JDAM 800ms Pickle delay

AvroLanc

As per real life, JDAM should always have a 800ms delay from pickle consent to actual weapon release.

It was even acknowledge by Wags in one of his first JDAM videos, but JDAM release is still instant. Could this be changed? Detail details.....been bugging me since forever.

Also, there should be a minimum of 300ms between JDAMs in quantity release.

Edited by AvroLanc
  • Like 1

Also, there should be a minimum of 600ms between JDAMs in quantity release.

According to documentation I have, the minimum release interval is 300ms, but 800~900ms for the first JDAM in the ripple. Minimum release time for 4 JDAMs should be no less than 1.7 seconds.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

+1 again.

Has this been considered by the ED team? Last push for Hornet might see the remaining JDAM functions getting looked at.

Surely the pickle delay (800-900 milliseconds) and quantity release interval (300ms), would be an easy addition. A10 and AV-8B have this pickle behaviour already.

• Like 3

• AvroLanc changed the title to JDAM 800ms Pickle delay
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 5:12 AM, escaner said:

Maybe this should be posted in the bugs section for better visibility. After all it is an implementation inaccuracy.

"Implementation does not match reality" is not a bug. 

Well, I posted it in the Bugs section and it got absolutely NO attention. Not even a [No Bug] tag or any attention, unlike most other issues posted there, it was purposely ignored. Maybe I was purposely ignored.

Whatever.....Hornet's about as complete as it's going to get gents. So much for improvements suggestions. Even if they do come across as a little demanding, it's all in the course of a better product. I'm done with the Hornet for a while, coincidentally, much like ED.

53 minutes ago, AvroLanc said:

Well, I posted it in the Bugs section and it got absolutely NO attention. Not even a [No Bug] tag or any attention, unlike most other issues posted there, it was purposely ignored. Maybe I was purposely ignored.

Whatever.....Hornet's about as complete as it's going to get gents. So much for improvements suggestions. Even if they do come across as a little demanding, it's all in the course of a better product. I'm done with the Hornet for a while, coincidentally, much like ED.

Dunno if you tried to pm mods, but if not you can try that. They are nice guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.