Why heatblur not participate ?

hanab

Our apologies that we do not partake in the free month, but since we just had our sale and a free weekend last month, we decided not to partake in another sale right afterwards.

In general we try to keep our sales not necessarily tied to ED sales, for one, because one takes away attention from the other, for second it is nice if you have goodies spread out through the year and for last, with only 2 fairly new and very new modules available vs around 40, mostly seasoned ones, managing sales poses different challenges for us than for ED.

In no way has this decision to do with greed or money however, I hope our brought portfolio as the largest community sponsor in DCS proves that as well. We try to give back as much as we can and we will continue to do so. Thank you for your kind understanding and most importantly: your incredible support!

We hope you stay safe in these times and that you enjoy the free month at its fullest.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Our apologies that we do not partake in the free month, but since we just had our sale and a free weekend last month, we decided not to partake in another sale right afterwards.

In general we try to keep our sales not necessarily tied to ED sales, for one, because one takes away attention from the other, for second it is nice if you have goodies spread out through the year and for last, with only 2 fairly new and very new modules available vs around 40, mostly seasoned ones, managing sales poses different challenges for us than for ED.

In no way has this decision to do with greed or money however, I hope our brought portfolio as the largest community sponsor in DCS proves that as well. We try to give back as much as we can and we will continue to do so. Thank you for your kind understanding and most importantly: your incredible support!

We hope you stay safe in these times and that you enjoy the free month at its fullest.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Well, it does not have to be a sale.. You let it free for a month. If liked, could be bought for a normal price.. I missed the last one. It was a day long i guess and I could not make it.

I was really wondering about the Tomcat. But it's quite expensive for saying ''it's not my thing'' and let it rot in the drive.. Trying it for a month would be long enough to decide if you get well with the machine.

I was little disappointed -no offense- but in that exact moment i saw that you're not participating, i just asked : Why???

I'm pretty sure you have your reasons businesswise. After all, it's your sweat, blood and tears, you can do whatever you like with it!. Just saying!

Stay safe out there!

Hi!

I understand your position regarding sales. Even though the idea of ​​ED is great for us consumers, I think for you, the developer, it's much more complicated to manage.

However, I would have really liked to see Heatblur participate in the possibility of testing your modules for a month. The previous trial period only lasted two days and you know like us that it is too little and left more than one perplexed if I can say unfortunately.

You are an excellent developer in addition to being very attentive to us, to respond to all our messages, your modules are really perfect! offer the possibility to those who have not yet understood it or who do not dare, to see like us :D

Sorry for my bad English :p

Unfortunately I also missed free trial two days for F-14. I also understand that HB probably doesn't have ED resources. But, it would not be bad to try such an airplane for just a week. However, I agree HB's decisions. Maybe in the future there will be another chance.

Best regards.

I really would have loved to try out (and maybe buy) the Viggen, as I keep reading all these positive messages about it, but there hasn't been a 2 day trial for this module (or can anyone point me when that was?), nor can I try it this month

Not meaning to moan about it, just wondering why we didn't get the opportunity to try the (by now also seasoned :P) Viggen

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

We will definitely give you another chance to try it in the future. When and how I cannot say yet, but I think it is also nice if not everything comes at once.

The year is long, and there are so many great modules etc to try and buy right now, we really recommend you do that, they are not to be missed imo.

I will also see if we can make the next free weekend a prolonged one. Please understand however that for the first couple years, in our niche market new modules unfortunately struggle to break even. The investments are enormous and the return is very limited. Hence we need to be careful, that these new modules do not get cornered into a sales-shopping mechanism too early. For older modules which broke even on their investment that does not matter that much anymore, but for new modules that can be very hurtful to the business. It is also different if you have a large portfolio of around 40 modules, then this effect is mitigated somewhat. And while it is definitely not about money, or greed, we still must make sure that the business remains healthy. Not only so we can bring you new modules in the future, but also so we can maintain the existing ones. In the end, and contrary to other games, we basically signed a life long contract: every two weeks or so there will be an update that requires our attention, hopefully for a long long time to come. So we are all in it for the long game and have to make compromises unfortunately. Thank you for your understanding.

In any case we hope that you enjoy the free month to the fullest!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Wow, now that's a quick reaction! (some other 3rd party developers can learn from this :smilewink:)

Thanks for the explanation IronMike. Good point on spreading the joy over the year. I must admit I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the "free" stuff now. I feel like a child in a candy store, who's drowning in candy. "ju... ju.. just have to taste 'em all! :fear:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I think you're missing an opportunity with this big sale going on. I understand the thinking around not wanting to devalue your product so early in its life cycle but, if you look from the point of view of a customer, there are currently several ED aircraft to try (and eventually buy) and then there are Heatblur modules that we can't even test.

I have personally installed almost all modules that ED are offering at the moment to help me make my mind up when it comes to purchases. As we all know, there are a lot of quality modules to choose from so if I end up buying one or two or three then that's me pretty much set for quite some time and I won't even be thinking about buying F-14 any time soon. If you offered your modules on free trial, however, it could have been your product that I buy and not someone else's.

Niche market or not, you have to remember that $80 for one plane is a lot of money. In fact, it's more than any AAA title on its release day. I'm a software developer myself so I understand the costs very well but even I cannot justify spending so much money based on pictures or YouTube reviews.

I'm sure many will disagree but I think you would be selling far more units if you lowered the price and didn't stick to the current pricing policy. I guess it's always the "sell more for less" or "sell less for more" choice. I as a customer obviously prefer the former one :)

Either way, I hope you rethink your policy before this sale ends and give us a nice surprise when the two weeks of 50% discounts come so that you don't miss out on some potential sales!

We will definitely give you another chance to try it in the future. When and how I cannot say yet, but I think it is also nice if not everything comes at once.

The year is long, and there are so many great modules etc to try and buy right now, we really recommend you do that, they are not to be missed imo.

I will also see if we can make the next free weekend a prolonged one. Please understand however that for the first couple years, in our niche market new modules unfortunately struggle to break even. The investments are enormous and the return is very limited. Hence we need to be careful, that these new modules do not get cornered into a sales-shopping mechanism too early. For older modules which broke even on their investment that does not matter that much anymore, but for new modules that can be very hurtful to the business. It is also different if you have a large portfolio of around 40 modules, then this effect is mitigated somewhat. And while it is definitely not about money, or greed, we still must make sure that the business remains healthy. Not only so we can bring you new modules in the future, but also so we can maintain the existing ones. In the end, and contrary to other games, we basically signed a life long contract: every two weeks or so there will be an update that requires our attention, hopefully for a long long time to come. So we are all in it for the long game and have to make compromises unfortunately. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for quick answer! I'm looking forward to get my my hands on Tomcat!.

And a general complaint - not at all critics on ED or you!- but it's sad to see game developers /companies lost the spirit of ''try and buy'' hence the demo releases. Chasing free play times is not very handy if you have a life outside gaming..

Take care all!

I would like to see in future more of "free weekend" periods, more so than -50% special sales.

Where each module could get 1-2 times a year that possibility for those who want to test it. Two days is nice period to download 1-3 GiB and be able try.

But I agree as well that offering special sales to often is harmful as it lowers reason to buy otherwise at normal price. It becomes like those daily cheap stores that offers everything in sale, and you get just lower quality junk than more expensive stores offers. That in spirit.

When it ain't away from me, I could buy anything I want without second thinking by money wise, I understand the cheated feeling that some people get when suddenly their purchased module goes to better sale after purchase.

And the early access idea and especially pre-purchase was to offer a loyal users mean to get better price of module until it gets released to early access and then while after getting out of it (like -20% for pre-order, then full price for early access period, and 6 months after completed release it gets -20% or -33% sale, this after couple years early access period. And then it can be periodically in special sales like christmas and summer sales). But when pre-orderers and early access backers pay more than sudden early access period mega sale (-50%!!!) then it just ain't fair for those who made pre-order for backing up production.

It is same as going to store and buy X for 100% and then after you walk out of store, the store starts -50% sale for that product....

It just causes problems between customers relationships, just like going to keep mega sales multiple times a year like "every two weeks" as you can't be sure when is wise time to invest money to something as if it's price drops just tomorrow.

This is normal market dilemma, one seller offers 1 kg carrots for 4,50 and then around the corner you get them for 3,20.

Or you walk past seller that offers 1 kg for 2,50 and then come back minute later after checking what others prices are and seller decides to pull offer plate front of your nose.

Those who needs to carefully check their outcomes, don't feel so happy for it. And those who as well seek fairness, don't like about it.

For me it is that I buy something I like, I need or I want and after I get it, I don't care anymore if someone gets it cheaper later or from some other place than just near by. And I even pay extra sometimes to support those who are needing it, like locals or craftsmen's etc. But I avoid those who starts to raise prices just because they become trendy or think that they are offering something special but they don't. As then it becomes like cheating tourists, or children's, elderly and like...

As producer responsibility is not just to get money from new customers, but as well maintain relationship to existing customers too. And it is difficult to do.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Take it from someone who has followed the Tomcat F14 development from day one, and has owned the module since day one of early access.

I have been an on and off DCS flier for many, many years. (Many more than this most recent forum registration account shows).

If there was only ONE DCS World module I would recommend without hesitation, ONE module that you should purchase without a free trial, at full price and with no regrets, then it would be the DCS F14 module from Heatblur.

I do not say this lightly, and I have been critical of both Heatblur's and ED's work in the past and will continue to be if it will improve the experience of us users and the end product.

One very important caveat:

*very important*

Please check PC requirements before purchasing this or any other DCS module.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

If there was only ONE DCS World module I would recommend without hesitation, ONE module that you should purchase without a free trial, at full price and with no regrets, then it would be the DCS F14 module from Heatblur.

Definately this. I bought it at day one and would never regret it. But recommending it to others, there are still some who would like to try it out first or wait until it's 50% off. So I see it would have been great it it was part of the free month even without any rebate. If there will be future trial periods that are more than just a weekend, it's totally fine though with the plus side you're out of the "everything half off now + free trial" phase, so potential customers can clearly concentrate of that one or two modules without having to consider all the other ones. And they might get some of them now and HB's later on without having the need to decide twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I would be very happy if Viggen enters the promotion on Steam again next month. I don't even complain about the F-14 as it is a very recent module. Thanks!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

No offense to your decision, but that makes it even harder for me to understand, why the Viggen wasn't participating in the first, nor why it isn't in the second trial. (at least for a fraction of the time)

I have met very few Viggen pilots so far, which frustrates me a little bit.

The reason why people don't buy it, so I hear most of the time, is that the design an philosphy is so different from other designs.

And people don't buy what they don't know and can't unserstand, especially with all those US models and their similiar philosophy being in the game.

I have the assumption there would be fewer to loose/risk, with the Viggen beeing the older modell you developed.

More people could see that it is maybe that different from other designs, but in a good way.

I wanted to show the Viggen to some friends. Now I will fly it alone for quite some more time I guess.

Nevertheless, all the best wishes from my side for the future.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Take it from someone who has followed the Tomcat F14 development from day one, and has owned the module since day one of early access.

I have been an on and off DCS flier for many, many years. (Many more than this most recent forum registration account shows).

I do not say this lightly, and I have been critical of both Heatblur's and ED's work in the past and will continue to be if it will improve the experience of us users and the end product.

One very important caveat:

*very important*

Please check PC requirements before purchasing this or any other DCS module.

I agree, don’t matter if you don’t try/buy them at this time. It is just like the corona was as a pandemic. It is not a matter of if but a matter of when. Soon you’ll be like most of us who owns most of the modules and be excited about every updates lol.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

It's not an on/off button. The conclusion of this thread can't be buy/don't buy/only matter of time.. We are not questioning the quality of the product here. Especially NOT Heatblur's way of doing things.

You buy an aircraft not a t-shirt! The way it handles, it's systems, the era and the technology of the respective era. How does it compare to newer jets? Is it complicated like Hornet?

Will i hate it like i did the F-86? Am i capable of flying it? ? Is it resource hungry for my ''on the limit rig?'' These are the questions i can answer only by me after a while of trying it.

Let's think you want to buy a car. It's very well made by a known company. You get inside you can't find any mistakes but still you think it's not the right one for you! May be you are a very tall person you can't sit comfortably! May be you got used to your previous car and hope to find some feeling of it but you can't - In that case what Warthog is for me- No matter what the reason is... Would you blame the company? Or you would think you have a different taste than others ( which is the case most of the time, that's why we all don't drive the same cars)

Sorry for the babbling but ''the ONE module to rule them all'' is not a very helpful sentence when you want to TEST an airplane.

Stay safe!

Nobody is asking for a discount. At least i'm not. We just want to test it out before buying. I wouldn't buy a new car without a test drive. A lot of us missed the two day free trial. We just want another chance to try it. Just make it for a week if a month is too long.

Keeping the price undiscounted can gain you sales you wouldn't of had before another free trial and you won't lose a dime.

People are frustrated because of covid-19. A free trial helps put a smile back on our face.

Buzz

I give my full support to HB's position here.

Though not having any of their modules I am eager to try the F-14B soon as there's a free weekend again.

At the moment (April 2020) ED had the decency to open all their modules for free trial and this, in my opinion, sort of mitigates the real status of their modules which lack so much development.

While having the chance to try both the Hornet and the Viper I am quite disappointed to know those modules will take so long to be complete.

And to know my favorite aircraft is the Viper!

Thus I believe its much smarter for all of us to pay the right amount for a more finished product such as HB's Viggen and Tomcat.

At the end of the day we will be supporting professionalism and encouraging dedication to deliver something good.

So, right now I am not willing to spend a few bucks on the F-18 or F-16 just because they are on sale, and even the F-16 being so cool to fly the rest is just not there...

Much better to spend 80 bucks on the Tomcat soon as it's open for trial (cuz I missed the previous date as well).

My humble thougts... :thumbup:

Edited by bdromeira

i5-9400F | GTX 1660Ti | 16gb RAM | 500gb SSD | TrackHat | TM 1600M Hotas + Pedals

A very good point is brought up here and should really been raised to ED. The possibility (or even need) to try before buy.

I have tried a few modules and can now confidently conclude that some of them will never enter my (old and deprecated) system again, either because I really didn't like it or it could not run smoothly. Others that I previously never considered buying are now plausible objects for reducing my economical status.

If you ask me, I would much rather buy a module full price if I had the chance to evaluate it first, than paying half the price at one of the regular sales runs without knowing if I would like it or if I even could run it ("Buying a pig in a poke")!

As it is now I always wait until the next sale.

Hopefully ED will find these free trial runs good for business and change the sales runs to free trial runs.

Skickat från min F5121 via Tapatalk

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I have most other modules. :pilotfly:

I would of liked to try the Viggen. It wasn't available to try last time.:( Its one I have been on the fence about for a while.

Its been around for a while so I though it would of been included. I can understand the F-14 not being on the free trial or on sale but the Viggen could of got a run & being the only DEV not participating kinda doesn't look good.

This free trial & sale is also about trying to get new people in to the comunity that wouldn't of tried it other wise.

I brought the F-16 in the last free trial mostly be cause ED gave me a free go of it & to just say thanks.:notworthy: :thumbsup:

Sometimes if you just show a little good faith it can go along way. Especially at the moment when most of the world is at home with a hell of a lot of time one there hands. :holiday:

As for the price of the modules I some times have to wait until they are on sale.

For a US$80 module you can almost double that for AU$ So as a family man I cant justify spending almost $160 :crazy: on a module.

I'm not saying some of the modules are not worth the US$80 I think they are. But I've got to be able to convince the minister of love, war & finance (The misses) & that I fail dismally at:doh: