2000s download speed with DCS Updater

Hey,

im trying to update my gamefiles to the latest version..... as i took a bit of a pause its around 35GB update files. DCS Updaters Torrent runs with 264 peers and a DL Speed of 360 kb/s. At that point ordering a USB stick with the Data from Amazon would be faster than waiting for it to complete....

I know that after big updates the download speeds were low but catched up quickly after a couple hours.... this is now ongoing for hours and hours. Im at 10% after 3 hours...

Anyone has an idea or workaround? Is Steam faster and then just Copy Paste files over and let DCS "repair" it?

Try cancelling and switching to http download

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Try cancelling and switching to http download

That fixed it. Seems like the Torrent is extremely slow.... have never witnessed that before (playing DCS since 6 years now.

Im located Munich Germany.

Glad it worked

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I can't seem to get it to switch to HTTP, it just straight up exits when i cancel the download
I think that is because it should now be running by default since torrent has been turned off by C0ff

ah right, that makes sense. It's extremely slow rn, I'm doing a full reinstall and just wanna fly some planes!!! at the current dl speed it'll take like 3 days though haha

Specs: i7-7700, 16GB DDR4, GTX 970, win 10 x64, TM HOTAS warthog.

Modules: F-5, M-2000C, FC3, Mustang, Spitfire, Mig-15, Combined Arms, Black Shark.

I just bought a swag of six modules and have a stack of downloading to to. The updater however, starts off, but then grinds to a total standstill for me.

It starts OK but then within half a minute or less, the speed drops to zero and it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Once it's reached 0 B/s it never seem to resume. My firewall shows four live connections for the DCS_Updater.exe, but they've all been sitting at zero traffic for hours. Tried turning all Firewall and Antivirus off just in case, but nothing changed the behaviour.

There's no more options to switch to HTTP (which going on the above, I'm assuming means it's already attempting HTTP). Cancelling, just exits the whole download and I have to select my modules in module manager all over again and start the entire process each time.

My updater version is 2.9.16.18

Is anyone else having these issues?

i7-6900K, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, G1 GTX 1080, Samsung 950 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2TB, Corsair H115i, Saitek X55, MFG Crosswind pedals, X34 Predator, & a Vive

• 4 weeks later...
Torrents work pretty bad with such a big number of leechers.

We've added some additional HTTP capacity, so I disabled the torrents globally for now.

I'm so sorry for see this.

HTTP download is totally unusable for me. Sincerely, please restart torrent download or I have to give up download.

are you on openbeta or release?

and which region you are located in?

I am from India. I am trying a fresh openbeta install.

The download speeds here are pretty horrific. Not possible without torrents.

Kindly enable torrents. :helpsmilie:

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

This looks very regional dependent, I'm in Sweden and I'm super happy with the changes. With my latest module download I achieved around 300 Mbit/s compared to 20-30 Mbit/s earlier.

Guys with the DL speed problems, please submit support tickets with your region and external IP address. We need those to debug CDN issues.

Thank you.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Done. Kindly solve the issue.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Guys with the DL speed problems, please submit support tickets with your region and external IP address. We need those to debug CDN issues.

Thank you.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Same problem here (germany). Opened a ticket with the requested informations.

Intel i9-9900K @3.60Ghz | RTX2080 | 32 GB RAM | Logitech X-56 | Omen HP-35" (21:9) | Rift S | TrackIR-5

Torrents work pretty bad with such a big number of leechers.

We've added some additional HTTP capacity, so I disabled the torrents globally for now.

Back in the day (LOL) before DCS World there were multiple download locations for Black Shark and A-10C.

Would it be feasible to go back to a regional file download locations?

Then that brings up the question about Dl the modules via the manager in DCS as well. When you log into DCS World the main system it connects with to verify your modules is there just one?

Could that also be set up by regions as well?

I know stop pissing in the camp fire LOL.

Back in the day (LOL) before DCS World there were multiple download locations for Black Shark and A-10C.

Would it be feasible to go back to a regional file download locations?

Then that brings up the question about Dl the modules via the manager in DCS as well. When you log into DCS World the main system it connects with to verify your modules is there just one?

Could that also be set up by regions as well?

I know stop pissing in the camp fire LOL.

Agree.

FYI: For those with DL issues, I will not advertise Brands of VPN PM me here or Find me "Reaper" on DCS Discord if you need the names.

After 16hrs downloading @ 324kms I downloaded a VNP and was able to get my DL speed up to 1.9mbs.

Was strange via the VPN to Dallas TX to the download server I was able to jump the DL speed up to 1.1mbs. But if I jumped it from Dallas TX to France then to the DL server I was able to obtain 1.9mbs.

So I wounder if the two were pinging the same DL server??

When I switched from beta to stable the download was via the torrent and was much faster than the current system, but I understand why ED switched it up. My ISP is blocking my ability to host DCS and have friends join me by placing me behind two layers of privet network. I have another program I use for that as well.

I also know other ISP like mine are throttling down connections to torrent programs and sites (spent 2 hrs talking and made the tech slip up on the phone). So some of you could be having that issue as well.

If that is the case then the ED DL server IP/URL is now flagged as a "Torrent" site per my ISP. So it will always be slow for anyone on my ISP.

So my question to Ed's IT dept. If the above is the case would a change of venue for the DL servers (if your going to stay away from the torrent DL format) solve this issue for the community? IE: IP and/or URL change maybe?

HTTP is no use when you're on limited bandwidth, and if the connection breaks, the downloads have to start from scratch all over again, I lost 7GB worth of a download, that already took 12 hours.

At least with torrents they resumed where they left off, please re enable torrenting after such huge updates.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

• ED Team
HTTP is no use when you're on limited bandwidth, and if the connection breaks, the downloads have to start from scratch all over again, I lost 7GB worth of a download, that already took 12 hours.

At least with torrents they resumed where they left off, please re enable torrenting after such huge updates.

Sorry to hear that.

Continuing the download has some inefficiency with HTTP at the moment, but the fix is in the works.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Sorry to hear that.

Continuing the download has some inefficiency with HTTP at the moment, but the fix is in the works.

That's good to hear

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit