Training missions?

Maulkin

Hey folks,

I am trying out the JF-17 for the first time as part of the "free month" as I had heard this module was considered to be among the most complete. But when I went to start with the training I was surprised to only see two training missions: ColdStart, and Navigation.

Am I missing something? Do I need to download the training missions separately?

Thanks

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Those are the training missions for now, Rudel chw has made some nice ones with TTS they are stickied at the top of the forum.

I will say it is pretty easy to learn, and the quick start manual is about 80 pages long, and Chucks guide is a massive amount of content at over 300 pages.

The instant action missions are set up pretty simply and work as good ways to practice each different weapon type

It is complete in its weapons, though there is a laser guided bomb we didn’t get, all the important UFCP and MFCD menus are there with simpler ones missing like checklist page or INS correction.

It’s air to air radar is pretty complete now with its air to ground radar only missing EXP and DBS modes.

With the refueling probe in and final textures being worked on it looks like it’s in the final stages, needing the rest of its liveries at the end, I’m sure the AG radar modes will come last since that depends on ED API, the DL also has its issues but those are being worked on.

It’s only free the first week so enjoy

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Ok thanks!

Are the training missions that Rudel chw provided based on the official missions or did he create them from scratch? I was a bit confused by his wording in his thread when he said "I'm in the process of editing some training missions for the JF-17, because I felt that the built-in training missions can be improved a bit, by adding voice-overs and making them longer to better explain things." It sounded like he was taking the existing missions and adding voiceovers. But he has a lot more missions there than I have in my training folder.

I forgot about Chuck's guides! I will go find that for sure.

I thought it was free for a month? Or are Deka doing it differently from the other modules?

Edited by Maulkin

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Are the training missions that Rudel chw provided based on the official missions or did he create them from scratch? ...

Hello,

I edited them from scratch .. tough on the first one, for Cold Start, I wanted a mission that followed closely the procedure of the Manual .. as I felt that the (official) training mission didn’t really covered the whole procedure ..

:smartass:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

I edited them from scratch .. tough on the first one, for Cold Start, I wanted a mission that followed closely the procedure of the Manual .. as I felt that the (official) training mission didn’t really covered the whole procedure ..

:smartass:

Well thanks for creating all of these training missions! They are brilliant!

--Maulkin

Well thanks for creating all of these training missions! They are brilliant!

Thanks for your kind words :thumbup: .. currently I’m somewhat burned-up trying to be successful at Air-refueling, so that’s why I haven’t added more missions to that series .. once I learn to air-refuel, I will continue adding more :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB