Could we have the editor option to disable scoreboard?

Minni

As the title says, I'd argue hiding the scoreboard for all players would lessen the quakeish playstyle in missions it's not called for and it could also be used to hide any human players joining the opposing side adding a level of surprise to some missions for sure.

Added option would be to show the scoreboard upon landing/server quit/death etc so those who care about the score would get their satisfaction if the mission maker so chooses.

This has been mentioned on and off on the forums and Discord but the Wishlist search turned up results no newer than 2018.

• Like 4

As the title says, I'd argue hiding the scoreboard for all players would lessen the quakeish playstyle in missions it's not called for and it could also be used to hide any human players joining the opposing side adding a level of surprise to some missions for sure.

Added option would be to show the scoreboard upon landing/server quit/death etc so those who care about the score would get their satisfaction if the mission maker so chooses.

This has been mentioned on and off on the forums and Discord but the Wishlist search turned up results no newer than 2018.

+1 :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would be all for a server level option to disable the scoreboard. +1

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

+1

http://dcsfinland.fi/

Dcs: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, MiG-21bis, M2000C, C-101, AJS-37, F-5, MF1, Bf-109K4, AH-64, UH-1, Ka-50, Mi-24, FC3, SC

System: i5-13600k@P58,58,57,57,56,56/E45 Asus TUF 3080Ti OC 12gb, 64gb DDR5 5600cl32, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBrD, Warthog throttle with deltasim slew, MFG Crosswind, DIY ”UFC”, 3x TM MFD’s

• 2 months later...

I literally thought about this when I clicked on this subforum and then saw your post.

+10000000

Removing the list of the enemy aircraft gives so much more depth to a mission since parf of flying is getting to ID aircraft that are nose cold. This is such a simple feature that could add so much more depth to mp gameplay !

image.png

Hiding the scoreboard will not affect player behavior, it's very naive to think it will @@

I think it is naive to think that it wouldn't. The scoreboard makes it possible to confirm kills in situations where you shouldn't be able to with absolute certainty - say, BVR in IFR. Sure, you can see if the enemy disappeared, but that's no guarantee that he is dead. Not knowing for sure ought to keep a player more on their toes. That is a definite behaviour change.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

@MMJ

Conceded. I was referring to the air quake mentality mentioned, I've been playing online games a long time and never seen presence/lack of consequences significantly alter behavior. Some players are aggressive killwhores and others are cowardly/risk averse with others inbetween, but the extremities are personality traits not related to game mechanics :p

But yeah, you're right, lack of kill confirmation would indeed affect behavior significantly.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

If you fly an a2g mission in a striker aircraft in a multiplayer server, you can constantly check if there are any players in enemy fighter airplanes spawning. If you check the slot selection screen, you even get inflight the information from which airport they will depart. Hiding the aircraft list / kill count and making the slot selection list unaccessible when in cockpit can help alot with immersion and intel about the other side, allowing for more supprise attacks and more realistic gameplay in the end.

Flying nose cold actually can then actually make a difference by not giving your aircraft type and its effective missile range away instantly.

image.png

I agree. The reason people “cheat” it makes them feel like other people look at their score and say Wow!!!

Get rid of scores, gets rid of cheaters. They will get bored and crawl back to their penthouse magazine.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2020 at 8:09 AM, Mr. Big.Biggs said:

I agree. The reason people “cheat” it makes them feel like other people look at their score and say Wow!!!

Get rid of scores, gets rid of cheaters. They will get bored and crawl back to their penthouse magazine.

Incorrect. The main reason people cheat is the lolz, especially if somebody rages. It is rarely about ''score''.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2