Unlimited fuel & unlimited ammo toggle

HawaiianRyan

Would like to see an addition in the mission editor for unlimited fuel and, separately, unlimited ammo in the same way there's an invulnerability flag you can toggle.

Would help a lot with training flights and special mission behaviors (e.g. maybe you want to simulate a large, fast, long-range cruise missile using something like a MiG-31).

• Like 6

Would like to see an addition in the mission editor for unlimited fuel and, separately, unlimited ammo in the same way there's an invulnerability flag you can toggle.

Would help a lot with training flights and special mission behaviors (e.g. maybe you want to simulate a large, fast, long-range cruise missile using something like a MiG-31).

Check the dcs option page under gameplay, unlimited weapon and unlimited fuel are right there for you to tick.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Check the dcs option page under gameplay, unlimited weapon and unlimited fuel are right there for you to tick.

This idea is for flag, so you can have specific unit to get in specific moment either one like you can do with invulnerability.

Right now if you enable unlimited ammo, then all units has it all the time.

If you enable unlimited fuel then all have full load of fuel that doesn't get consumed

So we need way to switch a flag for specific time, unit and group that they get unlimited fuel (fuel consumption goes to zero, so you can even fly with 5% capacity of fuel as extremely light fighter) or they don't anymore consume weapons (if they have used 4 of 6 missiles, you can keep launching those 2 left as they get replacing while flag is active but you don't get full 6 load).

We as well need a new three flags as cheat.

1. Set fuel state in percentage immediately. So we can set flag to set fuel from 23% to 65% or from 40% to 15%. This is to test flight characters or simulate impact and sudden fuel drop etc. Would be nice to have as well control of fuel flow in leak, like you would get a fructure to fuel tank and it leaks at X rate fuel outside.

2. Weapon replace flag, that allows to immediately reload existing loadout, load existing saved loadout in the air. This would allow easy testing of various loads without landing or switching aircrafts etc. As you could trigger to switch or reload as wanted.

3. Damage multiplier, that allows to not go from vulnerable <> invulnerable but go from -50% reduction to 150% increase. This one is difficult to program once the new damage modeling comes, but if game mode for specific unit would use old style health bar system as now, then it would allow tweaking damage for specific/individual units/groups/weapons to withstand more fire. Use it to make longer lasting firefights between infantry or extremely weak armored vehicles or super effective artillery and missiles/rockets/bombs like rockeyes.

This would as well help to make DCS game mode more arcade style for those who wants. Like simulate a Ace Combat style flying where one fighter has 100 missiles and 25 bombs, or make missions more realistic where infantry doesn't kill each others in few seconds but will withstand for minutes or hours of fighting.

These would as well help to fight against AI differential fuel flow, like set their flow rate to 0.6 on long leg when they fly in formation with you and then disable once leg is changed back to normal 1.0. (other than have same fuel flow than you when AI join in formation with you).

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

This would as well help to make DCS game mode more arcade style for those who wants. Like simulate a Ace Combat style flying

I don’t think hardly anyone plays “game mode” in DCS. People who want that style of gameplay are going to go play Ace Combat. Seriously why would anyone pay $80 for a fully realistic F-16 and then play arcade style with it?

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

+1

I don’t think hardly anyone plays “game mode” in DCS. People who want that style of gameplay are going to go play Ace Combat. Seriously why would anyone pay $80 for a fully realistic F-16 and then play arcade style with it?

Ask my brother..

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1

Ask my brother..

Game mode doesn’t make sense in DCS, the people who want that style of gameplay don’t buy high fidelity sims like this. Why ED includes it is beyond me.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Game mode doesn’t make sense in DCS, the people who want that style of gameplay don’t buy high fidelity sims like this. Why ED includes it is beyond me.

Again, tell that to my brother...

And seriously Sharpe, curb your projection - the DCS user base is probably not as homogeneous as you think it is.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 year later...

I agree with the original poster -- having such a tool would make the life of mission designers and server managers a lot easier.

For example... We could have one flight of 4 with unlimited ammo and they could be for BFM practice (missiles respawn).

Then we could have another flight with limited ammo for going to the bombing range and dropping your 6 mk82s and strafing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

I also agree that this should be an option. It allows for easier testing and longer, specific training. Though I don't think that respawning a different set of weapons in the air is really feasible to implement. Changing fuel load and consumption rate I can agree with. Weapons not being consumed, too. Though it's really a niece request.

Also game mode is a broken mess. I don't think DCS is the type of game you spend money on just to do game mode. Some people do, but I doubt it's many. Though that's of course hard to say without supporting data.

1 hour ago, FalcoGer said:

Also game mode is a broken mess. I don't think DCS is the type of game you spend money on just to do game mode.

IIRC ED has stated Game Mode is going away. Right, this isn’t the type of sim to have a “game mode” in. It’s a waste of resources IMO

Until we get better AI/ATC, I absolutely want unlimited fuel options for AI. They don't know how to takeoff and form up properly. Three and Four will use copious amounts of after burner and RTB before the rest of the flight. I'm finding that this can spoil AI strike missions from Al Dhafra to Jiroft. Restrict AB doesn't always seem to work, and I'd rather not have to add an army of tankers if it's not necessary. It would be much simpler to just turn on infinite fuel until the flight of four get into formation, then turn it off.

• Like 2

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, SharpeXB said:

It would be nice for the AI Tankers on a Training Server...

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Yes, please! (Just ran into the issue. Can't believe this isn't in there!)

Even if there's no interface and it needs to be scripted, that'll do. (Or is there already a way to access that via script?)

Edited by SMH

• 6 months later...

Such features (automatic in air rearm and refuel) would be useful to create mission for practicing Air Combat Maneuvering with friends. Reentering a holding area to refuel and rearm and get ready for another intercept would feel much better than ejecting after every turn. Naturally you could RTB but it would make training much less concentrated practice. Learning and practicing stuff and then see it all come together when you play a bigger mission with other people is the best part of DCS in my opinion.

So I'd love a "GROUP REARM" and "GROUP REFUEL" as a trigger action.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Also want unlimited fuel option for AI (maybe in action - command drop list), otherwise it's a headache to design a deep strike mission with AI. 

• Like 2
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump @BIGNEWY

Any idea on this?
I had a similar issue in making a mission recently.

We do have the "Unlimited Fuel" now.
It would be nice also having "Unlimited Ammo" as a similar command.

On top of that as a very next level nice to have would be to have certain pylons unlimited while other wouldn't.
It's quite a niche, but it would add some options for mission making, especially when making missions for training environments.

If not per pylon, it would be nice to have a "Unlimited AAM" and "Unlimited Weapons" distinction.
Unlimited for AA missiles to simulate captive missiles that still get "launched" for the PK calculations. (immortal players)
Have it all working in scripts now, PK miss/hit etc.
Only thing that's missing now is a flag for unlimited weapons.

From top to bottom of fine graining. Any would do for me personally.
Group -> Unit -> MissileType -> Pylon

Ps. Happy Holidays all 🙂

Edited by dutchie_031

9 hours ago, dutchie_031 said:

Unlimited for AA missiles to simulate captive missiles that still get "launched" for the PK calculations. (immortal players)

Well for that we could just have the CATM's and other training weapons fire simulated rounds, maybe with a toggle option for visibility, and a training only option for the BDA. That's probably the only think I'd use the BDA for as it's a real immersion breaker in actual missions.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 2 weeks later...