TGP Slaving to Waypoint

TomCatMucDe

Yes. But Hopefully most mission designers know this and add 1 point that you can move around as you wish as a SPI/SP

And obviously this is a temporary situation until the SPI implementation is finished.

funny thing though :smilewink: :

If you "Right Alt + J" .. -> exit the plane as player and re-enter the plane again with "Right Alt + J" the slewing around of the TGP as SOI and laser target designation works and I can hit the target...

seems like a DCS hack here, but of course not satisfactory ..

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Solution? CCRP/TGP/LGB works fine for me, so I want to have a private discussion with Silverholt about what they are doing that is different from me so we can figure out whats causing it. I will post any useful findings.

Fair enough, but I don't know how it's working fine for you. It's plagued with difficulties with steer points being moved, created and deleted, targetting point is off, etc.

We are informed by ED that a lot of this is WIP.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Deano87, I have tears of joy!!! Sorry, I tried replying to your messages but wouldn't send for some reason. Of course the cause was my own dumb user error. I checked my INS procedures and found out was still following old procedures that was changed while I was on a hiatus. I should be waiting to "RDY" to flash not just to appear under INS. I'm an idiot. Thank you so much for helping me find my error.

Deano87, I have tears of joy!!! Sorry, I tried replying to your messages but wouldn't send for some reason. Of course the cause was my own dumb user error. I checked my INS procedures and found out was still following old procedures that was changed while I was on a hiatus. I should be waiting to "RDY" to flash not just to appear under INS. I'm an idiot. Thank you so much for helping me find my error.

Glad you got it working! And yes I did get those PMs, it doesn't save it to the sent folder as default for some reason.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Fair enough, but I don't know how it's working fine for you. It's plagued with difficulties with steer points being moved, created and deleted, targetting point is off, etc.

We are informed by ED that a lot of this is WIP.

As I mentioned earlier the targetting point issue is a new bug that I reported when it came out. It is only related to the HUD presentation and does not effect where the laser is firing.

Yes the steer point gets moved, I've already been over the reason for this, we are currently dealing with a combined steerpoint and SPI, so if you move the TGP to a new location it also moves the steerpoint there. This is the same for all of us. All I do is just use steerpoint 1 as my TGP steerpoint which I move to my other steerpoints using the HSD as reference. Or if I'm making a mission I will add 2 steerpoints over the target zone and use the first one as the TGP point to move around and the second of those steerpoints as a reminder of where the target is. Using the HSD its pretty easy to recenter it back over the target if needed. I know its not ideal, but apart from the above small annoyance I'm really not having any issues with it. Its lasing just fine and as long as I do my part with a good release its hitting stuff with no problem.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.