[REQUEST] Viper Roadmap

Linx

........ is what you should expect. Id consider it a small miracle if they added the maverick by years end.

My Setup:

HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudders, Trackir 5, i Control w/ipad, powered by Alienware Aurora ALX i7 3930k oc 4.2, dual 980s, 16gb Ram.

........ is what you should expect. Id consider it a small miracle if they added the maverick by years end.

:megalol: Love the positive attitude!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I just hope they will fix up what’s already there before adding more broken or buggy features. Do not mind waiting for stuff as long as the implemented stuff works correctly ie steerpoints with TGP......

Edited by ramjet77

Sorry, Weren’t we fed some garbage about how the F-16 and F-18 were separate teams and do not affect each other... Funny.

No. It was said that the F-18 and F-16 development will feed off each other, development done on one aircraft will transfer across to other aircraft where possible. Which considering the F-16 launched with a TGP, LGBs and shortly after release got a Datalink is proving to be the case.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

No. It was said that the F-18 and F-16 development will feed off each other, development done on one aircraft will transfer across to other aircraft where possible. Which considering the F-16 launched with a TGP, LGBs and shortly after release got a Datalink is proving to be the case.

It was also said that they were two separate teams at one point in time.

I try to see both sides here, obviously something didn't turn out as planned ressource wise or progress wise. I hope everyone learns from that. ED, and those that have some sort of expectations when they buy EA stuff.

My main struggle with the F-16 isn't even the long term development and what it gets when and whatnot.

It's more the small things about basic usability and the care that goes into how ED deals with this model and updates it, for example that the datalink hasn't been working since what feels like ages - for varying reasons - and that hasn't been fixed adequatly. Instead it breaks in newer ways, which leads me to suspect not much attention / care or some very weird development process going on. It just feels like: "If it breaks, meh .. not that bad".

Now with the most recent datalink issue (example included as image) it was said the week of the first occurance: Sorry guys, it was fixed internally already but didn't make it into this Wednesdays release.

BWmz8uQ.png

Yet the fix is also absent from next Wednesday's release. And no word was lost on it.

The F-16 will be done when it's done, same with the FA-18. I am appreciating any words from ED on this and roadmaps, but the sad matter of the truth is, that while I don't have a general dislike of ED or anything, I just don't feel like trusting them on the point of schedules or priorities anymore.

This isn't trash talking, I have realised that I can live with that. I don't even regret dumping some money into the F-16, but it's healthier for me to just let it slide and not even look at patch notes anymore and have hope to catch a glimpse of love.

I am sorry that it came to this point, I believe ED is, too. I believe they are doing their best and that they care.

Stay healthy,

Deadpool

Edited by deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

I'm not angry that we don't have all the features in the F-16. I'm not angry that development is taking a long time. I'm not angry that the F-18 gets prioritized. I'm angry that the few features we have in the F-16 are broken.

Everybody talks about the D/L, but I can cut some slack on that front since it's a big and complex system, even though it's essential to get a fix for it. What I can't understand however, is why all the minor issues that could be fixed in no-time don't get fixed.

• TMS left and right long registering on release rather than when you push the button.
  • Ridiculous NWS gains that makes taxiing feel like you're riding a unicycle down Mt. Everest.
  • Wheel friction that is so high it makes crosswind landings per F-16 handbook guidelines an impossibility.
  • Target lock not being maintained when switching from A-A mode to Dogfight mode and vice versa.
  • TWS changing radar scale when a lock is lost making a chore to reaquire.
  • EXP mode still not being centered on the cursor, making it effectively useless since you can't see where your cursor is, and therefor can't lock targets without a shot-in-the-dark technique.

All of these are quite easily fixable issues and there are more examples in addition to these. Still, they're present for months and months after they're discovered and no progress is being made at all. They can say "reported" for six months on end in the bugs thread, they still don't get fixed. I don't care about new features at this point. Just fix the ones you already have.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I would also be very happy to wait a year or even longer before brand new features will be implemented.

I totally agree to previous post in regards to having the already implemented features just be fixed and working in perfect order.

Especially having properly functioning WP input, TACAN, Radar lock and a working Tail Strobe Light in MP.

If these issues are addressed, lots of virtual squadrons can have loads of cool and fun missions that are immersive.

Leave any new features out until they are functioning bug free and thoroughly tested by test teams, then put it in Open Beta release.

I would really like to see any features tested fully and extensively before pushed to OB.

Waiting for some feature in a properly working plane is no problem, it will not cause this kind of unrest in communities if it would be done this way.

Dear people of Eagle Dynamics, would this be a reasonable thing to ask of you?

Have a nice day!

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

What's not to be forgotten is the huge gap in between messages:

You bought the plane when it was said that the F-16 (and the FA-18 ) were to be out of EA at the end of 2020.

Now the narrative is: This holds true for FA-18 but F-16 will only get minor fixes (that I also sadly don't perceive), but more importantly: F-16 features will be started 2021 essentially. That's a year worth of gap that developed "overnight".

And I know that my perception of what's going on behind the scenes isn't catching it all and that I am sure some things will trickle down into the F-16 as well over the course of the year.

For a plane where loadout and feature decisions were very strongly influenced by the bold statement that it should be the best F-16 simulation on the market (hinting at that other flight sim) I feel very drained.

Still, you have to play with the cards you're dealt, so I feel happy for all FA-18 guys and all the others and will just see what the Wednesdays bring for us F-16 pilots.

My trust is gone, and you won't get it back. ED can only make it worse by introducing more defects into the F-16 or communicating promises only to break them then.

So imho, best would be to not get any more news on the F-16 except for bugfixes. But only once they are done and guaranteed to be in the Wednesday patch. I don't want to get my hopes up every Wednesday and feel that sting over and over again.

Edited by deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

I might be in a minority here but (some quirky behaviour notwithstanding) I think the release we have of the F16 is better than the initial release of the Hornet?

Patience, it will come. I know we want our 'fav stuff' ASAP, but ED consistently knock out good stuff - its just a bit of a journey to get there.

Much better this than no F16 at all surely?

-S

Here's the deal, the Viper is currently around 95% complete for Air To Air. It has pretty much all important HOTAS functions modelled, TWS and DL (which will hopefully get fixed soon). The only thing missing would be maybe an improvement to the gloc model, more liveries and a pilot body for the cockpit. Other than that it is decent and it's core can be very well brought up to speed this year - proper waypoint simulation, offsets, TGP A2A mode etc.

And given the fact its radar hugely overperforms in DCS, it is probably the best air to air BVR platform.

I try to see both sides here, obviously something didn't turn out as planned ressource wise or progress wise. I hope everyone learns from that. ED, and those that have some sort of expectations when they buy EA stuff.

My main struggle with the F-16 isn't even the long term development and what it gets when and whatnot.

It's more the small things about basic usability and the care that goes into how ED deals with this model and updates it, for example that the datalink hasn't been working since what feels like ages - for varying reasons - and that hasn't been fixed adequatly. Instead it breaks in newer ways, which leads me to suspect not much attention / care or some very weird development process going on. It just feels like: "If it breaks, meh .. not that bad".

Now with the most recent datalink issue (example included as image) it was said the week of the first occurance: Sorry guys, it was fixed internally already but didn't make it into this Wednesdays release.

BWmz8uQ.png

Yet the fix is also absent from next Wednesday's release. And no word was lost on it.

The F-16 will be done when it's done, same with the FA-18. I am appreciating any words from ED on this and roadmaps, but the sad matter of the truth is, that while I don't have a general dislike of ED or anything, I just don't feel like trusting them on the point of schedules or priorities anymore.

This isn't trash talking, I have realised that I can live with that. I don't even regret dumping some money into the F-16, but it's healthier for me to just let it slide and not even look at patch notes anymore and have hope to catch a glimpse of love.

I am sorry that it came to this point, I believe ED is, too. I believe they are doing their best and that they care.

Stay healthy,

Deadpool

I am truly convinced that ED is working their @ss off to stay on track in development en release new features as promised in their progress reports but..... I'd rather wait for a new feature that works instead of having a buggy feature that doesn't work as intended. So far i'm pretty satisfied about the current state. Big kudos for ED :thumbup:

I am truly convinced that ED is working their @ss off to stay on track in development en release new features as promised in their progress reports but..... I'd rather wait for a new feature that works instead of having a buggy feature that doesn't work as intended. So far i'm pretty satisfied about the current state. Big kudos for ED :thumbup:

Ofc they are, and they are doing a great job, I don't mind waiting, not forever tho, that's why I bought the f16 even tho its early early access, I did it to support their work.

Yes a F-16C Viper roadmap should be a thing, even though by the looks of it we won't see a very active development until 2021.....

This is precisely why we need a roadmap for Viper also.

Few weeks ago it was said that Viper will be out of EA in 2020.

Now we're told that Viper development will be slowed down even further (after very little development in the last 7 months).

Now we're told that Viper development will be slowed down even further (after very little development in the last 7 months).

True yes, maybe it I best we also voice our opinions on this whole matter on the F-18 roadmap discussion post, I already did at least https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4302567&postcount=170

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wouldn't say the Hornet will really be out of EA at the end of 2020. Just claiming it's out of EA doesn't mean it is. There will still be 27 updates that won't be done.

I'll be surprised if the Viper is out of EA in 2021.

Buzz

It was also said that they were two separate teams at one point in time.

They are separate teams but in some areas they overlaps....

Also about some features, they need to be in dcs before being transferred to another module...as for example with ag radar

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I think they will do once the hornet one will be finalized....remember that the one posted by wags is more a proposal for now, and so they are open to discussing it with us.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

They are separate teams but in some areas they overlaps....

Also about some features, they need to be in dcs before being transferred to another module...as for example with ag radar

The past posts clearly show that there are no separate teams.... If there were the Viper development wouldn't have to be slown down in order to actually get things done on the hornet, it is all just one big modern aircraft team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]