[REPORTED]AI Pathfinding along roads causes server freeze

Latest OB Update. Having ground units that are set to travel "on road" will cause the server to stop responding correctly. Clients will still be able to fly around, but from their perspective nothing moves and everything is invincible.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Create a mission with a convoy of vehicles moving from A to B, a decent distance apart, set to "on road".

2. Host the mission as a server and get a buddy to join.

3. Watch the server come to its knees when the AI tries to pathfind.

I don't have a .trk at the moment, but if its a bug it should be easy to reproduce. It probably won't affect most servers since bugs with moving convoys like this seem to pop up every other update, so nobody uses them.

EDIT: Alright, after some more testing it seems that existing ground units are also not responding to CA commands.

EDIT 2: Appears to be a similar issue to this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4290798

Edited by Thorimus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I will mark this post reported, it seems to be covered in our other reports about AI path finding issues and fps drops.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2