Why heatblur not participate ?

hanab

We hear you guys, and personally I agree, free trials and/or demos are a good thing, and it is a pitty demos have mostly but vanished from the industry. As a gamer/simmer myself, I know they have led me to many purchases. In DCS the problem is feasibility for demos, like how should that be? No Jester in the demo, only aim9s, haha - or: a limited free time with it, most likely - which makes free trials just the much better option of course.

And as I said, we will have free trials again, we have absolutely no issues for you to try our stuff first, it's a senseful request, even if in general not a practice in the industry anymore. We will have them soon again, for both Viggen and Tomcat, and we will give you a prolonged weekend at least, so you have more than 2 days with it. That's a promise.

We will most likely do it after the free month though, so you guys can now concentrate on these modules, and give them your best, knowing that you will not be missing out on Tomcat and Viggen, knowing that after you hopefully had a splendid time this month, you'll be able to try more.

And while we have to manage discounts in order to keep the business sustainable, please know that you matter to us more than any money could. What we do, we do for you. Without you, all of this would not exist. There is no single moment, where we would ever forget that.

Stay safe all in the meantime, hopefully we will get through this corona soon, but I am optimistic: look how much we can achieve, if we all work towards a common goal. Do not dispair, some of what we see reminds us of how much greatness is in all of us, in each and every one of you. We will weather the storm. We will get through it.

Enjoy the free month everyone.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks IronMike,

My personal thought is that having recurring free time with modules, something in line with first weekend each month.

In a bigger picture, from ED's point of view, first weekend each month every player could have access to all modules but only chose two or three to try each occasion. After trying two or three, they would have to wait until next month to try anything else.

This way everyone knows there will be opportunities to try before buy within reasonable time intervals (might be important for flight sim newcomers), we can compare modules in case we can only buy one and we will be forced to some extent to choose more carefully and hopefully more though thru (i.e. what we are serious about eventually buying) due to the limit.

This is of course more directed to ED, but if you as a third party could arrange something like this, it would be a start.

And again, if I got the possibility to try, I would happily pay full price.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

We hear you guys, and personally I agree, free trials and/or demos are a good thing, and it is a pitty demos have mostly but vanished from the industry. As a gamer/simmer myself, I know they have led me to many purchases. In DCS the problem is feasibility for demos, like how should that be? No Jester in the demo, only aim9s, haha - or: a limited free time with it, most likely - which makes free trials just the much better option of course.

And as I said, we will have free trials again, we have absolutely no issues for you to try our stuff first, it's a senseful request, even if in general not a practice in the industry anymore. We will have them soon again, for both Viggen and Tomcat, and we will give you a prolonged weekend at least, so you have more than 2 days with it. That's a promise.

We will most likely do it after the free month though, so you guys can now concentrate on these modules, and give them your best, knowing that you will not be missing out on Tomcat and Viggen, knowing that after you hopefully had a splendid time this month, you'll be able to try more.

And while we have to manage discounts in order to keep the business sustainable, please know that you matter to us more than any money could. What we do, we do for you. Without you, all of this would not exist. There is no single moment, where we would ever forget that.

Stay safe all in the meantime, hopefully we will get through this corona soon, but I am optimistic: look how much we can achieve, if we all work towards a common goal. Do not dispair, some of what we see reminds us of how much greatness is in all of us, in each and every one of you. We will weather the storm. We will get through it.

Enjoy the free month everyone.

Thank You!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I have a question about the Tomcat. I'm pretty much fed up with ED and the EA planes. I've waited forever for the Hornet to be complete and now it seems it will be well into 2021 for that to happen. Like a dummy, I bought the Viper and it's even worse.

At what stage is the Tomcat? Sorry, but I haven't kept up with its development.

Buzz

I have a question about the Tomcat. I'm pretty much fed up with ED and the EA planes. I've waited forever for the Hornet to be complete and now it seems it will be well into 2021 for that to happen. Like a dummy, I bought the Viper and it's even worse.

The F-14B is basically finished. The only feature I'm still looking forward to is Jester AI operating the LANTIRN pod. But tbh I do a bit of software myself and this feature seems like an extraordinarily difficult thing to develop so I'm not holding it against HB that it's taking them so long to do. In the meantime, human RIOs are perfectly capable of using every LANTIRN feature.

Ok, that made my decision for me. I had no idea it was finished. Too bad ED can't get it done as fast.

Ok, I get the stimulus payment next week. We're supposed to spend it and that's what i'll do. I'll get the Tomcat grip and base from VKB too. I'll have to think about what throttle to use.

Thanks.

Buzz

Good point! I was exactly thinking the same, especially after the last ''hopeless'' roadmap update.

Ok, that made my decision for me. I had no idea it was finished. Too bad ED can't get it done as fast.

Ok, I get the stimulus payment next week. We're supposed to spend it and that's what i'll do. I'll get the Tomcat grip and base from VKB too. I'll have to think about what throttle to use.

Thanks.

The Tomcat released as EA more finished then the Hornet is currently. It was a 1st day buy for me and I haven’t regretted it for a second. It’s a work of art. The only thing I suggest is that if you’re using a lower end system the half resolution cockpit textures improve performance significantly.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

+1 - it is an awesome simulation to fly and incredibly satisfying when you get it right

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The Tomcat released as EA more finished then the Hornet is currently. It was a 1st day buy for me and I haven’t regretted it for a second. It’s a work of art. The only thing I suggest is that if you’re using a lower end system the half resolution cockpit textures improve performance significantly.

Gentlemen, why are you doing this to me? Not in this thread and throughout the whole forum? I am trying to make my shopping list within allocated money and every time I manage to make it right, add module, scratch out "bad" one I always hit some talks about how unfinished the module is. I bought Hornet as it seemed to be more-or-less finished. And ... once again :mad:

Is there even a finished module? I am already scared to look into treads for Ka-50 and A-10C as it seems every major module I have ever purchased is faulty. Mig-21, M2000, now Hornet. Harrier was already dropped from my purchase list, F-16 is about to suffer triple eject.

sorry, off-topic, do not please take it as some flamewar bait, I've just suffered another dream destruction :D

Back to thread: I hope there will be test of F-14 / Viggen soon. Especially the latter one as it is in my scope now (to keep my sanity: Is at least Viggen finished?)

I love Tomcat, but for now I'll stick with Hornet

As there was some question about "demo" and how it could look like: What about some kind of the restricted module? Just the default map ,no online, nor campaigns, instant actions etc. You can do the training, go through some simple flying and weapons testing in defined test missions and that's it.

Maybe even the possibility of the paid rental - you get such limited access for some euro for prolonged period of time.

P.S. So dear Heatblur - there is 1 more guy with some pocket money thinking about one of your products. And with serious distant future interest for the 2nd one. He just don't want another "cat in the bag" (rabbit - what ever else).

Imo only the F-16 has giant gaps. The F-18 has some gaps, but still very usable. All other aircraft are mostly there, including the Harrier and M2000, certainly not enough to warrant ''ejection''. Don't base your purchasing decisions on drama threads and erage. The real determinant is : is the flight model dialed in? If yes (or close) good. Is the aircraft largely combat ready, with most/all major systems you'll need usable and/or ready? If yes (or close) good.

Also keep in mind all the aircraft are subject to updates over time. Complaints people had about the Harrier, for example, six months ago no longer apply, the CTDs were fixed, nav system improved, additional weapon systems added, etc. And be reasonable with your expectations: it's a video game, and it's never going to be perfect in simulating these very complex systems. If you want one that's 100% without any flaws, then go play a different game, because EVERY module has flaws.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Get The Tomcat mate.:thumbup:

What am awesome aircraft. :pilotfly:

Thank you for participating in this conversation @IronMike. Your viewpoint is completely understandable and makes a lot of sense to me.

However, I have a creaky old machine and would love to try out the F14 at some point before I buy. Is there a way of leaving my email somewhere so that I could be notified if you hold another free trial?

Watching F14 on YouTube is like my 15-year old's wildest Top Gun fantasy come true!

Salute!

i5-12400F, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, MSI RTX4060 8GB, 1TB Corsair Pro NVME.

Finally, I can run DCS!!!

To be honest, I'm a little bit disappointed.

IronMike has stated the reasons to stagger any free trials, yet people are still saying:

"Yeah, but you should be participating." It sounds a little whiny to me.

ED have opened it's considerable doors to all those who are interested. Why not binge on all that free content? IronMike has already said there will be further trials and sales, so why not enjoy what's been offered and look forward to the F14 trial/sale if that's your interest?

I haven't been furloughed, although 70% of our staff have been. I'm still working at the moment, although things are so bad right now that my job is literally hanging by a thread. My company has four weeks to get some orders in or it closes its doors permanently.

Consequently, I am working all the hours God sends to try and generate some work; I don't have the time to gorge on all this lovely content, but it seems to me that people are never happy.

Thank you for participating in this conversation @IronMike. Your viewpoint is completely understandable and makes a lot of sense to me.

However, I have a creaky old machine and would love to try out the F14 at some point before I buy. Is there a way of leaving my email somewhere so that I could be notified if you hold another free trial?

Watching F14 on YouTube is like my 15-year old's wildest Top Gun fantasy come true!

Salute!

Are specs at the end of your comment of that old creaky machine? I have AMD Ryzen CPU, same breed of GPU (within wide range of GPU descriptions) and same amount of the RAM. At least in offline DCS runs fairly OK even when I have some garbage running in the background. I did some short flying in the Tomcat during the test and there were no clear issues. Although it was just freeride no serious testing.

About complains - quite a lot of people are at home, so even if Heatblur decided not to participate in sale, this was good chance to have at least some time for just testing. So at least they could participate in the test itself. For me, it could tip the balance to buy at least one bird in some future.

Are specs at the end of your comment of that old creaky machine? I have AMD Ryzen CPU, same breed of GPU (within wide range of GPU descriptions) and same amount of the RAM. At least in offline DCS runs fairly OK even when I have some garbage running in the background. I did some short flying in the Tomcat during the test and there were no clear issues. Although it was just freeride no serious testing.

About complains - quite a lot of people are at home, so even if Heatblur decided not to participate in sale, this was good chance to have at least some time for just testing. So at least they could participate in the test itself. For me, it could tip the balance to buy at least one bird in some future.

Thanks for replying. Those are my system specs and I had a lot of fun with installing and trying out a couple of modules, Hornet and AV-8B and in free flight, they both ran really well.

I think the problem will come when there's all sorts of opponents and AI and things going on. That's my next test, but I was really pleasantly surprised by how well it ran and how good it looked.

I guess that from my position, trying out some of the other modules means I can wait for the F14, but I appreciate that not everyone wants to! :joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance Heatblur will attend the extended trial period, announced by ED? :music_whistling:

Hey, I can try, can't I! :P

(would really like to give the Viggen a try)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

You guys make me smile every day (in a good way). Really, nothing is as important as your kind interest. We totally get it, we hear you. But as I said, we rather wait till after the ED trials, so that now you can concentrate on these. We will have trials shortly after the ED trials end, which means you get more trial time overall and can concentrate better on each of the modules you try out. Rest assured, our trials will come, for both Viggen and Tomcat.

In the meantime enjoy all the rest! Tomcat and Viggen won't run away, that's a promise, hehe.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

You guys make me smile every day (in a good way). Really, nothing is as important as your kind interest. We totally get it, we hear you. But as I said, we rather wait till after the ED trials, so that now you can concentrate on these. We will have trials shortly after the ED trials end, which means you get more trial time overall and can concentrate better on each of the modules you try out. Rest assured, our trials will come, for both Viggen and Tomcat.

In the meantime enjoy all the rest! Tomcat and Viggen won't run away, that's a promise, hehe.

:thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

As a customer and supporter I'll also point to the fact that, as of today, two fundamental issues are degrading the Tomcat experience: those being damaged VR performance in 2.5.6, and broken MP carriers since the aborted Supercarrier release patch.

The F-14B has far and away the best VR-native cockpit in DCS, and with some players noting a 30% drop in frames all around with the visor on, that is a significant blow to the Cat. Similarly, the visceral nature of carrier operations is a substantial selling point, and the inability to take a new pilot or RIO out to the boat damages the MP experience, and ultimately the ability to show value for the price.

Cobra mentioned that last point as part of his explanation of why HB declined, and while some may not want to hear it, its true- perception, and return on value for both parties, matters. Third parties lose 30% off the top at a minimum playing in ED's sandbox. Taking a 50% haircut off retail before ED takes their slice now means they have to sell two copies on the DCS store to meet that single retail sale, and three over on Steam. Every one of those second or third customers required to make what they've defined as their break even point is a customer that they've now lost the opportunity to prove that the module is worth the price they've set.

And that calculus is made even worse when the module isn't able to be presented in it's best light by the current status of 2.5.6.

So as IronMike states- this gives everyone the opportunity to look at what ED and the other third parties have on offer. And ultimately, it gives ED the chance to get their ducks in order so that when the time is right for HB to let the Tomcat and Viggen have their free showings, they'll be at the top of their game. In doing so, everyone wins- HB with more sales, ED with better percentages, and players with the best opportunity to show it off, get their friends involved, and be confident in their purchase.

Guys, the last time we had a Tomcat simulator probably was Microprose Fleet Defender. This baby is THE star, as well as the hidden F-14 Album by Meteor in the cockpit ;) Ppl nag way too much as if they‘d rather wanted to spend another 20 years with Falcon 4.0 & BMS. Open beta means Open beta, Stable means stable and VR... don’t get me wrong but it’s a overpriced Beta hardware with a lacking support to take some workload off our computers. It’s all in the making and I’m glad, every damn day... to have lots of modules I was dreaming of for decades!

Remember Fighter Bomber for Amiga or Jane‘s Fighrers Anthology (ATF + US Navy Fighters)? Finally we get all the birds as detailed as possible in one world. Bugs yeah, will always exist since testing for ages without sells by some ppl is economically plain stupid, we do this since there are many more of us. Early Access? Well, many nag about it, I feel happy to be part of it.

Just be patient and be happy. It’s an amazing sim with a long road ahead of it.

EDIT: Heck you can even buy the HOTAS grip of your favourite aircraft.... not for all modules but still cool.

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder