RADAR and framerate issues

Shibbyland

Hi All,

Upgraded my PC recently, 32GB RAM and a much more powerful GPU. Well and truly able to run DCS on reasonably high settings except for one aircraft...the MiG-21 with the RADAR on.

Does anybody know what I can tweak to prevent that happening without ruining the appearance of the rest of the game?

When I first bought the MiG I didn't have these issues.

Thanks

Experiencing the same thing but only in the viggen. Mig's radar is fine for me.

Sent from my JAT-L41 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Wow just learning this bird. Radar fps is absolutely horrible and to be honest not acceptable every few seconds frames drop by 40ish. to mid 30s. With track ir it is close to unplayable. Playing on R 5 3600 and 1070 Ti. Is there fix planed or anything for it ?

We're both aware and working on it for a while now. Since there was nothing to further say about that, I did not comment. Once I know that fix is coming, I will bring the news ;)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

We're both aware and working on it for a while now. Since there was nothing to further say about that, I did not comment. Once I know that fix is coming, I will bring the news ;)

Hi Hiromachi,

Thanks for commenting. I did a lot of trialing with different graphics settings yesterday to see how if I could find something which made it better.

High vs low settings made no difference. The framerate dropped to around 20-30 at times with RADAR on even with low settings. I am typically achieving 100+ FPS on mostly high settings with the RADAR off.

Also, I didn't have issues back when I was using a Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 but have recently upgraded to Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super.

If it helps, RAZBAM's MiG 19 also has framerate drops with RADAR on but they are nowhere near as severe. Also, the MiG 19 has an option in the settings to have the RADAR give a static display as oppose to dynamic display. This purportedly eliminates FPS drops due to RADAR. Is it possible for you to implement something like that?

We did not have those issues with radar performance until some time ago. If this is affecting other modules than it could be some issue of more general nature. Still, I dont want to speculate but will forward your input ;)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

I would like to add my voice to this problem as its happening to me as well.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I have a GTX1060 (6GB) and on Persian map and I don't have frames drop using radar. Tested low altitude over city. Today, if I remember, I'll try on Caucasus over trees.

I'll also post my graphic settings so you can compare.

Could this be because of radar reading trees? They are very heavy on system just for displaying them. Imagine calculating radar bouncing.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies if this has been posted already, but the issue appears to be with certain recent Nvidia graphics drivers; this is why some people have said they don't see any framerate drop.

If you roll your system back to an older-but-still-recent driver (I'm using 442.19, for example), the problem will go away with no noticeable negative effect on performance in DCS or other games.

You win this thread Brown Floyd, at least for me that's made a huge difference (360% improvement in performance). Fingers crossed it doesn't wreck my performance of other games I play but the MiG 21 is flyable again.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, thats precisely what we're trying to do with new radar / gunsight system but as stated in an update, we need EDs cooperation in order to provide actual solution and fix. Temporary solution is to revert to older Nvidia drivers. I fly in VR and I'm using 442.50 from Feb which seems to help a lot.

Whoever is experiencing it and notices solid FPS drop, please provide the track if possible. Just a short track from flyby when you try the radar on /off. We need it for internal review.

This is happening on "Stable Release" as well. I have not yet tried rolling back Nvidia drivers and currently I am using the most recent.

Please provide a track from the stable release, so that we can send it to ED

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

I have a amd rx 5700 and afaik i have not noticed any radar fps issues. Is there a specific mission one should test?

It's likely specific to Nvidia GPUs. At least is associated with a change in their drivers.

I have a amd rx 5700 and afaik i have not noticed any radar fps issues. Is there a specific mission one should test?

Seems to be nVidia specific, as Hiromachi stated, but if you're still interested? Just turn on the radar and point it at the ground. I'd do tests against water, open ground, and more building dense ground.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!