[REPORTED]Control names

Dagger52

IMG_2161.thumb.png.14b1c0ebe7c39774a0ec545648c6d1c7.png

I’m having this issue that the controls and with that also the cockpit help is with this strange names.

My Fw190A8 has the same issue but not with so many controls and I noticed that the sight brightness adjustment in the Anton is named bf109k sight

I already tried to delete my input folders and the default input in the DCS main folder. After that I ran a cleanup and repair.

Update

I’ve tried to remove the default lua of the 109 again (because the wrong names are in there as well)

And I ran a repair

First the torrent download default lua still wrong

Second try the http download with the same result

Anyone knows if the lua file is downloaded or generated?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Edited by Dagger52

Deleted the default.lua in

D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Input\Bf-109K-4\keyboard

And cleared and repaired dcs with no success

Is this file generated or where get it it’s information from?

maybe my file where all these controls or mappings are stored is bugged

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

@Dagger: It's strange but on my system the command names are correct.

As you are located in Germany I suspect your DCS World is installed with "German" selected. Mine is English, and that's probably why I cannot reproduce your problem.

Your screen shot shows the "internal" command names in the "default.lua" of the Bf-109. The Bf-109 is one of a few modules where ED has implemented a smart but complex method to facilitate localization (local language version). The internal names are used to look up the user language names in a file with suffix ".mo" for the language you have selected during DCS World installation.

Do you know about other German users who get correct Germand command names?

PS: I wished ED would go back to the original approach where the "default.lua" has the local language names. It would make it easier to understand the data which is essential for modding. The approach which they have taken for the Kurfürst, the Spit and the Yak adds unnecessary complexity which, as we see, can cause bugs.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

[REPORTED]Control names

@Groove

I deleted all the l10n folders in my dcs because there was none for the 109 (just fw190a8, f16 and some more)

Did not made a difference after cleanup and repair

@LeCuvier

My dcs is English ingame but I think my installation was in German I changed it one day in a lua file

@Groove

I deleted all the l10n folders in my dcs because there was none for the 109 (just fw190a8, f16 and some more)

What about the folder structure under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\l10n"?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

That's very seltsam!

I have the following folder structure "...\DCS World OpenBeta\l10n\en\LC_MESSAGES" and in the folder "LC_MESSAGES" 5 files with the suffix "mo". The one that causes your problem is almost certainly the file "input.mo". I attach a zip file with the 5 files. If you feel like it, create the folder structure and extract the 5 files into the folder "LC_MESSAGES".

Viel Glück!

LC_MESSAGES.zip

LeCuvier

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/28/2020 at 12:26 PM, LeCuvier said:

That's very seltsam!

I have the following folder structure "...\DCS World OpenBeta\l10n\en\LC_MESSAGES" and in the folder "LC_MESSAGES" 5 files with the suffix "mo". The one that causes your problem is almost certainly the file "input.mo". I attach a zip file with the 5 files. If you feel like it, create the folder structure and extract the 5 files into the folder "LC_MESSAGES".

Viel Glück!

LC_MESSAGES.zip 50.28 kB · 39 downloads

This worked, thanks! It must be the language change that causes this. Just like Dagger52, I initially installed DCS in different languge (might have been automatic based on my region) and changed it to english later.