Fight terminating without obvious reason or ... maybe not?

I am struggling with BFM and 3x F4E's fight. In the first engagement we start at 24k ft. Of course he always finds me first and it's always on my ass, ok no problem. By time I make him overshoot we are down to 15,000ft and when I am just about to snipe him there's TERMINATE, TERMINATE call. Really annoying, happens each time, no idea why.

Then I recycle to freaking INDIA and then I wait couple of minutes for second fight (burn my precious fuel in the meantime).Second guys show up again, same story he is on my rear and then this guy usually hits the floor. TERMINATE TERMINATE again score for red team and you got to RTB? What happened to the third F4E, ran out of fuel?!

Ok then the give you waypoint Jason, TACAN 94X 95/35 or something like that. Of course this TACAN never works. In order to make to Nellis with almost empty tank I head south once pass the cage. I land ... and then nothing. Next round I am again with these same F4E's.

Can someone help me understand what exactly is going on here?

@Emmy - Yes the Hard Deck is 100' AGL.

I suspect the OP was talking about the first mission against the 3 F-5Es as the mission against the F-4Es is only a 2 ship.

BlackJack should call out if someone breaks the hard deck and then you will get the terminate call. If you want to avoid that keep the fight in the horizontal and at a higher altitude. The current AI tends to boom and zoom and can break the hard deck when diving down at you.

You can also read our hints and tips post to help with the dogfights. If you try and get on their tails in full ab you will quickly run out of fuel. The best approach are deflection shots when they streak by you.

Please let us know if you have further questions or any issues by posting to the forum or emailing us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com.

Thanks.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thank you guys. I think first fight was terminated due to some sort of timeout so this time a let him hit the deck before timeout kicked in. I managed to snipe second one, so I am finally through F4's and and through F-14's as well :). I am dealing with M2000 now. Thank you Sabre for those hints and tips, very useful stuff.