Hornet Roadmap Discussion

Wags

Personally, I think gun sparks at night should be top priority! A/G radar and new weapons can wait until we get those beautiful sparks!

11141515_10205529107819804_51709519_o.jpg

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More systems, AG radar, flight model fixes, data card, proper flare count, ATFLIR, mpcd rockers, etc.

Let's put new weapons on the back burner and get the guts of the hornet up to snuff.

Very happy to hear the team is redirecting its efforts. I own both the Hornet and Viper and as much as I love both aircraft, the Hornet has seniority and needs to get all the lovin' first.

Thanks ED!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Funny to call it "out of early access" with so many announced features missing, excpected tho

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Did they ever promise though?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4160206&postcount=232

Granted, not a very lucky formulation/plan just 4 months ago, but things change and can change quick in the world.

They just changed the definition of EA right in front of your face and you missed it my dude. The issue is the fact that they are playing word games while being "transparent." If they simply said that they are going to have to change the EA complete date (for whatever reason), that would be frustrating/disappointing but it would be an honest answer. Calling something complete when it is clearly not out of EA and now labeling it a "sustain" process is disingenuous at best.

Hi ED,

I know it was probably discussed to death internally, but can you please reconsider focusing on ATFLIR. It's the main TGP the Hornet uses, and most of us would like to operate from the boat with a reasonably realistic loadout. Not to mention it was listed on the product page since it was released.

The second thing I would like to know is if you have a plan to release those missing items in 2021, or is it just an estimation. You stated finishing the hornet will slow the viper development. How can we be sure you won't slow the hornet development so much during 2021 that you won't meet your goals?

Some of the features listed to be added next year are very important.

They just changed the definition of EA right in front of your face and you missed it my dude. The issue is the fact that they are playing word games while being "transparent." If they simply said that they are going to have to change the EA complete date (for whatever reason), that would be frustrating/disappointing but it would be an honest answer. Calling something complete when it is clearly not out of EA and now labeling it a "sustain" process is disingenuous at best.

“Everything is subject to change”

nothing disingenuous about it, just need to take that sentence much more seriously.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Didnt miss anything, and Im not defending. Im just not surprised or disappointed, nor do I feel cheated and mislead, Just stating they didnt promise a milestone date, and they never stated what out of Early Access meant- at least not something I remember seeing?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

“Everything is subject to change”

nothing disingenuous about it, just need to take that sentence much more seriously.

Well, I can't help you see the issue any more clear than this. It has NOTHING to do with it changing as far as when it will be (truly) complete. It is VERY disingenuous to try and play word games.

Well, I can't help you see the issue any more clear than this. It has NOTHING to do with it changing as far as when it will be (truly) complete. It is VERY disingenuous to try and play word games.

How can they be disingenuous if they:

A) didn’t define EA transition too release in the first place.

B) label subject to change on everything they do.

It sounds like you created your OWN definitions and are holding them accountable to those.

So out of Early Access is now an arbitrary phrase we can slap on anything? Cool.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Well, it's fairly easy to see what the plan was. Get most, if not all, of the core features including and at least working (until the next patch screws it all up anyway) by the end of the year. Agree with most others that weapons need to be on the back burner with increased operational modes for different features taking priority. Don't see any issue here, as this feels relatively normal to game releases. I'll just look at the 2021 updates as DLC and standard patches.

Once again though, we find miscommunication from ED. Kate said in her original post that the F-16 would likely not make it out of EA until Q1 of 2021. Now Wags is saying they still plan to have it done and out of EA in 2020. Which is it? You're going to slow development of the Viper to finish up the Hornet and you expect us to trust you that it will be out of EA in 2020. You want us to believe and support you ED, but you guys need to figure out how to be on the same page with the information you release. This is a stupid problem to have.

One constructive addition. Aircraft and mission cards should be a priority as both a QOL change, and one that could impact many planes. It was teased a year ago and then went silent. It should have been released sooner and doing it this year would also benefit the Viper.

+1

Other than that, very dissapointed with the Hornet Roadmap. And my expectations were low in the first place...

Might be just me, but my definition of "Product Sustainment" is maybe some liveries, bug fixes, cockpit updates etc. NOT 1-2 years development of missing features.

And just like that, ED has ensured I never spend another cent on a product of theirs.

Why? Because they told your their plans. The hornet has been in development for over 5 years and your surprised it’s not going to be “finished” in another one?

How can they be disingenuous if they:

A) didn’t define EA transition too release in the first place.

B) label subject to change on everything they do.

It sounds like you created your OWN definitions and are holding them accountable to those.

Nope, I just use normal definitions and consumer expectations used by the electronic gaming market place.

Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, alpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue further development on the game. Those that pay to participate typically help to debug the game, provide feedback and suggestions, and may have access to special materials in the game. The early-access approach is a common way to obtain funding for indie games, and may also be used along with other funding mechanisms, including crowdfunding. Many crowdfunding projects promise to offer access to alpha and/or beta versions of the game as development progresses; however, unlike some of these projects which solicit funds but do not yet have a playable game, all early access games offer an immediately playable version of the unfinished game to players."

https://www.definitions.net/definition/early+access

From a leading peer in the field:

Steam Early Access enables you to sell your game on Steam while it is still being developed, and provide context to customers that a product should be considered "unfinished." Early Access is a place for games that are in a playable alpha or beta state, are worth the current value of the playable build, and that you plan to continue to develop for release.

Releasing a game in Early Access helps set context for prospective customers and provides them with information about your plans and goals before a "final" release.

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/earlyaccess

And your #2 point is very much playing word games. They might as well call the Platypus complete and be done with the EA stage.

Nope, I just use normal definitions and consumer expectations used by the electronic gaming market place.

Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, alpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue further development on the game. Those that pay to participate typically help to debug the game, provide feedback and suggestions, and may have access to special materials in the game. The early-access approach is a common way to obtain funding for indie games, and may also be used along with other funding mechanisms, including crowdfunding. Many crowdfunding projects promise to offer access to alpha and/or beta versions of the game as development progresses; however, unlike some of these projects which solicit funds but do not yet have a playable game, all early access games offer an immediately playable version of the unfinished game to players."

https://www.definitions.net/definition/early+access

From a leading peer in the field:

Steam Early Access enables you to sell your game on Steam while it is still being developed, and provide context to customers that a product should be considered "unfinished." Early Access is a place for games that are in a playable alpha or beta state, are worth the current value of the playable build, and that you plan to continue to develop for release.

Releasing a game in Early Access helps set context for prospective customers and provides them with information about your plans and goals before a "final" release.

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/earlyaccess

And your #2 point is very much playing word games. They might as well call the Platypus complete and be done with the EA stage.

Instead of using other people’s or your own definitions of words. Use theirs...EA in this context means whatever THEY want it too. They define it on every product page listed on their store. I’m not defending them either just pointing out that they have not mis-led anyone. You did that yourself.

Not surprised. We're barely 4 months into the year and the goal line for this module gets moved into the next year. I definitely will not be purchasing any more ED "Early Access" modules for the foreseeable future. The Hornet, Viper and Supercarrier have equated to "three strikes" with ED as far as I'm concerned.

That aside, getting the systems completed should be higher priority than any additional weapons. So I guess we can also assume Kate was wrong again stating these system items would be complete in April too:

Completion of the Litening Targeting Pod

AG radar: Real Beam Ground Map (MAP)

The update from Wags is appreciated but ED really needs to do better getting stuff actually completing the products they advertise. This delay after delay has gotten old.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Man some people have some pretty serious cases of beaten wive syndrome

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Instead of using other people’s or your own definitions of words. Use theirs...EA in this context means whatever THEY want it too. They define it on every product page listed on their store. I’m not defending them either just pointing out that they have not mis-led anyone. You did that yourself.

Then anything, to include words, can and will change at the drop of a hat to suit my needs. Shall we argue over what the definition of is, is?