Flying C-17 AI aircraft

By changing 'humancockpit=no' to 'yes', its is possible to fly AI aircraft in Lock-On.

However, when I try to fly the C-17 Cargo, it's like it has only the power of a Cessna-178.

By further manipulating the take off weight in the MEinit.xml, I finally managed to take off, using the longest RWY available (Simferopol). Weight then was down to 10% of the MTOW.

When the AI flies this bird, it accelerates much better. So where is the trick ?

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Specifically, it has the power of an Su-27. In other words, barely the power of a single one of its engines, if that. That is the trick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The su-30 is the only one that comes close, engine performance wise.

And didn't the fuel fraction decide how well it would handle, so you could meint a su-27 and set a MTOW of 300000 and if you adjust the fuel reserves accordingly to let's say 94000 kg, then you'll get the same performance as the vanilla su-27. Don't know if this is true, I did some testing a while ago just to make the b-52 less of a pig, forgot about the outcome though.

If you like, you an do some testing, see which values work best, just keep in mind that setting max fuel to 100kg won't do you any good (with unl fuel on). Argh, I give up, there was some kind of 'trick' to make the B-52/C-17/otherheavies have reasonable performance, but it's not setting max weight to something low and not setting max fuel to a ridiculously low value.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I did something like this when I tested the C-17A:

<Plane CLSID="{3782913C-BA3A-4CD9-B9DC-2DCBE6B8F656}" Cannon="yes" EmptyWeight="1000" HumanCockpit="yes" MaxFuelWeight="8000" MaxHeight="13715" MaxSpeed="648" MaxTakeOffWeight="265350" Name="C-17A" Rate="100" WingSpan="51.76" WorldID="47" singleInFlight="yes">

(from my memory, I reseted the values already back to what they were before)

Funny, that all cargos are armed by default: Cannon="yes"

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Yep, that's what happens when you use the humancockpit=yes Mod. Any AI jet that you fly using this Mod will have the power of the default Su-27, thus big jets fly like bricks and small jets (like F-5) fly like a rocket sled. The Devs added the code in FC to allow this Mod to work at all (it wont work in v1.02).

The reason that the Mod was introduced was to allow movie makers to have more control over "AI" jets in the air when making movies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Is there any way at all to make this work in 1.02. When i try it it taxi's ok but cant takeoff. And when in the air it drops like a rock. Ailerons and elevators have no influence but for some reason rudders do.

Is there any way at all to make this work in 1.02. When i try it it taxi's ok but cant takeoff. And when in the air it drops like a rock. Ailerons and elevators have no influence but for some reason rudders do.

No, it cannot be done. The code that makes it possible to work was only added by the Dev's in Flaming Cliffs. Get FC, it is real cheap nowadays....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....