[WIP] WMD7 screen not affected by screen effects

Crysinator

Hello,

I've noticed that the WMD7 screen is not effected by other visual effects. For reference please have a look at the attached file.

Also the datalink pod shows a weird behavior:

If the video feed is first established the image is very sharp and focused.

When you zoom in it becomes less sharp. Now when you zoom out again it stays unfocused like in the zoomed in state.

It's hard to hit precise shots this way.

Thank you!

- Crysinator

Screen_200422_000059.thumb.png.9bd96e702c329af54d38e58198b0d348.png

Edited by uboats

Hardware: Intel i7-6700K (OC) - 16GB DDR4 (OC) - Asus Z170 - MSI GTX 1080 (OC)

Input: TrackIR 5 - Thrustmaster Warthog

I'm more concerned with the WMD7 screen that is very dark in my screenshot when it should be bright like the rest. I'll wait for the update and report back. Thank you for the reply.

I'm more concerned with the WMD7 screen that is very dark in my screenshot when it should be bright like the rest. I'll wait for the update and report back. Thank you for the reply.

U have to adjust the level setting manually after the range is change, 5nm & 20nm need different level settings.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

I got that but shouldn't "black" be equally black for all MFCDs? Because in the screenshot every screen looks the same but the area where the TGP is displayed is much more dark. In my mind this should look just like all the other screens.

I got that but shouldn't "black" be equally black for all MFCDs? Because in the screenshot every screen looks the same but the area where the TGP is displayed is much more dark. In my mind this should look just like all the other screens.

TGP has its own brightness(level) and gain settings for the output video feed, U should try adjust the level(brightness) to -1 or 0 at closer range. I'm sure you will get a much better video feed.

TGP has its own brightness(level) and gain settings for the output video feed, U should try adjust the level(brightness) to -1 or 0 at closer range. I'm sure you will get a much better video feed.

From the screenshot it looks like it’s more of a backlight issue with the screens themselves and not referring to the color/brightness of the pod image output.

From the screenshot it looks like it’s more of a backlight issue with the screens themselves and not referring to the color/brightness of the pod image output.

The screenshot's TGP seemed still caged in the bay, video feed is not actived.

I think we are not talking about the same thing. Sorry for my bad explanation if that's the case. I've tried to replicate the look using Photoshop. Please tell me if the MFCD should look like the photoshopped screenshot I've attached.

Screen_200422_000059.thumb.jpg.9d52e84a8e0e8c7234d8d6ce8b8625c8.jpg

It's very hard to make everything on screen affect by it, also those one who export the MFD to second monitor / touch screen or any display device need the display it self to be clean and they dont want any special effect with it. So the backlight is just some "eye candy" for now, and remind the pilot there's a day/night mode switch.

We are trying to find some work around, this may change later.

Yes I have global illumination turned on. Should it be disabled?

Also thank you very much mseraserf or the detailed explanation!

The JF-17 is an awesome module. Keep up the great work.

Edited by Crysinator

WMD7 image is too dark. Definitely bugged.

Not MFD problem.

See my other thread, https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=271160 .

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...
WMD7 image is too dark. Definitely bugged.

Not MFD problem.

See my other thread, https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=271160 .

In a CAS quick mission the WMD7 video settings are extremely low brightness values, IIRC a -7 for brightness and -4 for contrast. And that ends up to have black screen that shows you some bright day time sky features. But once you set them higher you get normal viewing.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.