TGP Slaving to Waypoint

TomCatMucDe

Can't say I have any problem with that. TGP slaves to steer points for me.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

but how can you do it? for me the TGP is boresighted and cant slave it to the WP.

Are you in Ccrp mode?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Yes, sorry, you need to be in CCRP mode for it to work. Don't know if that will change during EA or not.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

In ccrp mode, when i touch slew button, selected wp goes like crazy

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

In ccrp mode, when i touch slew button, selected wp goes like crazy

Make sure TGP MFD is SOI, not HUD.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Ok I will check that.

If i accidentally do that, is there a way to go back original waypoint?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

I made a quick test, even tgp is selected as soi (white square around its mfd) and other screen is not selected but showing hsd, steer points were manipulated

Youtube

I've been having the same issues for a month! I cannot get CCRP to work. CCRP is selected in GBU12 profile and TGP is SOI. The waypoint moves on HSD but the HUD cursor is stuck at boresight. When HUD is SOI any cursor movement brings the TGP back to boresight. There is a CCRP designation line but that is stuck at a indefinite constant around 82 degress not aligned with the HUD cursor. It's driving me nuts!!

I have had the same issue. TD box fixed in hud, but able to slave the tgp around.

Doesn’t happen all the time though. No way I could reset it back. Changing master mode neither.

But what really breaks my nerves is the steerpoint keeps getting manipulated by slaving the tgp. Way to often I reset my tgp and then the steerpoint is lost forever.

No snowplow or cursor zero ?

stevie

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

CO 1st.ROF Netherlands 322 Sqn.RAF.

"Niet praten, maar doen!"

Founded '97 in Warbirds

i7-7800X - 16GB - GTX1070

X56 Rhino - TrackIR5 - TM Pedals - Rift S

I made a quick test, even tgp is selected as soi (white square around its mfd) and other screen is not selected but showing hsd, steer points were manipulated

Yes Steer points will be manipulated. Thats how it works currently, this is WIP and will change once the proper steerpoint/SPI system is finished.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I've been having the same issues for a month! I cannot get CCRP to work. CCRP is selected in GBU12 profile and TGP is SOI. The waypoint moves on HSD but the HUD cursor is stuck at boresight. When HUD is SOI any cursor movement brings the TGP back to boresight. There is a CCRP designation line but that is stuck at a indefinite constant around 82 degress not aligned with the HUD cursor. It's driving me nuts!!

The jet must have at least one pre-defined steerpoint thats set in the mission editior. It sounds like you're trying to fly a jet with no steerpoints. With the current WIP way ED have the steerpoint/SPI system working that doesn't work as they are one and the same thing. No steerpoint = no SPI = No ability to plan attacks to a point etc. In the mission editor give the jet at least 1 pre-planned steerpoint/waypoint and then once airborne set it to AG Master mode, Set the delivery mode to CCRP and the TGP screen to SOI and it should work. Yes you will be moving the steerpoint as you slave the TGP around but thats because the aircraft treats the steerpoint as the SPI.

All of the above is subject to change when the new Steerpoint/SPI implementation comes out.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

I have this issue as well and I'm sure that I have a steering point defined. I have been learning CCRP bombing with a friend and I suffer this problem but he doesn't, so I can't use this bombing mode at all.

I have this issue as well and I'm sure that I have a steering point defined. I have been learning CCRP bombing with a friend and I suffer this problem but he doesn't, so I can't use this bombing mode at all.

The steerpoint has to be made in the mission editor, it cannot be programmed into the jet once in the sim. Also TGP only slaves to steerpoint if you're in CCRP.

Proud owner of:

Then what about on MP servers where other F-16 pilots say they have no issues using CCRP? I'm tired of being blown off and told its because steerpoints, or I'm not in CCRP mode, etc. I have watched video after video, read the guide, etc. CCRP just flat out wont work for me.

Then what about on MP servers where other F-16 pilots say they have no issues using CCRP? I'm tired of being blown off and told its because steerpoints, or I'm not in CCRP mode, etc. I have watched video after video, read the guide, etc. CCRP just flat out wont work for me.

CCRP is WIP. Just accept it.

CCRP is WIP. Just accept it.

I'm not one to complain because I knew I was getting EA but that's a cop out. I'd be o.k. using a work around but even that doesn't always work. I lase a target and my target point is 200 to 300 meters beyond where my MFD is lasing. To no surprise it lases the point past the target and not what I'm looking at in the MFD so the bombs attack a random piece of turf. I may be out of context but seems like he was just asking for a little assistance to enjoy what he has bought and not a just deal with it answer.

I'm not one to complain because I knew I was getting EA but that's a cop out. I'd be o.k. using a work around but even that doesn't always work. I lase a target and my target point is 200 to 300 meters beyond where my MFD is lasing. To no surprise it lases the point past the target and not what I'm looking at in the MFD so the bombs attack a random piece of turf. I may be out of context but seems like he was just asking for a little assistance to enjoy what he has bought and not a just deal with it answer.

Providing your INS is aligned properly it sounds like you're suffering from this bug.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269191

Note that it shouldn't effect where the TGP lases but only should effect the Target location indicator in the HUD. Depending on QNH, it will either appear above or below where it should be, making it look Long or Short. Still even with the erroneous idiciation in the HUD I can lase targets and hit exactly where my laser is locked with no issues.

Proud owner of:

The jet must have at least one pre-defined steerpoint thats set in the mission editior. It sounds like you're trying to fly a jet with no steerpoints. With the current WIP way ED have the steerpoint/SPI system working that doesn't work as they are one and the same thing. No steerpoint = no SPI = No ability to plan attacks to a point etc. In the mission editor give the jet at least 1 pre-planned steerpoint/waypoint and then once airborne set it to AG Master mode, Set the delivery mode to CCRP and the TGP screen to SOI and it should work. Yes you will be moving the steerpoint as you slave the TGP around but thats because the aircraft treats the steerpoint as the SPI.

All of the above is subject to change when the new Steerpoint/SPI implementation comes out.

Does this mean in MP on a server I can't actually laser Bomb with TGP if there are no preset F16 Waypoints ? :(

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Does this mean in MP on a server I can't actually laser Bomb with TGP if there are no preset F16 Waypoints ? :(

Yes. But Hopefully most mission designers know this and add 1 point that you can move around as you wish as a SPI/SP

And obviously this is a temporary situation until the SPI implementation is finished.

Proud owner of:

Yes, master.

Silverholt, I've PMed you. I can get you sorted out.

Proud owner of:

Silverholt, I've PMed you. I can get you sorted out.

Why don't you share your solution. I'm sure there are people here that would appreciate it.

Why don't you share your solution. I'm sure there are people here that would appreciate it.

Solution? CCRP/TGP/LGB works fine for me, so I want to have a private discussion with Silverholt about what they are doing that is different from me so we can figure out whats causing it. I will post any useful findings.

Proud owner of: