AUTO to CCIP in Prog 2

theIRIEone

During a multiplayer flight the other day i noticed that AUTO TO CCIP in Program 2 is not working.

Am i wrong in thinking that it should work equally as in Program 1?

My A2G loadout was 2*MK-83, i set up 2 programs, one for single release and one for multi release.

JTAC asked for 2*MK-83, so i selected Prog2.

Arriving at IP i designated the Target WPT, and that's where things started to go unexpected:

Rather than having the DDI Stores Page displayed CCIP and the HUD displayed AUTO, as per Wags' AUTO to CCIP video, the Program switched to indicating AUTO as well the moment the WPT was designated (i only noticed that later on when watching the recording of the flight).

Obviously, when undesignating the WPT, the release mode didn't revert to CCIP and i had to switch manually.

I did not test if Prog 1 is working as intended at the time, but in Prog 2 it behaves unexpected to me.

Edited by theIRIEone
specifying DDI page

Yes, programs are just quick ways to go between preset employment parameters, bombing modes should not act differently based on the program selected alone.

I’ve never had/noticed displays showing me different symbology on the same employment. If CCIP was the selected program, I’ve always seen AUTO symbology on the HUD/HUD Repeater with a designated target, and undesignating has always reverted to CCIP on both as well.

Thanks for confirming what i was thinking.

I should've pointed out that when i wrote DDI, i was referring to the DDI Stores page displaying the release mode in the active program, not the HUD Repeater.

Will edit in the OP to be more clear.

That makes more sense, tracking now!

I’d honestly have to take a look at that again... in the real jet we don’t do that intentionally, so I can’t say I’ve ever looked at it there either, just the expected HUD symbology I talked about.

I just tested this. It kinda works. I designated the target first before going to A/G mode.

The programs were set before T/O. The Prog1 was set to CCIP and it displayed correctly when I pressed A/G button, both on HUD and Stores. I cycled through all 5 progs and all of them showed correct symbology.

Next, I undesignated my target while remaining in A/G mode. I had prog1 selected (CCIP). When I re-designated the target prog1 switched to Auto. I think the programs should remain the way they were programmed.

Just tested this. Airstart Hornet with Mk 82. AUTO to CCIP doesn't seem to work at all (regardless of program). If I'm in CCIP, as soon as I press WPDSG, it sets both the program and hud to AUTO. When I press undesignate, it doesn't go back to CCIP.

On another note. If I WPDSG, and then manually go to CCIP, I still see the designation diamond in the HUD. This is very convenient, however, Wags specifically states in the AUTO to CCIP video (2:38 ) that there is no way you're able to do this in the Hornet.

Just tested this. Airstart Hornet with Mk 82. AUTO to CCIP doesn't seem to work at all (regardless of program). If I'm in CCIP, as soon as I press WPDSG, it sets both the program and hud to AUTO. When I press undesignate, it doesn't go back to CCIP.

On another note. If I WPDSG, and then manually go to CCIP, I still see the designation diamond in the HUD. This is very convenient, however, Wags specifically states in the AUTO to CCIP video (2:38 ) that there is no way you're able to do this in the Hornet.

Tested it too, exact same results.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

When you're in AUTO mode, A/G on, the HUD shows correctly as far as I know. You'll see AUTO on the right side of the HUD. Now, if you put your TDC priority on the HUD you'll see the reticle you can use to designate your tgt via HUD. You have to use pickle button not TDC to designate via HUD. Once you designate the ASL line pops up along with the rest of AUTO mode symbology.

If you undesignate the target with the pinky you'll go back to the aiming reticle and you're still in AUTO mode. This part works fine right now. If your program was set to CCIP and you designate the target by any means it will switch to AUTO. Undesignating the tgt would probably bring you back to CCIP since this was your underlying mode. I haven't tried that part yet.:)

Hahaaa i did not even test that yet. But i agree, that should not be possible as per Wags' video.

Thanks everybody for confirming AUTO to CCIP being bugged at the moment, guess i'll post a bug report referencing this threat.

EDIT: Bug report was already posted, i simply added to it

Edited by theIRIEone

It is possible to be in CCIP release mode and have the target designated if you switch to it without un designating (pinky). If you undesignate, of course - no target diamond.

The mech. should change a little once we get AGR (a/g ranging).

Wags should chime in if he's not too busy. He knows how far this thing will be implemented.

Edited by Gripes323
typo, kb battery is low ;)

When you're in AUTO mode, A/G on, the HUD shows correctly as far as I know. You'll see AUTO on the right side of the HUD. Now, if you put your TDC priority on the HUD you'll see the reticle you can use to designate your tgt via HUD. You have to use pickle button not TDC to designate via HUD. Once you designate the ASL line pops up along with the rest of AUTO mode symbology.

If you undesignate the target with the pinky you'll go back to the aiming reticle and you're still in AUTO mode. This part works fine right now. If your program was set to CCIP and you designate the target by any means it will switch to AUTO. Undesignating the tgt would probably bring you back to CCIP since this was your underlying mode. I haven't tried that part yet.:)

Respectfully Gripes, you are talking about something different than everyone else in this thread (except your last sentence, where you say you haven't tried it). You are talking about how AUTO works. And yes, that seems to work okay. The thread is about "AUTO to CCIP" which is a completely different thing than AUTO, where your program remains in CCIP but you're temporarily forced to auto by pressing wpdsg. The bug we're discussing is that you currently don't revert back to CCIP after pressing undesignate.

And no, you don't have to press pickle to start hud designation. TDC depress works just as well (in the sim at least).

I don't mean to be disrespectful btw, just trying to keep on topic. :thumbup:

Respectfully Gripes, you are talking about something different than everyone else in this thread (except your last sentence, where you say you haven't tried it). You are talking about how AUTO works. And yes, that seems to work okay. The thread is about "AUTO to CCIP" which is a completely different thing than AUTO, where your program remains in CCIP but you're temporarily forced to auto by pressing wpdsg. The bug we're discussing is that you currently don't revert back to CCIP after pressing undesignate.

And no, you don't have to press pickle to start hud designation. TDC depress works just as well (in the sim at least).

I don't mean to be disrespectful btw, just trying to keep on topic. :thumbup:

No worries, I always get like this after happy hour... no social distancing for me:D

Anyways, I saw it for myself. It will not return to CCIP. The funny part is I complained about not being able to revert to CCIP over a year ago on top of other bugs related to AUTO. It got partially fixed then un-fixed...

• 4 weeks later...