that to run as a single card? If so, id be interested to know what kind of FPS increase you get running SLi compared to single GPU. ( with AntiAliasing switched off)

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

SLI doesnt yeld much perfomance differences in LOMAC. The more loaded the scene with objects is the less benifit you will have. I heard that some people had doubled frame rates with overcast with SLI on but the games crashes on me with overcast+SLI on.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

hmm actually have not tried overcast conditions yet. ill give that ago ty.

I guess Sli is more suited to FPS shooters etc. IL2 behaves much in the same way as Lockon with SLi activated. I fear it will not, but I hope BS takes advantage of SLI in some way.

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I found this 2 for this problem!

The first one worked for me.

/Config/graphics.cfg

QUOTE...

it is near and middle clip, change to this values, usually does the trick.

near_clip = 0.1;

middle_clip = 1;

This is a known issue with a few people,

and it usually occurs when you mix new vid cards

(nvidia anyway), new drivers, and try to run DX9 games with DX10.

The solution: Force DX9 in DCS: BlackShark.

The method:

1. Right-click on your DCS shortcut.

2. Select 'properties' from the menu.

3. In the 'target' box, rename the shortcut to include "-DX9".

*example* "C:\1C\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\stable\Launcher.exe" --console

would now look like ---> "C:\1C\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\stable\Launcher.exe" -DX9 --console

4. Click 'Apply'.

This should run BlackShark in DX9 now, and as an added bonus, I get a couple extra FPS!

BestRegards:MKC