VPC WarBRD Base Mount Question

skybaby68

Hi. I’m using the TM Warthog Throttle with the F/A18 Hornet Stick which is mounted to my GT Omega seat and cockpit frame by Obutto base mounts.

I’m interested in upgrading my TM base with the VPC WarBRD Base as I’ve read its a good combination with the Hornet grip but apparently the base screw fixing dimensions are different therefore I would need a base mount to connect it to the cockpit frame.

Here’s a quick video I made recently showing my setup exampling the base mounts I’m using.

Basically I want to know if anyone knows of a WarBRD Base mount out there that connects to a frame.

Thanks for any help.

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

Don't know whether the Monstertech mounting plates would fit

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Don't know whether the Monstertech mounting plates would fit

I know that the Warthog base screw fitting dimensions are 60mm x 60mm whereas the WarBRD Base is 69mm x 111mm

Wow ������ ... 87 dollars plus international shipping for a single mounting plate. That’s horrendous.

Ok thanks

Where did you get this price? I find this hard to believe considering Foxx charges 87.50 for a whole mount.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

Where did you get this price? I find this hard to believe considering Foxx charges 87.50 for a whole mount.

Straight from their website under ‘cost’

Pair of mounts - $175

Single mount - $87.50

Straight from their website under ‘cost’

Pair of mounts - $175

Single mount - $87.50

That's not a price for the plate, it's the price for a whole desk mount. Just the adapter plate would be much cheaper.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

I did a similar switch from a Warthog base to a WarBrd, in my case on a Wheelstand Pro mount. My DIY solution was a piece of 5/8" MDF drilled through (with countersunk holes) for the WarBrd screw pattern. I attached it to the bottom of my WarBrd base using long machine screws (M4 if I recall), then just used wood screws to go up through the Wheelstand Pro Warthog mounting holes into the MDF "base plate."

I used a $5 piece of pre-fab MDF shelving, available at any home improvement store. A little paint on the unfinished edges and it didn't even look as hillbilly as it sounds. :)

Hi. I’m using the TM Warthog Throttle with the F/A18 Hornet Stick which is mounted to my GT Omega seat and cockpit frame by Obutto base mounts.

I’m interested in upgrading my TM base with the VPC WarBRD Base as I’ve read its a good combination with the Hornet grip but apparently the base screw fixing dimensions are different therefore I would need a base mount to connect it to the cockpit frame.

Here’s a quick video I made recently showing my setup exampling the base mounts I’m using.

Basically I want to know if anyone knows of a WarBRD Base mount out there that connects to a frame.

Thanks for any help.

Question: Have you checked the VPC universal base plate?

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-universal-compact-base-plate.html

It would slightly change the footprint - but eventually that can be solved with file ...

I do not know how is now your joystick mounted to the stand - whether through the standard holes or some adapter.

But this universal baseplate is described to be compatible with the TM Warthog thus it should have 60 x 60 mm screw holes. Probably compatible directly with your stand.

Little warning - I googled dimensions just to see and while diagrams shows this plates with 12 holes (I suppose - 4 for Virpil, 4 for TM and 4 for mounting) the picture on their webpage shows only 8 and lacking are the inner ones that should be for TM.

Thus check but it could be your way to go.

Otherwise buying piece of aluminium plate and looking for the workshop able to drill the proper holes for you should not be a dead end - if you have not tools to do it yourself.

I am quite sure that if I send dimensions / drawings to companies that offers laser / plasma / water cuts of the metal and plastic plates it would cost me less than Virpil's plate plus shipping.

But this universal baseplate is described to be compatible with the TM Warthog thus it should have 60 x 60 mm screw holes. Probably compatible directly with your stand.

Little warning - I googled dimensions just to see and while diagrams shows this plates with 12 holes (I suppose - 4 for Virpil, 4 for TM and 4 for mounting) the picture on their webpage shows only 8 and lacking are the inner ones that should be for TM.

It is compatible with the Warthog base as well as with the WarBRD base. I think even with the T50, but not sure on that. I got 2 universal baseplates and bored up the mounting holes to make one match the mount rail of my simrig and the other one to fit stronger M6 screws instead of M5. Not a big deal.

Measures are in mm:

attachment.php?attachmentid=226455&d=1580670457

974448001_Centerstickmount.thumb.JPG.059071695864bf267ba6ab1814ba504a.JPG

1964052787_Sidestickmount.thumb.JPG.8fb969e44eec4ad1f5b1e3ec4b15808d.JPG

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2