training mission "engine start procedure" not continuing.

D4n
Go to solution Solved by Maulet,

After certain sentence (flight controls check), he won't continue to say next steps. see .trk. https://ufile.io/kv7njg8t

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I have just tried this and the mission does work, but there is a very long pause after the check of the left aileron

• Like 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Solution

Another problem, apart from some actions sometimes not registering as done...  is Engine Start.... I can't accomplish it. 

Only problem I can think off, is the instruction to "move throttle 1 inch",... not sure I do it right.

edit: haha, human fault, who would expect that? haha

Edited by Maulet

• 1 month later...

Started new topic instead.

I also had engine start problems. Could very well be the same thing. DCS install is fresh (few days), no mods whatsoever. I made a track (about 15 sec). Noted this while playing the "count six blades" routine (to get oil around before actual start).

Note, Spitfire is my absolute favorite. What I describe below is new behavior. 99% certain I would have seen it long ago if it wasn't. I might, and maybe should, make this a separate new thread.

Description.

1) Spawn Spitfire "Takeoff from ramp". Ie, engine stopped and cold.

2) Flip open start and booster covers

3) Hit start and propeller moves.  Release start button. Hit start again, it doesn't move.

This is what my short track shows.

Now the weirdness. This only happens when the first start press is very short (less than a second). If I press first start longer, say 5 sec, it will not happen. Also, it will only happen once. Meaning, if I "Quit -> Fly again", it will not repeat.

The autostart sequence (Right Win + Home) seems to always work when applied after spawn. But ... if autostart is tried after a failed manual attempt (as in the track), autostart will not move the propeller either.

Modules:

[I-16]
[Normandy 1944 Map]
[WWII Assets Pack]
[Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst]
[UH-1H Huey]
[F-86F Sabre]
[Flaming Cliffs 3]
[Spitfire LF Mk. IX]
[P-51D Mustang]

Free Mariana map NOT INSTALLED.

Version, latest as of today.

openbeta/2.7.16.28111/

Downloaded my track (above) and confirmed it repeats as described.

I've had engine start problems that express similar (as if battery low) many years ago. This was after repair I believe . Reported then, but never managed to make a clear concise description and track though.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Downloaded and watched. I'm more surprised that the prop rotated at all, with electric switch off. I though it would mean all systems are disconnected from the battery, but maybe that's not the case? Don't have electric diagram at hand to investigate.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

19 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Downloaded and watched. I'm more surprised that the prop rotated at all, with electric switch off. I though it would mean all systems are disconnected from the battery, but maybe that's not the case? Don't have electric diagram at hand to investigate.

The switch under throttle is only for lights, starter is always connected in spitfire. Battery kill switch if exists, probably accessed only from outside.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

Grafspee has it just right. There is no main battery switch in the Spitfire.

I deliberately skipped every other starting step to keep track as short as possible. No priming, no magnets, no fuel cock ...

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

That's been talked about here before. Apparently ground crews switch battery on for you at the radio/battery compartment before starting up, but the electric switch in the throttle works either after that is already set by ground crews. We just lack the option to ask ground crews to do that and it's already set for us.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice