[NO BUG]Cannot match Tutorial

Hunter_K

Following the instructions provided in the above video...

I have been unable to reproduce results with any of the GBUs. Thus far, I have had no issues with dumb bombs, cluster bombs, HARMs, Mavericks, JSOWs, or really any weapons including air-to-air.

I was flying singleplayer in a very basic mission containing nothing but me, the map, and my armament on DCS steam edition. VFA-122 scheme.

This is my first time using the forum, so bear with me if I make a posting error here. I've been using Eagle Dynamics stuff since LOMAC and the original Black Shark standalone. I have had no issues using the DCS Harrier, Tiger II, Dora, FC3 modules, Combined Arms, etc, etc.

I KNOW I have to be doing something wrong, I just don't know what.

I have a couple more tracks that are also attempts of the same thing, which I can attach to additional posts if necessary.

My computer is an MSI somethingorather laptop with a RTX 2000 series, i7 gen 9, 32G RAM. I use a Logitech 3D pro. I do not use or have HOTAS, just mouse, keyboard, and stick.

tempMission.miz.trk

Edited by Hunter_K
Adding computer and controler specs

From a quick look before the plane flew into the ground (tracks in DCS have a reputation for this), I think the issue is that you have code 1588 set for the LGBs in the weapons screen (left DDI), and 1688 set for the laser (showing in the right DDI)

Edited by hornblower793
Typo

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• ED Team

Hi

Hornblower is correct, you are setting the wrong laser code.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Umm... That track was bad, I suppose.

So... Yeah, I have had this issue with the tracks in the past where the world just seems to not function and it does not track inputs. So I am just going to go through my bombing procedure I have been using. I think my setup is correct, and the issue may be in how I am trying to release the bombs or use the laser. My procedure is as follows.

Pre Weapon Setup:

- ECM ON/RCV

- Countermeasures BYPASS

------------

1. Master Arm ON

2. A/G selected

3. Left DDI- STORES

4. FLIR ON

5. LTD ARM

6. LST ON

7. Right DDI- FLIR

------------

On Left DDI

8. 84LG selected

9. UFC- QTY 2, MULT 2

10. MODE - AUTO

11. MFUZ OFF

12. EFUZ INST

13. CODE 1588, STEP, CODE 1588

On Right DDI

14. UFC-> LTDC CODE 1588

15. RAlt+/, Diamond appears (I believe this is right on a controller on the HOTAS, which I do not own, so I use the shortcut for it)

16. Target Centered on FLIR Screen

17. TRIG boxed

18. Trigger SECOND DETENT: HOLD

19. PICKLE/WEAPON RELEASE

I have encountered two results:

- bombs release but do not track the laser

- bombs fail to release

I am stumped. I have never encountered an error that was not me missing a detail (like the last two digits in an eight-digit grid coordinate), so I have no reason to believe this is the game's fault. But I am pretty clueless what I am missing here.

Hi

Hornblower is correct, you are setting the wrong laser code.

Thanks

Edited by Hunter_K
Just adding in a quote beacuse I am not sure if anyone will read the new reply otherwise.