Grungy Civilian Paint

Sport

Hey all, so I'm making some "civil" type missions and am looking for some skins for Mi-8s that you'd likely find on a helo used out in a farm-type mission. Grungy, paint flecking off, etc. There are some weather'd Yaks that fit the bill, which I am using, but am also looking for some generic, "rode hard and put away wet" Mi-8s to throw in as well. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sport

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

This livery looks amazing :D. Can't wait to download it. Very nice weathering, again.

I am using your Civilian SAR livery in the new Helicopter SAR server. I guess is my favorite SAR so far.

Would you mind if at some point I "copy/redo" the color scheme/pattern and create a similar one but with letters in cyrillic alphabet?

Best and thanks for all that work so far with Mi-8 and Yak-52. You are really productive :]

• Like 1

I'm not fully happy with it and I'll probably revisit it at some point but in the meantime, here it is: Mi-8 Worn Out

If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know

yryCvqN.png

W97jCag.png

QplmBls.png

This livery looks amazing biggrin.gif. Can't wait to download it. Very nice weathering, again.

I am using your Civilian SAR livery in the new Helicopter SAR server. I guess is my favorite SAR so far.

Would you mind if at some point I "copy/redo" the color scheme/pattern and create a similar one but with letters in cyrillic alphabet?

Best and thanks for all that work so far with Mi-8 and Yak-52. You are really productive :]

Thank you!

No problem if you want to redo/edit the skin, I probably still have the .psd file somewhere if you want

Downloading !!! Very nice details you have added, rust leaks/stains work great, and color/part patches also. :thumbup:

About the PSD of the SAR Civilian... That would be just great, I need basically the Flat Paintwork Color so I can replace my USSR Afghan camo color layers and do the trick without mayor headaches :]. I am setting up the seamless templates with my Dust and Scratches layers AO and Rought met maps, however cleaning my messy PSD files is taking me ages and it is indeed really tedious. I hope I can share them someday...

If you do not mind, just a little question:

Why you do not use the PBR workflow (seems that nobody does so far but me for the Mi-8 :cry:)? I see you still use spec. You do not like the results with PBR RoughMetAO map?

Workflow-SPEC.jpg

Notice that Spec workflow, no idea about why... It leaves some awful marks in the places armor should be.

Workflow-PBR.jpg

With a custom AO map using RoughMetAO this does not happen.

*I understand you and MacadamCow are the same person, right?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...